Questions about form G-325A

We want to go through CR1+CR2, I have questions about G-325A:

1. How to fill out " This form is submitted with an application for Naturalization, Other(Specify) or Status as Permanent Resident"?

Since my husband, my son and I have to fill out each person's G-325A about this question, how can we fill out on this question as we want to apply for CR1+CR2?

2.My husband cannot remember his ex birth date and date of marriage( he was not a good husband ...lol :blink: ). How can he fill out information about his fomer wife on G-325A?

Thanks for answering my questions!

Amanda from China

Guest WenDylan

My husband cannot remember his ex birth date and date of marriage( he was not a good husband ...lol :blink: ). How can he fill out information about his fomer wife on G-325A?

I don't know about the first question. But on the second question...

Your husband should have a divorce decree that states this information or he should need to get one. He will need this anyways to prove that he had a divorce. So either way, you will need it. The G-325A is just for that purpose, so all of this can be figured out before you case is approved, or not.

Rather than risk all the money and, inevitably the time spent in this endeavor of yours. Why not do it right? Sure you have to go out of your way, but in the end, do you want a white, blue, or pink slip? That is really the question.

But in all honesty, he will have to provide this information for someone during the process, so might as well get it done and out of the way, ASAP. I am a patient person, but the shorter the wait, the better. Even if it requires harder and extra work on my behalf, or should I say, your husband's. Any truly dedicated husband should have no problem providing what is needed to bring you to the states. Otherwise why would a husband seek to marry such a wonderful and challenging wife as a China girl? :D :)

If this information is not given, is not given correctly, or not given with proper documentation, you will likely get an RFE.

Edited by WenDylan (see edit history)

1. How to fill out " This form is submitted with an application for Naturalization, Other(Specify) or Status as Permanent Resident"?

Since my husband, my son and I have to fill out each person's G-325A about this question, how can we fill out on this question as we want to apply for CR1+CR2?

2.My husband cannot remember his ex birth date and date of marriage( he was not a good husband ...lol :blink: ). How can he fill out information about his fomer wife on G-325A?

Amanda from China

your first question check other and write cr-1 for your husband and cr-2 for the child.

My husband cannot remember his ex birth date and date of marriage( he was not a good husband ...lol <_< ). How can he fill out information about his fomer wife on G-325A?

I don't know about the first question. But on the second question...

Your husband should have a divorce decree that states this information or he should need to get one. He will need this anyways to prove that he had a divorce. So either way, you will need it. The G-325A is just for that purpose, so all of this can be figured out before you case is approved, or not.

Rather than risk all the money and, inevitably the time spent in this endeavor of yours. Why not do it right? Sure you have to go out of your way, but in the end, do you want a white, blue, or pink slip? That is really the question.

But in all honesty, he will have to provide this information for someone during the process, so might as well get it done and out of the way, ASAP. I am a patient person, but the shorter the wait, the better. Even if it requires harder and extra work on my behalf, or should I say, your husband's. Any truly dedicated husband should have no problem providing what is needed to bring you to the states. Otherwise why would a husband seek to marry such a wonderful and challenging wife as a China girl? :) :)

If this information is not given, is not given correctly, or not given with proper documentation, you will likely get an RFE.

Thanks for your reminder. I just played a joke on my husband that he was not a good husband... in fact, his ex did very wrong doing on my husband which means his ex was a bad wife indeed! My husband getting hurt from his ex was as the same as my ex did to me and even more than what I got hurt from my ex.My husband is an honest and great man even though he got divorced.My husband had given me his copy divorce decree before he went back to USA. Even I cannot find his ex birth date or their date of marriage from the decree because there was not any information about his ex birth date and date of marriage on the decree. I can find their reason of divorce and the date of divorce from the decree.

If my husband does not fill out his ex birth date and the date of their marriage, he writes a explanation letter instead, is it ok?

Edited by amanda1969 (see edit history)

Amanda,

You might have him look at the divorce decree paperwork again, as long as he gets the entire packet from the court. BTW, I'm not referring to the final decree as you mentioned in your previous post. The information won't be there. You/He will have to ask the clerk to get the entirety of the workup legal folder. Both attorneys and the respective court need this information and will be within the respective folder. BTW, this also includes childrens names, etc, etc. All principal litigants in most cases in locales where I been will have a small portion for background information in the file. If you simply ask for the divorce decree...that is exactly what the clerk will give you.

In regard to the section question, for information that I didn't/couldn't obtain I did exactly this. I made a notation of the G-325, To See Attached Sheet. Then I simply went to Micrsoft Word, inserted a chart with the respective number of block to identify information categories. I then filled in the blocks with information and/or gave them a very short explanation why I didn't have the information; Unknown Location, etc, etc. I did a K3 Visa and USCIS GUZ and later when applying for AOS at USCIS Oklahoma City, OK and had no issues from either one of them.

I would point out that if you do this, I suggest that you put a signature block on the bottom, that is identical to the original form G-325, to show that it an official part of the original form.

Dave

Edited by Cerberus (see edit history)

Hmmmm, I couldn't remember my first wife's (married in 1971, divorced in 1981) exact birthday so I took my guess at it. I'd have done the same thing with the wedding date if I couldn't remember it. Heck, I'd have known the year I was married, the month, and maybe not the exact day. :sweating_buckets:

I went and looked at both of my divorce papers and neither one of them had my two ex-wives birthdays on them...or the marriage dates.

Then again...and on the other hand...we got blue slipped AND DENIED!!!

Maybe GUZ spent that 300 days of us waiting on the AP blue slip, to check out my first wife's EXACT birthday, and maybe they found I was one or two days off, and they decided to DENY US for such a horrible transgression against the american government!!!! :pash:

Good luck Amanda and Richard. My best wishes towards your success goes out to you.

tsap seui

Hi Amanda,

For question one.....Your Husband fills out his G-325A and remember all five copies for each of you...that would mean 5 copies for Richard, five copies for you and five copies for your son. Each copy has a different destination.

Since they ask for "write your name in your native alphabet below", you are probably going to fill out your copies and your son's copies and than FedEX or USPS from China to US , and than Richard will submit them.

I had Ling sign her name in Native alphabet before I left China the first time, knowing that this was one of the forms that she and I would have to fill out.

Remember also, all forms you fill out will have to be in English, but this should not be a problem for you. You can sign for your son or if he is old enough ...He can sign.

As far as question #2 goes...He will have to give his ex-wife's birth date and date of marriage...LOL :pash:

Tom and Ling

2.My husband cannot remember his ex birth date and date of marriage( he was not a good husband ...lol :sweating_buckets: ). How can he fill out information about his fomer wife on G-325A?

Amanda from China

Hi Amanda,

For question one.....Your Husband fills out his G-325A and remember all five copies for each of you...that would mean 5 copies for Richard, five copies for you and five copies for your son. Each copy has a different destination.

Since they ask for "write your name in your native alphabet below", you are probably going to fill out your copies and your son's copies and than FedEX or USPS from China to US , and than Richard will submit them.

I had Ling sign her name in Native alphabet before I left China the first time, knowing that this was one of the forms that she and I would have to fill out.

Remember also, all forms you fill out will have to be in English, but this should not be a problem for you. You can sign for your son or if he is old enough ...He can sign.

As far as question #2 goes...He will have to give his ex-wife's birth date and date of marriage...LOL :sweating_buckets:

Tom and Ling

Hello Tom

Thanks for your reply, the G-325A form itself has four copies, are you saying five because you're saving one for yourself?

Yes, I can and will get the information about my ex-wife. The divorce decree only shows when we divorced, and as to when we got married or her birth date, I have not been so inclined over the years to remember such a thing :pash:

Richard

Edited by usaRichard (see edit history)

The ex-wife info sometimes can be found on the divorce decree. Identification items such as date of birth, date of divorce, her ssn.

There might be other identifying info on the marriage record stored at the county where they were originally married. Most of these county records are available to be purchased over the phone or via postal purchase. Some counties allow for online purchase and immediate download.

Does Richard have any children? Sometimes the mother's ID Info is on the birth certificate.

Luckily, all county courthouse entities have a phone number - so if googling for the county courthouse contact info isn't useful, go to www.anywho.com and do a businesss lookup .

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

Hi Richard,

Four copies. I just looked at the G-325 again and it is only four.

But you should be making photo copies of everything and two photo copies would not be a bad idea.......... :thank_you_so_much:

"""4 copies for Richard,4 copies for you and4 copies for your son. Each copy has a different destination.

Tom

Hi Amanda,

As far as question #2 goes...He will have to give his ex-wife's birth date and date of marriage...LOL :lol:

Tom and Ling

Hello Tom

Thanks for your reply, the G-325A form itself has four copies, are you saying five because you're saving one for yourself?

Yes, I can and will get the information about my ex-wife. The divorce decree only shows when we divorced, and as to when we got married or her birth date, I have not been so inclined over the years to remember such a thing :yay:

Richard