mao mao so

Guest Rob & Jin

Hey thanks for all the well wishes and congratulations guys. I was just as nervous as everybody else is through this process, but it was all the info and help here in Candle that really helped me prepare, and helped me help Jie prepare. So I just did like we all do, and I think I'm quoting Tsap "prepare the best you can, then role the dice". So, now we're just waiting for the Visa's and that first plane ride home!

Oh, and did I mention it's hot here?

Jeff

Hey thanks for all the well wishes and congratulations guys. I was just as nervous as everybody else is through this process, but it was all the info and help here in Candle that really helped me prepare, and helped me help Jie prepare. So I just did like we all do, and I think I'm quoting Tsap "prepare the best you can, then role the dice". So, now we're just waiting for the Visa's and that first plane ride home!

Oh, and did I mention it's hot here?

Jeff

Jeff, it's always great to see people get their dreams come true in hot sticky sweaty steamy nasty Guangzhou. Was it hot when you were there? :P

Good luck to your future.

tsap seui

Guest WenDylan

How was staying at the Yang's?

i am curious about this as well!

mao mao is still on vacation with his family... maybe awhile before he can get to a computer I would imagine. B)

How was staying at the Yang's?

i am curious about this as well!

mao mao is still on vacation with his family... maybe awhile before he can get to a computer I would imagine. B)

Yeah, Dylan's right. Jie's family here is turning this into quite a celebration. More and more come down to Guangzhou to celebrate with us and see her off. And we went to ZhuHai for a few days, since the Visas were going to take a little longer because of Labor Day.

As for staying at the Yang's. Honestly, you (or your lady) are staying here for the help and the convenience of being right next to the consulate, and the experience they have with helping all the previous people through here. The Yang's a super nice people, they have a new baby now, they accompanied us to the hospital for the medical stuff, no charge, and answered many of Jie's questions, putting her mind at ease. Both Jie and I were well prepared I think, but those last minute jitters got to her a little.

As to the room, well, it wasn't the Hyatt. In fact it was pretty bad to be honest, so we moved to a different room. It wasn't the Hyatt either. We stayed here for the only reason we were even in Guangzhou. Now, on with the rest of our lives!

As an aside, I have the habit now of checking the ceiling above the bed for any holes left by a hammer drill. :blink: So far, I haven't seen any. :ph34r: But I keep looking! <_<

Jeff