Hi My Friends,

My petition was sent out from NVC on July 17th, and right now it's August 30th, and the Guangzhou consulate still has not received it yet (I called DOS and they told me consulate hasn't received it yet.) I am wondering what happened, why and is it normal? Could anyone has simliar timeline or anyone experienced this help me with this, please?

Thank you so much!!!

ALL THE BEST TO ALL OF US

LING

Hi My Friends,

My petition was sent out from NVC on July 17th, and right now it's August 30th, and the Guangzhou consulate still has not received it yet (I called DOS and they told me consulate hasn't received it yet.) I am wondering what happened, why and is it normal? Could anyone has simliar timeline or anyone experienced this help me with this, please?

Thank you so much!!!

LING

[/quote

From NVC to GZ there is a 90 day wait.

Your packet will sit in a warehouse until GZ decides to pick it up.

Mine took 91 days to get logged into GZ computers.

Start calling DOS on the 90 day mark.

Then call everyday.

But i have found that calling on Mondays and Fridays will get better info.

The consulate says it takes a lot of time because it has to clear customs. I have never really understood that because it seems to me it ought to fall under diplomatic corespondence and not be subject to customs. I also find it interesting that any package I have ever sent to China has never taken more than two weeks to get there.

My petition went out, according to the NVC, the same day as yours. I am not expecting to hear anything until at least the middle of October or November.

DHL is always 2-4 days delivery from the USA to China. The files are there but just waiting until GZ is ready for them.

The consulate says it takes a lot of time because it has to clear customs. I have never really understood that because it seems to me it ought to fall under diplomatic corespondence and not be subject to customs. I also find it interesting that any package I have ever sent to China has never taken more than two weeks to get there.

Carl: I agree, I have sent many letters and packages to my sister in law

and Mama,Baba using USPS Express with no problems, 5 days max!! from here to there.

So like you said:

The consulate says it takes a lot of time because it has to clear customs. I have never really understood that because it seems to me it ought to fall under diplomatic corespondence and not be subject to customs.

We will never know? :toot:

My petition went out, according to the NVC, the same day as yours. I am not expecting to hear anything until at least the middle of October or November.

DHL is always 2-4 days delivery from the USA to China. The files are there but just waiting until GZ is ready for them.

Charles! My friend! Buddy ol pal.

Whats up?

I'm sure you have no forgotten about the 90 day thing have ya?

You been down this road before!

Take care buddy

Mike

Hi Warpedbored and others,

NVC said my petition left August 18 or there abouts, so I called DHL and asked the woman what packages went out on that date...She gave me 16 Tracking numbers......... :o :blink: :toot:

So, I took them all down and they were listed as Correspondence, I-730 Which I have found out are refugee petitions, and the expected

EXP. XXX. and date which I assume are the actual petitions for that date.

So what has happened to them..all Correspondence has been delivered and there were three parcels, and all the I-730's were delivered and there were six of those.

The only ones still sitting in clearance delay are the EXP. ones. So, I would assume that they get a certain amount of petitions when ever they feel like it...and It sure looks like the 90 day wait is what we are looking at....... :blink: :toot: :ph34r:

Tom and Ling

Hi Warpedbored and others,

NVC said my petition left August 18 or there abouts, so I called DHL and asked the woman what packages went out on that date...She gave me 16 Tracking numbers......... :o :blink: :toot:

So, I took them all down and they were listed as Correspondence, I-730 Which I have found out are refugee petitions, and the expected

EXP. XXX. and date which I assume are the actual petitions for that date.

So what has happened to them..all Correspondence has been delivered and there were three parcels, and all the I-730's were delivered and there were six of those.

The only ones still sitting in clearance delay are the EXP. ones. So, I would assume that they get a certain amount of petitions when ever they feel like it...and It sure looks like the 90 day wait is what we are looking at....... :blink: :toot: :ph34r:

Tom and Ling

Yes, 90 Days. Just because NVC says they mailed your packet on a what ever day, it just means it was sent to the mail room to be mailed out.

Mine took one week from the time they said it was mailed to the real time it was mailed out.

Once your packet leaves NVC to GZ it is pointless and if not impossible

to track It's progress.

Just sit back and wait for the 90 days to pass.

Then start calling DOS everyday!!

Hi My Friends,

Thank you so much!!!

LING

Hello Ling and welcomed to the long delay.

Our petition was approved on

May 09 Sent from the NVC to Guangzhou on May 12.

The package was stuck in customs from May 19 to August 1.

It sat in the Guangzhou warehouse from August 1 to August 26.

It is just one long waiting game.

Doug

This is normal, The actual case goes from NVC to a warehouse in Guangzhou within a few days, however, the consulate tends to be backlogged 2-3 months, so the petition sits in the ware house that long until the consulate is ready to "receive" it.

You might wanna changeup your timeline on your link a bit - the P3 stuff you've already finished (Since yer an I-130).

I can only assume the P3 has been finished, cause NVC sent the casefile over to GUZ.

Good Luck !! You're the first 'military expedite' case I've seen this up close and personal !!

Don't worry about the 90 days - just hang in there.

The good news is that the next thing you receive from the Consulate will be the P4 packet (and maybe even the interview date!)

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)