Travel during Christmas

Do you have any other form of Non-Chinese ID ? If you have at least a STATE ID card, sure.

BUT - that VISA you have is solely to enter the country, once.

The airlines will look at your china passport, if you present it to them, and look at the dates on the visa stamps.

If you can get a state ID card where you live, you'll have much less hassle.

Have you filed the AOS package yet? MAYBE you can get some stamp in your passport if so, but you'll have to make an infopass appointment to be certain.

All n all - if you can get STATE ID card, is easier for you to travel on airlines within the continental united states (CONUS).

Guest Rob & Jin

you dont need a "visa" or passport to travel within the USA, however as Darnell said a US issued form of ID would be very useful if flying.

if you dont have that , then you will need to carry your PRC passport, just dont exit US soil.

Thanks for the idea though but I don't think so. We are living in the Northeast of your country and we will travel to northwest for Christmas where my husband comes from. I don't think it's feasible for me! Anyway, we applied SSN today and then think of getting an ID.

Here's an IDEA -

Why not drive across ? You get to see much of our country this way, and can spend time with your husband and talk.

YES, You can travel DOMESTICALLY.

There is NO restriction on domestic travel, ONLY international travel.

If you applied for AOS and EAD hopefully you have EAD card by then it makes a good ID for air travel, put you are fine with using passport with expired I-94 card, some simply carry a copy of I-485 receipt letter as proof of "AOS Pending" status, just in case expired I-94 card is questioned.