Chinese Food Stores & etc.

SheLikesME?

Guest ShaQuaNew

this one in orlando is great, we are there every week buying something or other, they have a great fish market in the back.

its bigger than the local supermarket (publix)

between kirkman and hiawassee on west colonial SR50

http://www.1storiental.com/

I think that's the largest one in the Orlando area. There is another Asian store, Vietnamese actually, that carries a lot of Chinese products. It's also located on Colonial (SR 50), about one mile East of Mills, on the south side of the street. The owner of that store is an awesome guy. He always sponsors a free to the public get-together for Chinese New Year.

A smaller store is located on Mills, just north of Colonial (SR 50), on the West side of the road. I forget the name though.

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

Here are a few from Our Area:

Asian Market

(704) 391-7114

1650 Pacific St, Charlotte, NC 28208

Vienghan Asian Food Market

(704) 399-3078

3403 Brookshire Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28216

New Asian Market

(704) 393-5831

423 Bradford Dr, Charlotte, NC 28208

Asian Market & Seafood

5929 South Blvd

Charlotte, NC 28217

Phone: (704) 553-8008

Vinai Asian-Intl Market

(828) 322-1295

1221 16th St Ne, Hickory, NC 28601

Asian Market

2636 Northwest Blvd

Newton, NC 28658

(828) 464-9005

There is also ONE HUGE Chinese & Asian Mall (Grocery, Jewlery, Clothing, Dishes etc in North Charlotte. (Sorry I don't have the name or the address) but I can give you the directions. (The Mrs Loves this place)

If traveling North on I-85 (from SC) get off on exit 41 (Sugar Creek Rd). Turn Right (McDee's on the right).

Travel down this 4 lane rd on the inside until you get to the next Main intersection (Tryon) you will know this because Tryon is also a large 4 lane rd.

Turn Left & get over to the far right as quickly as possible as the Chinese mall will be on the right.

Now do not let the appearance fool you. Yes, it will look like an abandon set of shops with a nasty broken up parking lot. But this is where you will want to be. There are about 30 shops all inside this very old mall building. Here, you will be able to find virtually anything from Live Seafood, to hand made furniture, clothing, all kinds of Asian foods, ingrediants, spices, even Good Ole Chinese Beer. (We buy it by the 4 case lol Once a month trip) When you come, do not get in a hurry as the mrs will want to shop until she drops.

While you wait, go inside & find some freshly made chinese bread & pastries, even roast Duck, Fresh Sugarcane drink (made right there while you wait. )

I'll try & get you some more as I can locate their addresses. We've been to them a few times, just cant remember as to how I got there, LOL

Hope this helps

There's quite a few in my area but getting information on them comes from word of mouth, so i don't have maps or addresses lol just directions

Choi's

Mainly Korean but a lot of Japanese snacks and Chinese spices

Off of Jordan Ln. in Huntsville

Asian Supermarket (yes that's it name lol)

Mostly Chinese with a great produce section

Beside Asbury Thrift Store

Dong Cheng Market (I think that's the name)

Chinese and Japanese and the largest in the area. WONDERFUL selection

Off Madison Blvd in the corner of the shopping center behind Country Bar-B-Que

There's also a few more in the bad parts of town but i don't go there often enough to have good info on them

Gee, I hardly know where to start.

Off hand, I can readily think of 3 99Ranch markets (aka DaWa), Valley Supermarket, Shun Fat, and a few other Asian supermarkets within 4 miles of our home.

Am I supposed to give you their addresses?

I think for the west coast it's easier to refer to the Yellow Pages. :D

Off hand, I can readily think of 3 99Ranch markets (aka DaWa), Valley Supermarket, Shun Fat, and a few other Asian supermarkets within 4 miles of our home.

I think for the west coast it's easier to refer to the Yellow Pages. :blink:

Well I thought I might just list whole commuinities in those areas. I need to do the same about Houston. But now Little Rock, AR......We have found only 3 stores so far. Word of mouth only gave us 2.

What would be nice in large Asian communities like that is to give a review and list where you shop and why.

I think for the west coast it's easier to refer to the Yellow Pages. :P

Well I thought I might just list whole commuinities in those areas. I need to do the same about Houston. But now Little Rock, AR......We have found only 3 stores so far. Word of mouth only gave us 2.

What would be nice in large Asian communities like that is to give a review and list where you shop and why.

Man, I can't find but one and that is 20 minutes away in Media and that is a small produce store and thats Korean ( nice lady though ) and will get any thing I need but it is small.

• 1 month later...
Guest Tony n Terrific

Asian food sources link in all 50 states.

http://www.newasiancuisine.com/new_asian/m...re.asp#Kentucky

In the Cincinnati-Northern Kentucky-Dayton Metro:

Cincinnati Asia Market

Categories: Grocery, Ethnic Food

Neighborhood: Evendale

10400 Reading Rd

Cincinnati, OH 45241

(513) 733-1828

www.huaxin.us

Saigon Market

Findlay Market

1801 Race Street

Store 250

Cincinnati, Ohio 45202

(513)721-8053

http://www.findlaymarket.org/saigon.htm

Asian Market

11259 Reading Rd

Cincinnati

Ohio

Telephone: 513-356-3992

Hanguk Oriental Food Market

1042 Kauffman Avenue,

Fairborn, OH 45324

(937) 754-1619

Dong Ying Asian Market Inc

3207 Jefferson Avenue,

Cincinnati, OH 45220

(513) 861-6007

Domg Yang Oriental Food & Gifts

500 West Main Street,

Fairborn, OH 45324

(937) 878-6102

Jungle Jim's International Market

5440 Dixie Hiway

Fairfield, Ohio 45014

(513)674-6000

http://www.junglejims.com/

• 4 weeks later...

I just saw a 99 Ranch in my area kinda, are they good?

I know about 3 in the part of the Atlanta Suburbs I live. One in particular I know of is Hong Kong Market on Jimmy Carter Blvd, Norcross Ga, next to I-85, it is good, very big....

but My wife went with a chinese friend she knows here on Monday and said it was sooo big, but I don't know where it is, yet. I beleive it is near the Chinatown in N. Atlanta. Next time we go to Chinatown I will try and find it.