American Citizen Hours

Hi I am Shuyan.

I had the K-1 interview on 17 Jul., 2008 and I got the blue slip unfortunately. My fiance and I are planning a trip to Guz for the ACH. But we have heard that the VOs at the ACH actually don't look at any of your documents or give you any exact answers you want.

Does anyone know whether they gonna at least mark on your case that the petitioner of this case # has came to Guz for the ACH. So that when we submit the required documents, it can be a help/support?

Thank you very much.

Shuyan

Yes they do make a not in the file that the petitioner did in fact attend ACH, and that they were in China.

Hi I am Shuyan.

I had the K-1 interview on 17 Jul., 2008 and I got the blue slip unfortunately. My fiance and I are planning a trip to Guz for the ACH. But we have heard that the VOs at the ACH actually don't look at any of your documents or give you any exact answers you want.

Does anyone know whether they gonna at least mark on your case that the petitioner of this case # has came to Guz for the ACH. So that when we submit the required documents, it can be a help/support?

Thank you very much.

Shuyan

Shuyan, the ACH VO's won't take any additional evidence from you, and the VO I saw would not look at evidence the interviewing VO had ripped off my I-134, as well as other evidence, and had thrown on the floor at my lady's interview.

My ACH VO was a polite guy and we talked for 15 minutes. He apologized 4 or 5 times for our blue slip, he took the time and thoroughly looked at our interview in his computer. I felt like, from his demeanor, that if we would have had him at the interview that we would have gotten a visa. :yahoo:

The VO's can NOT admit new evidence into you case from an ACH meeting but they can, and will, add comments from their talk with the petitioner.

In our case, the DOS later told me, the ACH VO wrote in the computer that I "was a very nice guy, and very much concerned about our case."

Does a meeting with a VO at ACH help? My thought is simply this....you do EVERYTHING you can to win, or to be successful. If you ultimately fail (as we did) then you can go to sleep at night knowing that you did everything in your power to attain your goal.

GO TO ACH...cover every base...exhaust every effort you can to succeed!!

Good luck to you. :yahoo: I wish you both the best.

tsap seui

Guest WenDylan

Hi I am Shuyan.

Thank you very much.

Shuyan

Shuyan, the ACH VO's won't take any additional evidence from you, and the VO I saw would not look at evidence the interviewing VO had ripped off my I-134, as well as other evidence, and had thrown on the floor at my lady's interview.

My ACH VO was a polite guy and we talked for 15 minutes. He apologized 4 or 5 times for our blue slip, he took the time and thoroughly looked at our interview in his computer. I felt like, from his demeanor, that if we would have had him at the interview that we would have gotten a visa. :rolleyes:

The VO's can NOT admit new evidence into you case from an ACH meeting but they can, and will, add comments from their talk with the petitioner.

In our case, the DOS later told me, the ACH VO wrote in the computer that I "was a very nice guy, and very much concerned about our case."

Does a meeting with a VO at ACH help? My thought is simply this....you do EVERYTHING you can to win, or to be successful. If you ultimately fail (as we did) then you can go to sleep at night knowing that you did everything in your power to attain your goal.

GO TO ACH...cover every base...exhaust every effort you can to succeed!!

Good luck to you. :) I wish you both the best.

tsap seui

I can only add... go there with a purpose. Have some good, if not unique questions about your case so that they don't feel you are wasting their time. This is what I have been told... so I am already writing down and preparing questions... several months out. :(

Go to ACH if you can. That being said, have a reason. If you look at your case/petition I'm sure you'll find something you don't understand. Maybe you want to add latest tax year to the file. Supporting documents to add. The best is when "they" can't answer your question and you tell them you don't want any confusion come interview time about an "issue".

After our results @ the Interview Shuyan had on the 17th of July I plan on going to Shanghai then going to Guangzhou for the ACH on Monday August 25 not to ask to many questions. I see what they are asking for I have everything I just want them to make notations that I was there in PERSON and inquired about the blue slip. I will ask how much longer after submitting these documents will we get an answer? I know they wont tell me anything..So when I return to the US I will leave everything w/ Shuyan then she will mail to GZ once I complete a statement of my trip/trips to China of what, where, who and why I was with and for how long I was in China.... and we will wait? How long will they make us wait? Nobody knows it could be months or weeks? Shuyan will not need to attend another interview is that a good sign?

I could not live the rest of my life knowing what if I did not go back to China or attend the ACH. This is really hart breaking...I cant live not knowing I did everything I could to make this happen. My love is real our relationship is real. And I am going back to China to let everyone know how much I love Shuyan and all the ACH VO's people are going to know as well!

Thanks for all of your posts and answers its a huge help..

"Love is Real & Not Fade Away"...Rolling Stones

Jay

Edited by jaybird (see edit history)

I have been to ACH twice myself for my hubby's cases. For the times I were there, I saw many American men went in wanting to complete a mission, yet were got turn away after a few minutes into their conversation with the VO.

No matter what the VO say to you, do not let them turn you away in a few minutes. Stay at the window as long as you can. Even they try to call the next number, just finish what you prepared to ask ahead of time. Just in case you can the Chinese lady at window #33, pretend to go to bathroom until she call the next one. You can then go to window #23 to advise them that you might have missed your #. That #33 lady would not tell you anything. She replies everything with "everything is possible."

Good luck! I plan on attending another ACH in October, right before my hubby's interview. Good luck!

Guest Rob & Jin

I plan on attending another ACH in October, right before my hubby's interview.

Why bother going to ACH before the interview? Are there issues with your case? Do you think it will improve your chances for Pink?

Umm...... thats a big unknown, but it does no harm (Well unless you start shouting at them I guess)

I was glad I went , you get to meet a VO's, chat, scope out the place, show you are personaly "invested" and there.

Same with ACS but you can also get stuff done, i.e notarization of your passport and letter of evolution.

Good luck :huh:

I plan on attending another ACH in October, right before my hubby's interview.

Why bother going to ACH before the interview? Are there issues with your case? Do you think it will improve your chances for Pink?

Umm...... thats a big unknown, but it does no harm (Well unless you start shouting at them I guess)

I was glad I went , you get to meet a VO's, chat, scope out the place, show you are personaly "invested" and there.

Same with ACS but you can also get stuff done, i.e notarization of your passport and letter of evolution.

Good luck :coolthumb:

Can my Chinese fiancee attend with me?