Chinese Food Stores & etc.

SheLikesME?

• 9 months later...

We just got back from our first trip to an Asian market we found out about in our area. It's a few miles east of youse, up in State College, Pa, home of Penn State Nitty Lions. Great market, my wife was like a lil' kid in a candy store with a pocket full of cash. Last time I saw her smile like that was.....opps, this IS a family show.

Good luck to you and your search. For pert near one year we've had to drive a couple of hours down to the DC area to get real Asian food stuffs. Became friends with a Hong Kong owner of a small restaurant and he turned us on to this place. Better selection, half the price than the city.

Fellas, I started something then lost a big bunch of interest and divorced later. When I am up to it and have time, I will try to organize this, like I wanted to originally, so a feller or filly can just take a glance in the first few posts. Had a deal with The Don I believe it was back then. But will talk to you later on that mods...

In Plano, TX: Ex likes the store at Legacy and 75. Sometimes uses the 99 store a little further South.

I still like the one in Arlington with the old tile on the floor and fish smell. Later. :)

• Like 1
  • 3 years later...

Fellas, I started something then lost a big bunch of interest and divorced later. When I am up to it and have time, I will try to organize this, like I wanted to originally, so a feller or filly can just take a glance in the first few posts. Had a deal with The Don I believe it was back then. But will talk to you later on that mods...

In Plano, TX: Ex likes the store at Legacy and 75. Sometimes uses the 99 store a little further South.

I still like the one in Arlington with the old tile on the floor and fish smell. Later. :)

Yep, I have been there a few times, is a good sized market.

• 2 weeks later...

There are two good sized Asian markets in the Overland park area near Kansas City. One is called 888, and the other is called Pan-Asia. 888 has been around for a number of years, and is a very large supermarket - good prices and good selections. I'd say it is three times the size of a Wal-Mart grocery section. Rose loves to go there. It also has a restaurant to eat lunch or take out, and a section of the store for cookware and other essentials. Pan-Asia is new- less than a year old, and it also very large. It is almost as large as 888. The selections are quite good, but less than 888, and the prices a bit more expensive. either way, there's a good selection here in the southern KC area.

888 International Market: 10118 W 119th St,

Pan Asia: 11940 Metcalf Ave

Edited by dnoblett
Added G-Map links (see edit history)