laptop & camera in GUZ

Guest Rob & Jin

Yep, the interview day and the wait in the coffee shop is quite a experience, one I will never forget.

Luckily for me Toplaw sat with me and nursed me through it. We were with 3 other guys all waiting too, only 1 got blue (not enough photo evidence), I wonder if he has got the pink by now, hope so.

Gosh I remember how the tension grew as the time passed, but having another CFL buddy there was a great help for me.

The emotions when Jin came down with pink are hard to descibe, such a mix, such a relief.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WenDylan

Yep, the interview day and the wait in the coffee shop is quite a experience, one I will never forget.

Luckily for me Toplaw sat with me and nursed me through it. We were with 3 other guys all waiting too, only 1 got blue (not enough photo evidence), I wonder if he has got the pink by now, hope so.

Gosh I remember how the tension grew as the time passed, but having another CFL buddy there was a great help for me.

The emotions when Jin came down with pink are hard to descibe, such a mix, such a relief.

Who's fiance came out first?

Here's the pic we all want to take ...

http://jjulian.org/page3/page19/files/page19-1015-thumb.jpg

... best of luck and don't let the Chinese guards push you around ... they work for "us" and they will back down.

Absolutely a great picture Jim, I certainly hope to be taking one like that on the 23rd! :lol:

That is a great photo with some very happy ladies. :P

This is the 1st time I've seen the actual pink. I always pictured it in my mind as just a little card.

BTW, do they allow food or snacks to be brought onto the 5th floor, past the security check point? If people are waiting 4 or more hours to be interviewed, they might get a bit hungry.

That is a great photo with some very happy ladies. ;)

This is the 1st time I've seen the actual pink. I always pictured it in my mind as just a little card.

BTW, do they allow food or snacks to be brought onto the 5th floor, past the security check point? If people are waiting 4 or more hours to be interviewed, they might get a bit hungry.

I'm afraid no food is allowed on the 5th floor. However they do have a water cooler :) Emily and Jay were up there for 6 hours before being called to the window for the actual interview. Make sure your SO has a decent breakfast that morning!

Thanks for the heads up Steve and Clement, I've warned my sweet fiancee Haiqing about having a good breakfast that morning just in case it's a long day and she told me she'll probably be too excited to eat much that day :lol: I can understand what she means, I don't think I'll be eating much that morning either! :o

That's cool Rob that you had Lee to share the experience with. I don't know of anyone else here on CFL who has an interview on the 23rd so I think I'll be going it solo.:D

Mark will be on the same flight as I'm on going from Chicago to Hong Kong so I'll get to meet him and Steve has mentioned that he'll be at the ACH on the 22nd which I'm planning to be at so perhaps I'll meet him also. It will be nice to meet a few people from CFL. :D

Sorry not to reply to everyone sooner but I haven't been on CFL much this week except to check the "kitchen sink" in preparation for our interview or to read a quick post. I've been up to my eyeballs preparing for my trip to China on Tuesday :plane:, I'm sure you guys know what that's like :lol:

Have a terrific weekend everyone,

Bob

When do you leave Bob?

Hey Dylan,

I'll be on my way to my sweet fiancee Haiqing's arms on Tuesday the 16th. ACH on the 22nd and interview on the 23rd. I've noticed several pinks recently so I hope we have the same luck :lol:

Enjoy your weekend!

Bob

Guest WenDylan

When do you leave Bob?

Hey Dylan,

I'll be on my way to my sweet fiancee Haiqing's arms on Tuesday the 16th. ACH on the 22nd and interview on the 23rd. I've noticed several pinks recently so I hope we have the same luck :P

Enjoy your weekend!

Bob

You're lucky I caught your post, I was just hitting to door to hang outside the rest of the night.

I hope everything goes well, and keep informed on CFL. I hope you will catch Wendy when you are there. Maybe the Consulate is in a happy pink month! I hope it is true and wish you both the best of luck, I can't wait to hear the pink results as well! :lol:

When do you leave Bob?

Hey Dylan,

I'll be on my way to my sweet fiancee Haiqing's arms on Tuesday the 16th. ACH on the 22nd and interview on the 23rd. I've noticed several pinks recently so I hope we have the same luck :D

Enjoy your weekend!

Bob

You're lucky I caught your post, I was just hitting to door to hang outside the rest of the night.

I hope everything goes well, and keep informed on CFL. I hope you will catch Wendy when you are there. Maybe the Consulate is in a happy pink month! I hope it is true and wish you both the best of luck, I can't wait to hear the pink results as well! B)

Hey Dylan,

Thanks, I'll post our results to CFL as soon as we get back to Shenzhen the evening of the 23rd. We probably won't wait in GUZ for her visa as we're only an hour or so by train and since we're both taking a couple weeks off it won't be a problem for us to return to GUZ and pick it up.

Yes, I'll let Wendy know when we'll be in town so she can talk to Haiqing and if they can arrange a convenient time for us to meet we'll do that. Your Wendy seems like a very sweet girl and you are lucky to have her as I am lucky to have my sweet Haiqing :D

Have a terrific weekend,

Bob

Guest WenDylan

When do you leave Bob?

Hey Dylan,

I'll be on my way to my sweet fiancee Haiqing's arms on Tuesday the 16th. ACH on the 22nd and interview on the 23rd. I've noticed several pinks recently so I hope we have the same luck :D

Enjoy your weekend!

Bob

I hope everything goes well, and keep informed on CFL. I hope you will catch Wendy when you are there. Maybe the Consulate is in a happy pink month! I hope it is true and wish you both the best of luck, I can't wait to hear the pink results as well! B)

Hey Dylan,

Thanks, I'll post our results to CFL as soon as we get back to Shenzhen the evening of the 23rd. We probably won't wait in GUZ for her visa as we're only an hour or so by train and since we're both taking a couple weeks off it won't be a problem for us to return to GUZ and pick it up.

Yes, I'll let Wendy know when we'll be in town so she can talk to Haiqing and if they can arrange a convenient time for us to meet we'll do that. Your Wendy seems like a very sweet girl and you are lucky to have her as I am lucky to have my sweet Haiqing :D

Have a terrific weekend,

Bob

I hope you all can have some veggie hot pot... I wish I could have that now... but in Oklahoma... and at 4am? No luck... :) have a good weekend as well, I have 2 more days of work, and I am going home to retire now. Phew... another uneventful night. B)

When do you leave Bob?

Hey Dylan,

Enjoy your weekend!

Bob

I hope everything goes well, and keep informed on CFL. I hope you will catch Wendy when you are there. Maybe the Consulate is in a happy pink month! I hope it is true and wish you both the best of luck, I can't wait to hear the pink results as well! :blink:

Hey Dylan,

Yes, I'll let Wendy know when we'll be in town so she can talk to Haiqing and if they can arrange a convenient time for us to meet we'll do that. Your Wendy seems like a very sweet girl and you are lucky to have her as I am lucky to have my sweet Haiqing :P

Have a terrific weekend,

Bob

I hope you all can have some veggie hot pot... I wish I could have that now... but in Oklahoma... and at 4am? No luck... :ph34r: have a good weekend as well, I have 2 more days of work, and I am going home to retire now. Phew... another uneventful night. :(

:angry: Dylan keep arranging appointment for me. Hope to see you and Haiqing soon Bob. and I wish it is pink.

When do you leave Bob?

Hey Dylan,

Enjoy your weekend!

Bob

I'll try to find you guys at ACH. Listen for someone to yell out "Any Candle for Love members?" while your are standing in line at the consulate. That will be me. hahahahah

Good luck on your interview!

Guest WenDylan

When do you leave Bob?

Hey Dylan,

Enjoy your weekend!

Bob

I'll try to find you guys at ACH. Listen for someone to yell out "Any Candle for Love members?" while your are standing in line at the consulate. That will be me. hahahahah

You all should wear a members t-shirt or polo. Not to draw attention from the consulate or anything, but wouldn't it be funny. :P

:lol: Dylan keep arranging appointment for me. Hope to see you and Haiqing soon Bob. and I wish it is pink.

Hi Wendy,

When I get to China I'll send you a pm with my Chinese mobile phone number :mobile: so you can talk with Haiqing and see if we can all get together ... maybe we can check out that Shrimp place that you mentioned on another thread :o yummy!

Talk soon,

Bob

Thanks Steve,

You yell and I'll raise my hand ;)

Hope to see you there,

Bob

You all should wear a members t-shirt or polo. Not to draw attention from the consulate or anything, but wouldn't it be funny. :P

Hey Dylan,

You have to design one for us :P ... come up with some sort of catchy phrase like "CFLer's do it for PINK!" :rotfl:

Have a good week,

Bob

:lol: Dylan keep arranging appointment for me. Hope to see you and Haiqing soon Bob. and I wish it is pink.

Hi Wendy,

When I get to China I'll send you a pm with my Chinese mobile phone number :mobile: so you can talk with Haiqing and see if we can all get together ... maybe we can check out that Shrimp place that you mentioned on another thread :o yummy!

Talk soon,

Bob

Thanks Steve,

Hope to see you there,

Bob

Hey Dylan,

You have to design one for us :P ... come up with some sort of catchy phrase like "CFLer's do it for PINK!" :rotfl:

Have a good week,

Bob

The T-shirt should be Pink color. SO wear it to interview as well :P

:P Dylan keep arranging appointment for me. Hope to see you and Haiqing soon Bob. and I wish it is pink.

Hi Wendy,

When I get to China I'll send you a pm with my Chinese mobile phone number :rotfl: so you can talk with Haiqing and see if we can all get together ... maybe we can check out that Shrimp place that you mentioned on another thread :o yummy!

Talk soon,

Bob

Thanks Steve,

You yell and I'll raise my hand :mobile:

Hope to see you there,

Bob

Hey Dylan,

You have to design one for us :P ... come up with some sort of catchy phrase like "CFLer's do it for PINK!" :lol:

Have a good week,

Bob

So Steve interview soon as well? Should we have a CFL small gathering? Dylan is talking about visit me in Octorber... :P but we are considering saving for next visit instead. can't spoil ourself too much. I miss Dylan ;)

Guest WenDylan

Hi Wendy,

Talk soon,

Bob

Thanks Steve,

Hope to see you there,

Bob

Hey Dylan,

Have a good week,

Bob

The T-shirt should be Pink color. SO wear it to interview as well :P

I can design a shirt, you will definitely get many looks... hahaha, but I don't think I can have it made and sent to you before your trip... :P