Chinese visa expiring soon

Hi,

My 1 year multiple entries Chinese visa will expire on October 1, 2008. My hubby's intereview might be in mid-October or later. I would like to be prepared to take off when we find out his interview date. Does anyone know if in case I want to travel to China after October 1st, can I apply for a new Chinese visa before my old expire? Let say, if I want to apply for a new one in September, will the Chinese Consulate see that my old one has not expired yet and rejects my application? Does anyone know?

Thanks!

I always apply for a new one before my old one expires.

Keep in mind there are new rules in place for getting a china visa.

1) hotel resevation required.

2) round trip ticket required

3 from my company) latest notice at my work is that a invitation from someone in China is required to get the visa. I have not seen this on any of the china consulate web sites, and maybe it is corporate only, but I wanted to point it out in case.

Hi,

My 1 year multiple entries Chinese visa will expire on October 1, 2008. My hubby's intereview might be in mid-October or later. I would like to be prepared to take off when we find out his interview date. Does anyone know if in case I want to travel to China after October 1st, can I apply for a new Chinese visa before my old expire? Let say, if I want to apply for a new one in September, will the Chinese Consulate see that my old one has not expired yet and rejects my application? Does anyone know?

Thanks!

I may be in the same boat regarding my visa. I believe that you can email the Chinese Consulate and get an answer. I believe that they are more timely than USCIS. :P I haven't gotten to that yet. But will in the near future.

Thank you for the above replies. I think instead of tourism visa, I am going to indicate on my visa applicaiton this time that I will be visiting family in China. I think as tourist visa, the duration in China is only a month, but long for family visiting visa.

I always apply for a new one before my old one expires.

Keep in mind there are new rules in place for getting a china visa.

1) hotel resevation required.

2) round trip ticket required

3 from my company) latest notice at my work is that a invitation from someone in China is required to get the visa. I have not seen this on any of the china consulate web sites, and maybe it is corporate only, but I wanted to point it out in case.

My understanding of this is it is for new visa's and not renewals, but then I haven't tried to renew mine either that will need to be done before November is up.

Seeing as you're married, you should be able to apply for one of those Spousal/Family Visa's as MissingYou suggested. I believe you get them for 6 months to 1 year at a time. I'm not sure how you'd go about getting it from outside the country, but from within, you just need to bring your passport, your marriage certificates (jie hun zheng, if'n you got married in China) and a bit of love. I almost had to get that to avoid being tossed out of the country after some Visa trouble -- apparently it's really easy to get, though, compared to the Tourist Visa's, where they've been denying people left and right or cutting their 30 day visits down to 5 or 10 days.

Wow!!!...I didn't know you had to have a hotel reservation and roundtrip ticket to get a Chinese visa now!! That really sucks. Kind of puts a crimp in my future plans when it comes interview time. :lol: