Guangzhou interview jitters

My fiancee has her interview soon and we both have the jitters after reading about visa denials.

Some basics about our relationship. I met her May 2006 while working in CHina as a Coworker's girlfriend brought her to Disco we were at one evening and the rest is history. I was married , but seperated at the time , like these days that really matters. I had an amicable divorce as me and the wife started as friends and saw no reason to drag our child through an ugly divorce and did a seperation agreement to make the divorce simple.

My fiancee has been living in my Foshan Condo since March 2007 and I have made about 9 trips since I have met her. We only began taking pictures of ourselves together ince October 2007 , 3 trips worth , as we had pnly decided to marry since that point and discovered the K1 and the requirements of such at that same time. We have 20 copies of long distance phone bills , 40 qq messages copies, emails and emails between her and my son( all emails are in english and chinese), 50 or 60 pictures including a trip to Hong Kong we took, including ones of my parents , son and siblings, receipts for gifts I have sent her , letters from my parents and hers , even a letter (notarized) from the exwife explaining that we have no plans for reconciliation with her address and phone number. i did hire an attorney to help with the paperwork and thus far no problems. She already has her notarized police , birth and marriage ability certificates in both languages.

I can not attend the interview , even though I would love to, as she must help with her sisters wedding after the interview and I can not take that long off work , but will be to get her within to weeks after here interview. I have however given her a notarized copy of my entire passport ( 36 pages)as I have been to CHina over 22 times over the past 5 years as a lighting designer and importer. She has been without employeement since July 2007 as I asked to quit to study english as she knew none, glad my Mandarin is adequate. she made so little money anyhow and her hours caused us hardship. I pay the bills for the home in Foshan and her living expense. I was divorced in March 2008 before the K1 application was submited. I should be covered , but it seems I read so many posts in regards to " bona fide reationship"? If we were in USA , we would already have a common law marraige due to the time we have already lived together.

does anyone see anything we are missing?

thanks so much , we want to see pink!!

Edited by joey (see edit history)

I've seen couples with far less evidence pass right through as well as I have seen couples with this much and more evidence only to get denied. There is no magic recipe for pink. Just do the best you can and hope for the best.

Good luck!!

Thank you ! I just want to try to cover any bases as many of you have gone this process already. I am still trying to figure out how you determine if a ouple loves each other? there is no scale or test for that.

Guest WenDylan

I agree, I think your jitters are just normal, but I think your situation is good. Better than most, and maybe even mine. I have more of a reason to have the jitters... seeing as how I only went once, because that is all I could afford. I hope soon the jitters will be over and you both will be here and happy soon enough!

By the way, if you give me your timeline info, or add it to your sig, I can update your info to our CFL timelines page. :unsure:

I agree, I think your jitters are just normal, but I think your situation is good. Better than most, and maybe even mine. I have more of a reason to have the jitters... seeing as how I only went once, because that is all I could afford. I hope soon the jitters will be over and you both will be here and happy soon enough!

By the way, if you give me your timeline info, or add it to your sig, I can update your info to our CFL timelines page. :unsure:

Find my timeline below as I copied it from visajourney.com as I used them before I discovered Candle for love.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Guangzhou, China

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-23

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-06-12

NVC Received : 2008-06-16

NVC Left : 2008-06-19

Consulate Received : 2008-08-15

Packet 3 Received : 2008-08-20

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-08-24

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2008-10-15 Submit Review

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 55 days from your filing date.

Your interview took 180 days from your I-129F filing date.

Guest WenDylan

ok, i added everything to the CFL timelines... i was on VJ as well, and found CFL awhile back, but never joined, and never really even went past the opening page. (just seemed so dark compared to VJ) but later i found how much better and the quality of people on here, so i never went back to VJ, i just update my timeline on there as well.

i update CFL timelines here...

http://www.timelines.tk/

ok, i added everything to the CFL timelines... i was on VJ as well, and found CFL awhile back, but never joined, and never really even went past the opening page. (just seemed so dark compared to VJ) but later i found how much better and the quality of people on here, so i never went back to VJ, i just update my timeline on there as well.

Thanks allot , seems unlike what I read , most are actually approved! not many white slips I see on the timeline page , most of them were probably either not prepared or actually did not have "Bona Fide Relationships"

I've seen couples with far less evidence pass right through as well as I have seen couples with this much and more evidence only to get denied. There is no magic recipe for pink. Just do the best you can and hope for the best.

Good luck!!

Thank you ! I just want to try to cover any bases as many of you have gone this process already. I am still trying to figure out how you determine if a ouple loves each other? there is no scale or test for that.

IMO it does not matter if the couple really loves each other. It's all a matter of the VO thinking that she is qualified to get a visa. "Bona fide relationship" does not mean love. It means that the couple meets the qualifications and there is no evidence of fraud.

Guest WenDylan

Thanks allot , seems unlike what I read , most are actually approved! not many white slips I see on the timeline page , most of them were probably either not prepared or actually did not have "Bona Fide Relationships"

Or didn't have enough supporting documents, or to satisfy whatever GUZ is looking for. I would like to add older timelines as well, now that this form can support all the info, regardless of how old they are. plus the colors I changed it to really help show the reality of things, exactly as you said.

Or didn't have enough supporting documents, or to satisfy whatever GUZ is looking for. I would like to add older timelines as well, now that this form can support all the info, regardless of how old they are. plus the colors I changed it to really help show the reality of things, exactly as you said.

A true relationship would have documentation regardless if you were applying for a visa or not , it is a nature course for any relationship, even within your own country. This may be the downfall for some applicants as there is always a natural course a true realtionship takes? I send my fiancee flowers too often as it makes her so happy , funny thing is that my chinese friends now send their girl friends flowers as well now as they have seen how happy it makes my future wife. They thought I was an idiot for doing so , but they learn quickly in China , especially when their girlfriends get angry seeing my future wife receive the flowers when their boyfriends are not thoughtful enough to do so , only send gifts to the girls parents and siblings, since that is the normal chinese way . The first picture I received from my Fiancee's friend with her holding the flowers was priceless!

Sounds like your in good shape.

Review your paperwork. Make sure everything is consistent. Prepare a brief "evolution of relationship" letter, notarize and send it. It is unlikely that you will need it, but have it available for her.

Expect wonderful things. You will be together soon.

• 3 weeks later...

After reading the current K1 approvals and the denials , seems the denials outweigh the approvals though , well at least blue slips seems to outweigh the pinks at the first interview .

I have gotten my kitchen sink prepared thanks to the readings of many of your posts, my fiancee knows it well as we have worked so hard on it.

I have given her my 2005 , 2006 and 2007 tax returns.

I have decided to remove my 2005 and 2006 tax returns and place those into supplemental file and only give the 2007 to the Vo. Too many times I read not to give too much information. I have also included in the financial package proof of domicile such as copy of my actual deed , tax bills sent to my address ect.

Does my fiancee actually need to know my exwife's physical address or just that she lives in the same city as I do , but on the opposite side of town? My fiancee is not good with english , just learning for the past 6 - 9 months. I wondered why she would know my exwife's actual street address anyhow . In any normal relationship , your new wife would not know this information? I saw no point in having her learn this in english.

She has her interview in 7 days.

My ex is a USA natural citizen and so am I , and we had a marraige of 18 years. This was my only marraige , so there should be no indication of fraud for either financial gain or otherwise. I see many people I read about their story and they seem to have many marraiges along the way.If alcohol had not entered my ex's life , I would probably still be happily married today.

Counting those days til the interview and those butterflies grow daily , guess that must be normal for everyone.

Thanks for everyone's comments and help along the way

Joey and Yan