Ling receives her P-3 packet

Hi everyone,

Well, I am really dumbfounded about this and do not know what to make of it....it may mean that the good folks at Guangzhou figured I was going to die before re-uniting with my wife.... :lol: :P

But, my wife Ling was notified that she had a package from the US Embassy in Guangzhou but it was delivered to Yulin. So we had to take a three hour bus ride from Nanning to Yulin to pick up the package, and from any of you who have traveled by bus...you know what I mean.

When we came back the next day, we took a local bus which took 4 hours and if you can beleive it this bus driver was even more crazy.

Anyway, The letter inside gave the Guangzhou number and all the particulars but was date September 5, 2008.

So that ment from time it left NVC to the time the packet 3 was sent out was only 15 days. I don't know what to make of it.

I was figuring about 4 month to five months.

Now, Ling and I are going to wait to send in packet 3, just before I leave China.

But this looks like the interview in late October or November sometime.

So, I guess I will be making a trip within one month or so.

I guess I am still in SHOCK!!!

Tom and Ling

Edited by Tom & Ling (see edit history)
Guest WenDylan

Hi everyone,

Well, I am really dumbfounded about this and do not know what to make of it....it may mean that the good folks at Guangzhou figured I was going to die before re-uniting with my wife.... :lol: :P

But, my wife Ling was notified that she had a package from the US Embassy in Guangzhou but it was delivered to Yulin. So we had to take a three hour bus ride from Nanning to Yulin to pick up the package, and from any of you who have traveled by bus...you know what I mean.

When we came back the next day, we took a local bus which took 4 hours and if you can beleive it this bus driver was even more crazy.

Anyway, The letter inside gave the Guangzhou number and all the particulars but was date September 5, 2008.

So that ment from time it left NVC to the time the packet 3 was sent out was only 15 days. I don't know what to make of it.

Now, Ling and I are going to wait to send in packet 3, just before I leave China.

Tom and Ling

Any good news, amidst a little trouble, is better than any bad news!! ;)

Hi everyone,

Tom and Ling

Tom,

You and Ling are very lucky. I am still waiting for mine from Jul 22, when it left NVC. But either way think for pink. HEHE

Joe

Hi everyone,

Tom and Ling

Hey Tom,

My sweet Haiqing and I travel all over Shenzhen by bus ... we always sit in the back if we can, 2RMB each will take you anywhere in town and you also get a free butt massage ;)

Your package came quickly, you must have hit the cylce just at the right time :plane:

Enjoy your weekend,

Bob

I've never seen that happen so fast. Do you have connections in the government?

Hello,

If you track the date it went out of NVC, it did not sit in custom that long. It just got passes on to GUZ. Therefore it could be that fast. It really depends on luck. If your file is in a package less then 3 lbs. You can get it deliver to GUZ within 2-3 weeks instead of 2 - 4 months.

Joe.

Guest WenDylan

I've never seen that happen so fast. Do you have connections in the government?

Hello,

If you track the date it went out of NVC, it did not sit in custom that long. It just got passes on to GUZ. Therefore it could be that fast. It really depends on luck. If your file is in a package less then 3 lbs. You can get it deliver to GUZ within 2-3 weeks instead of 2 - 4 months.

Joe.

Very insightful... I didn't even think of this... I hope our file is as fortunate as well...

Hi everyone,

Well, I am really dumbfounded about this and do not know what to make of it....it may mean that the good folks at Guangzhou figured I was going to die before re-uniting with my wife.... :) :blink:

Tom and Ling

Hey Tom! That's great! I hope the rest of the way is smooth!! We left NVC 10 days after you. I can only hope we're on the same slippery slope. :huh:

Did the box you thought you were in get delivered? Was it under 3 lbs.? Is it possible you could get in a small box with an expidited case and end up getting into the consulate sooner?

I better get to work in case we get the same luck! :Dah:

Other Joe

Hi everyone,

Well, I am really dumbfounded about this and do not know what to make of it....it may mean that the good folks at Guangzhou figured I was going to die before re-uniting with my wife.... :) :blink:

Tom and Ling

Hey Tom! That's great! I hope the rest of the way is smooth!! We left NVC 10 days after you. I can only hope we're on the same slippery slope. :huh:

Did the box you thought you were in get delivered? Was it under 3 lbs.? Is it possible you could get in a small box with an expidited case and end up getting into the consulate sooner?

Other Joe

Hello The Other Joe,

I look up Tom stuff based on his date and DHL deliver it 8/27/08. I just wish I was that lucky.

Joe

Hi everyone,

Tom and Ling

Other Joe

Hello The Other Joe,

I look up Tom stuff based on his date and DHL deliver it 8/27/08. I just wish I was that lucky.

Joe

Not the other Joe,

Man! That Tom is living a charmed life. (We gotta find out who he paid!)

The original other Joe

Guest WenDylan

Wish Tom would tell us. hehe. I would pay if it would get there faster because it is not doing me and my SO any good since issue started to show up.

The Other not original JOE

I agree... who takes the bribes?