Brief Reflections

Just wanted to mention that today, August 20, marks the one year anniversary of our successful interview at GZ. When I woke up this morning, I thought of all the events that have transpired since that day and it was mind boggling. I guess it all started the day of the interview itself. A tropical storm was lashing GZ that morning and we had to stand outside in the driving rain waiting to go in. Once Li was allowed in, she broke her shoe and I had to bring another pair from the hotel, again in the driving rain. Later, when she came out, we had mixed feelings. We were elated that she passed the interview but saddened by the white slip. Little did we know that day that we had fallen into what was to become known as the "Black Hole". It took us nearly seven more months of waiting, uncertainty, and frustration to finally get the visa on March 10.

Those months were not easy. Yet it was during that time that I discovered Candle and found so much support and information. It was truly a God-send for us. We made many friends and gained so much. I guess the high point came on February 10 when Owen and I managed to have the two hour meeting with RA at GZ. But this meeting did not come easy either. As some of you old-timers may recall, we were involved in a serious bus accident traveling from Shantou for GZ. Li was uninjured but I bruised my ribs and shoulder badly. Still managed to make it to GZ for the meeting though. It was also on that trip that we met many great people. Owen and Rose, JoninDenver's lovely fiance, Jennifer, Bbzou and his wife...the list goes on and on. It was during that trip that I really woke up to the fact that a unified force can indeed accomplish much. We picked up the visa on March 10 and finally returned to America on March 28. Since that time there have been other struggles with SSN, AOS, etc. But things have been great overall. Now we go to Atlanta next week for EAD interview. Li is adjusting well and life is good.

Just wanted to pass along a special thanks to PJ, Owen, Don, Eric, Tony, R2, Bob, ChinaDave, Sarah, Robert S. , Littlebear, and so many others who have been there for us over this long and difficult course. For those still in process, have patience, a positive attitude, and remain proactive. Remain unified in purpose and keep the goal in mind. You will succeed without doubt.

Blessings to all... :unsure:

Mick -

Reading these stories, I really feel like I have dodged a bullet. I don't know how you did it, and I hold you and your peers in high regard. I think about how long I have been waiting.. I consider the times I have to tried to explain to my fiancee why we have to wait and why this process takes so long; when in truth I don't really know. I understand about security. I understand that we have to control the flow of people coming into and going out of our country. These things make sense. Love, however, does not make sense. This is something that grabs our senses by the horns and casts all reason asunder. Every day my heart fights with my mind and the only thing that has kept me sane is dedication and her love. Mick, you and all of the other black-holers are suffering because you are victims in a crime of the heart and of promises broken. No, I do not wait because I am patient. I do not wait because there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I wait because I know that there is one person, one heart, and one soul in this world that loves me and trusts me to do what is right. There are few people who can understand this trust and know the enormous responsibility that weighs upon their shoulders. For those who do, there are groups like this. There are places where kindred spirits can converse and exchange advice and stories. Places where experieces are shared, frustrations are vented and congratulations are bestowed.

To you all, I would like to say, Thank you.

Hi Mick, Thanks for sharing your thoughts and reflections. You have certainly had to climb higher mountains than most. Sarah and I appreciate all of your encouraging, thoughtful and kind words. Hopefully your future interactions with BCIS will be much better.

Our best to you and Li,

Dave and Sarah

Thanks Dave and Sarah. Our best to the two of you as well. Give my regards to Gizmo. :lol:

Mick, your steadfastness has been a great support for me. Back during the darkest of the black hole days it helped me to know that you were struggling mightily to get some grasp of the situation. There were so many of us - 88 signed our last group letter - and they could no longer ignore us because of our group efforts but also the awesome individual efforts of certain members, most of whom have gone on to enjoy life and forget the stress of immigration matters. I still do not understand why all the delay started or why it continues. Chinese people are some of the best immigrants America could hope to get. America needs to wake up and appreciate better the energetic contributions they make.

Mick, your steadfastness has been a great support for me.  Back during the darkest of the black hole days it helped me to know that you were struggling mightily to get some grasp of the situation.  There were so many of us - 88 signed our last group letter - and they could no longer ignore us because of our group efforts but also the awesome individual efforts of certain members, most of whom have gone on to enjoy life and forget the stress of immigration matters.  I still do not understand why all the delay started or why it continues.  Chinese people are some of the best immigrants America could hope to get.  America needs to wake up and appreciate better the energetic contributions they make.

Thanks Robert. Your kind words mean a lot to me, coming from one of the old Black Holers like yourself. Li and I send our regards to both you and Ping Ping. :)

Thanks Dave and Sarah. Our best to the two of you as well. Give my regards to Gizmo. :D

Hi, Mick, gizmo this morning greets to you :"Miao-miao, miao-miao, nihao, nihao! "

:D

Sarah

Miao miao to Gizmo the Mao!

Ni Hao :D :D :)

Thanks Dave and Sarah. Our best to the two of you as well. Give my regards to Gizmo. :D

Hi, Mick, gizmo this morning greets to you :"Miao-miao, miao-miao, nihao, nihao! "

Sarah

Oops, Mick, Giamo wants to know the "Mao" is first or second tone? The two meanings are very different. The first tone means "cat", the second tone means "hair". Oh, boy. :D :D :lol:

Sarah

Oops, Mick, Giamo wants to know the "Mao" is first or second tone? The two meanings are very different. The first tone means "cat", the second tone means "hair". Oh, boy. :D :D :lol:

I'll leave it to Gizmo to figure out my tone! :D :D :D :P