Vaccination

For most:

MMR, (Mumps, Measles, Rubella)

Varicella (Chicken POX)

Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids

For women (HPV)

A TB skin test may also be needed.

NOTE call around for the best price, they do not need to be given by a US Civil Surgeon, and also if you suspect getting vaccinated, or are immune because you had the condition when young, you can get tested (Titer Test) for anti-bodies.

ditto what dnoblett said. also, the varicella is given as a series of 2 injections at least 4 weeks apart. good luck!

Yes, but can visit a Civil Surgeon after the first one and before the 2nd and get the records transfered to a I-693 before the 2nd one is done.

Note I-693 is a very common topic, a few recent ones:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=33208&hl=

ditto what dnoblett said. also, the varicella is given as a series of 2 injections at least 4 weeks apart. good luck!

Yes, but can visit a Civil Surgeon after the first one and before the 2nd and get the records transfered to a I-693 before the 2nd one is done.

Note I-693 is a very common topic, a few recent ones:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=33208&hl=

correct. when this happens the cs fills out the vacciantion page and checks that you need another varicella and the cs also checks the waiver checkbox allowing you to turn in your aos papers before the vaccination series is complete. this is what happened in our case.

Any opinions on the safety of Chinese vaccinations? Lets face it, if they can't guarantee the quality of their milk, water, pet food, and childrens toys, how can you be sure their drugs are safe?

My fiancee wants to have her vaccinations done in the US and I have to agree with her. Why gamble on your health to save a little money?

The clinics that are approved by the consulate for physicals wouldn't keep that endorsement very long if they were giving unsafe vaccinations. I think the the majority of us had them done in GZ. I have never heard of any consulate approved clinics being guilty of malpractice.

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)
  • 2 weeks later...

The doctor today said I don't need an HPV vaccination. Is that right? The doctor is not a certified civil surgeon but is only a primary care physician. The doctor checked the CDC website to see what the required vaccinations are. But there are a lot of vaccinations listed on the I-693. Why are there so many vaccinations listed on that form if I don't need all of them?

For most:

MMR, (Mumps, Measles, Rubella)

Varicella (Chicken POX)

Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids

For women (HPV)

A TB skin test may also be needed.

NOTE call around for the best price, they do not need to be given by a US Civil Surgeon, and also if you suspect getting vaccinated, or are immune because you had the condition when young, you can get tested (Titer Test) for anti-bodies.