passport name,is different than on petition

when submitting our petition(k3)back last year,i filled in the document as our married name,my last name(family name),because,then i knew very little of chinese culture,but little did i know,the wife will keep her last name (family name).So,her passport says her family name,our petition says my family name (as part of her name).what to do?her visa will say a different name than what is on her passport.Should she explain this to the VO at her interview.?

my wife s friend has a friend who is a lawyer,and he is stirring up all kinds of crap,i think he wants to convince my wife,to hire him.

he says i need a co-sponsor...i make 28,000 a year,and she is my only dependant. i am not seeing how i need a co sponsor. theres typo errors on my I-130 he wants me to change it,give it to my wife,my wife has the copies of what Guz has.....change them? :(

jimi

Your income should be fine.

I would have wife simply get married name appended into the passport.

No need to confuse things, if USCIS had no problems with the I-130 and approved, there is no need to bring another to GUZ for interview. I-130 is USCIS form, GUZ tends to use DOS form DS-230 for infrmation.

when submitting our petition(k3)back last year,i filled in the document as our married name,my last name(family name),because,then i knew very little of chinese culture,but little did i know,the wife will keep her last name (family name).So,her passport says her family name,our petition says my family name (as part of her name).what to do?her visa will say a different name than what is on her passport.Should she explain this to the VO at her interview.?

my wife s friend has a friend who is a lawyer,and he is stirring up all kinds of crap,i think he wants to convince my wife,to hire him.

he says i need a co-sponsor...i make 28,000 a year,and she is my only dependant. i am not seeing how i need a co sponsor. theres typo errors on my I-130 he wants me to change it,give it to my wife,my wife has the copies of what Guz has.....change them? :coolthumb:

jimi

Heyjimi, I am a novice here, but, I can recommend that for the sake of your nerves, you would do well to get you and Lao Po on the same page. Once my Lao Po got on the Chinese language Visa Internet sites, she ended up with the same conclusions as I have come by in the two sites I frequent. In general, I see use of lawyers getting 2 thumbs down for normal US immigration handling.

I made an error ( or two ;) ) in my K1 app, and when I realized it, I was really getting worried, and composed a correction addendum to my application. Before I sent that correction notice to USCIS, I asked on this forum, and received advice, basically, not to over-do-it and that such a submission of correction could just cause more friction than the original mistake. Another, almost funny, revelation, is that it seems not all forms or parts of forms are even reviewed ( G325-A is one i have heard this about ). So, I decided that, unless it is a serious misrepresentation, I am not worrying about it. So far, I am P.2. On my G325-A form, I listed my fiance's country of birth not as China but Tiquan. Tiquan isn't even a country. :lol: It's a small town in China.

Best of luck!

I would suggest you use the email form for GZ and present the issue to them.

Your main obstacle is that the invitation letter name does not match the passport and that could prevent her from getting in the door, much less explain the situation.

She may be able to get her married name amendment place in her passport, it's a simple process here in the US, but I don't know how difficult it might be in China. It would require the marriage book and the fee is pretty small for this.

The other issue you may have is that the name check was performed using her married name and a new name check may be required.

You have a short time before the interview so getting GZ in the loop on this quickly is important.

Your income meets the requirements so a joint sponsor should not be required.

Typo's on the I-130 are not an issue in GZ, the I-129F and DS-230 are what is used there.

The big issue is the name and it is very possible this could cause you a delay, so you need to work quickly to be sure GZ does not require something more.

I would suggest you use the email form for GZ and present the issue to them.

Your main obstacle is that the invitation letter name does not match the passport and that could prevent her from getting in the door, much less explain the situation.

She may be able to get her married name amendment place in her passport, it's a simple process here in the US, but I don't know how difficult it might be in China. It would require the marriage book and the fee is pretty small for this.

The other issue you may have is that the name check was performed using her married name and a new name check may be required.

You have a short time before the interview so getting GZ in the loop on this quickly is important.

Your income meets the requirements so a joint sponsor should not be required.

Typo's on the I-130 are not an issue in GZ, the I-129F and DS-230 are what is used there.

The big issue is the name and it is very possible this could cause you a delay, so you need to work quickly to be sure GZ does not require something more.

ok,I will email Guz,good idea, when i called DOS two weeks ago to recieve my wife's interview date,they referred to the file as to my wife's chinese name,and not my family name,i think also her interview letter is in her chinese name(which is the name on her passport).i just called my wife,is 2 am her time,where she is,ehmmm,guess i learned a lesson ,not to bother her,getting her beauty sleep.she said we talk tomorrow.anyway,thanks for the suggestion.

jimi

My I-130 Petition says her english name. On the DS230 line one and twenty eight should be her Chinese family name. She signed it with her english name. Part 1 with her english name. I know I may be asking dumb question and find things difficult sometimes to understand. But, I have already got one RFE and I really do not want another one.

It does make sense now to me that I would need to use her Chinese family name since it is an appilcation for visa and needs to match her passport.

I am a little worried because the I-130 has her english family name.

Her paasport has her chinese name so I would presume that is what they should use on the letter

Don't presume anything, they don't have her passport they have the paperwork you submitted. This may be fine, but it's best to contact GZ once they have the petition to be sure this is clarified.

As I said before, if the interview letter is for her married name she would be required to provide identification in that name to be granted admittance to the interview. If GZ is clued in on the situation it will probably be just fine, but if you assume it will be fine you have a better than average chance of being disappointed.

well we are amrried and she signed her U.S name on the DS230. I am just not sure what to put for family name on line 1 and 26. the I-130 the lawyer submitted says on the approved I130 her american name. What a mess and I am nott sire waht to do wit the DS 230 form

well we are amrried and she signed her U.S name on the DS230. I am just not sure what to put for family name on line 1 and 26. the I-130 the lawyer submitted says on the approved I130 her american name. What a mess and I am nott sire waht to do wit the DS 230 form

how will Guz do name check on her ? does her houkou reflect married name (usa name)?

how will Guz do name check on her ? does her houkou reflect married name (usa name)?

The name check will be done on both her married name and Chinese name as it is listed as well.

What remains to be seen is how GZ will address the interview letter.