I am new to this list but have been reading it and other forums for the last few months preparing for my petition submittal when I return from Beijing in early Nov.

I having had Li Hong filling out G-325a, Letter of Intent, getting her Blue Book, Birth Certificate and Pass Port ready. I will be bringing back original and copies of some of these as needed to submit with my petition as required.

I noticed there is a lot of talk about notarizing papers.

What things need to be notarized? Like the FC-029 form that states copies have not been altered or copy of devoice paper?

Were do I get things notarized in Beijing

Edited by Bill & Li Hong (see edit history)

I am new to this list but have been reading it and our for the last few months preparing for my petition submittal when I return form Beijing in early Nov.

I have had Li Hong filling out G-325a, Letter of Intent, getting her Blue Book, Birth Certificate and Pass Port. I will be bringing back original and copies of some of these as needed to submit with my petition as required.

I notice there is a lot of talk about notarizing papers.

What things need to be notarized? Like the FC-029 form that states copies have not been altered or copy of devoice paper?

Were do I get things notarized in Beijing

here is a list of what you need to submit with your petition from vj.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1guide

at this stage you don't need her birth certificate. few people use the fc-029 anymore, you just need her divorce papers translated and notarized. you can get these at the notary office. they come bound in a white book. your honey will know where to get this. later on in the process, she will need notarized and translated birth certificate, police report, and single certificate. good luck!

you just need her divorce papers translated and notarized. you can get these at the notary office. they come bound in a white book. your honey will know where to get this. later on in the process, she will need notarized and translated birth certificate, police report, and single certificate. good luck!

Thanks!

She tells me when she got her devorce papers and birth certificate a few weeks ago they gave them to her in Chinese and English. I haven't gotten to see them yet, but if they are I assume this would be good enough w/o any other translating.

This would explain why when I refer to them as papers, she refer to them as books.

• 1 month later...

you just need her divorce papers translated and notarized. you can get these at the notary office. they come bound in a white book. your honey will know where to get this. later on in the process, she will need notarized and translated birth certificate, police report, and single certificate. good luck!

I have now seen her devorce book and birth book, she also got a passport. She had them both translated when she got them. The translated copies are bond in the books. The Chinese copy has a stamp on them but the english copy dosen't. Is there something else I need on the English copy? A notary stamp?

Thanks!

I went over this with her again last night. She got out her red divorce book, "blue book", and showed me she had also gotten two sealed and translated white book copies of it, one for me to submit with the I-129F and one for her to take to the interview. WOW! She's smart! Same for her Birth Papers.