Children at Interview

Yes, as I best recall he is considered a minor child at 15 and can not be interviewed without his mother present.

No - he CAN be interviewed separately. I don't think it's required that his mother be there, but they MAY be allowed to interview together.

Jim or Lee will have better details here.

Yes, as I best recall he is considered a minor child at 15 and can not be interviewed without his mother present.

Well I filed for my wife and step son both

Well I filed for my wife and step son both

Well I would suspect that they interview together and he does not have to answer any question since he will be coming with my wife and is only 15> I don't know and looking for answer even if it is way ahead of time.

Hey Phil,

The Consulate will not issue a visa to someone they don't see so your step son should go to the interview with your wife if you included his name on your original I-129/I-130 package.

The instructions that come with the P-4 package state "The Consulate has scheduled an appointment for an immigrant visa interview for the beneficiaries as noted at the bottom of this letter." Your wife's and step son's name will be shown on the letter. If they are traveling together he must go to the interview with her to get his visa.

My sweet fiancee Haiqing and her son went together for the interview just a few weeks ago. He is 18 and the VO did ask him the following questions.

VO: (to son) How old are you?

Son: 18

VO: How do you feel about your mommy's and his relationship?

Son: (slowly and with emphasis) I think this is the best match in the world!

VO: laughing, Do you get along with him when you're alone and no mommy?

Son: Yes, a lot of time we together we get along very much, so happy.

VO: What do you talk about?

Son: We talk about how to learn English, our future life and interesting things, we also together go shopping.

VO: smiled with satisfaction

Haiqing and I practiced the 95 interview questions that are pinned here on CFL. We changed the answers to fit our situation and printed them out. I would ask her the questions in random order and often times changed the questions by re-wording them so she had to pay attention just like she would have to do during the interview. Our son actually memorized the questions and answers because he thought he might be asked those questions also! I was amazed at how seriously he took the interview.

Younger children may be asked questions but I haven't read anyone else's interview results where the questions were particularly difficult. Most were along the lines of "have you met your mother's fiance?" sort of questions.

Good luck to you both,

Bob

Wow thanks for all the information Bob

Were do I go to get the 95 question so that I can send them to my wife to start working on now? I am still at the NVC center and have only been there for a few days. However I want to prepare for next steps. I am going over there December 18 and will stay until 1/4. Then I will return to be with her during the interview process. When I go to the interview with her it will be my fourth trip there.

Thanks again

If you have any other advise like how soon to arrive for the interview, were to stay or how much are hotels I sure would like to know. Did you stay and wait on your visa?

Wow thanks for all the information Bob

Were do I go to get the 95 question so that I can send them to my wife to start working on now? I am still at the NVC center and have only been there for a few days. However I want to prepare for next steps. I am going over there December 18 and will stay until 1/4. Then I will return to be with her during the interview process. When I go to the interview with her it will be my fourth trip there.

Thanks again

If you have any other advise like how soon to arrive for the interview, were to stay or how much are hotels I sure would like to know. Did you stay and wait on your visa?

The 95 questions and so much more are in the Candle for Love FAQ:

CFL FAQ

Click on Interview Questions FAQ.

As has been addressed many times before, the K-2 or K-4 child who is going to accompany the K-1 or K-3 beneficiary parent to the US, must attend the interview at the Consulate. They will each be listed on the GUZ letter (part of the P-4 pkg) authorizing the attendance at the interview.

Sometimes there may be a question or two for the child, and sometimes there will be no questions for the child.

In our recent case, my K-4 daughter was at the window with my Lao Po; however, she was not asked a single question by the VO, while my wife was asked 2 questions prior to the pink slip being issued.

As has been addressed many times before, the K-2 or K-4 child who is going to accompany the K-1 or K-3 beneficiary parent to the US, must attend the interview at the Consulate. They will each be listed on the GUZ letter (part of the P-4 pkg) authorizing the attendance at the interview.

Sometimes there may be a question or two for the child, and sometimes there will be no questions for the child.

In our recent case, my K-4 daughter was at the window with my Lao Po; however, she was not asked a single question by the VO, while my wife was asked 2 questions prior to the pink slip being issued.

EXCEPT that the child MAY interview up to one year later. It is advisable that the parent be at this interview also.

By all means have your son go to the interview. Our daughter was 14, almost 15, at the interview. She was asked no questions, but she was prepared to say many things. She knew my whole name and how to spell it. She knew the names and basic information about my family in America. I think Bob gave a good example of how your son can help if he is asked any questions.

Roger, I haven't seen a post from you in a coon's age. Either I am not reading where you are posting or you have been busy with your family. I hope things are going well for you.

You're timeline is not clear, did you file and I-130 for your wife and another for your son?

If you didn't he will not be able to interview with her. If you did they can interview together, but at times the CR-1 and CR-2 get seperated and different interview dates are assigned. If that happens you need to contact GZ to request that they interview on the same day.

Now if you didn't file an I-130 for both of them, I would suggest that you immediately file an I-129F for the K-3/K-4 visa and let the I-130 stop at NVC. The K-3 visa allows for her child to receive a visa without filing seperately, which is not possible with the CR-1.