Quick question about NVC

Here's my timeline to-date (I'm going the K1 route):

02.12.2003 - Sent in I-129F

02.19.2003 - NOA1

07.07.2003 - NOA2

07.11.2003 - Arrived at NVC

08.07.2003 - NVC Approval & Sent to GZ

What I've found odd is that I've e-mailed GZ twice so far; the first message was requesting that a provisional file be open (which they said they would, but they didn't) and the second was a follow-up to the first (to which they replied they hadn't gotten far enough through the faxes to see if they received mine). The first e-mail message was replied to within a day by someone who wrote in perfect english, and the second took around 4 days by someone who wrote in broken english.

I know they're a little overworked these days.. its just difficult to be patient.. :)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know they're a little overworked these days.. its just difficult to be patient.. :)

Buddy....congrats! Like Rob said, you're cruisin'. It's a long haul for all of us, but the time delays get relative depending on the circumstances. You are in the exact place I am, and I started in Nov '02. Be patient and you'll be finished before you know it.

Thanks all for the words of comfort.. so far the process has been really confusing.. I'm doing it on my own and have been reading as much as I could.. generally, I take all of the mixed signals, look for an average or happy medium and do that.. so far its worked out pretty well..

Is it a safe bet that the visa will be issued within a matter of two or three days of the interview? I've seen timelines that show months between interviews and issuances, or is that just the "old process"?

Thanks all for the words of comfort..  so far the process has been really confusing.. I'm doing it on my own and have been reading as much as I could.. generally, I take all of the mixed signals, look for an average or happy medium and do that..  so far its worked out pretty well..

Is it a safe bet that the visa will be issued within a matter of two or three days of the interview?  I've seen timelines that show months between interviews and issuances, or is that just the "old process"?

There's 2 old processes. Until March of this year, P2s were sent to GZ who then sent security clearance requests to DOS/FBI after receiving the P3 documents from the applicant. Since March, P2s are sent to NVC who submits the clearances before the file goes to GZ.

Between August last year and December (maybe a few in January this year), GZ would still do interviews before the clearances were received. This group is the original black hole. There are a few who successfully passed their interview in August and September last year who are still waiting for their visa.

The second old process group are those folks whose file went to GZ and were sent P3 prior to submitting the clearance requests. My P3 was returned on 12/18/02 and there are others who did so as far back as September. They did not get an interview scheduled and are waiting on the clearances to come through. Since January, GZ will not do interviews until the clearances are completed. I know, I tried.

Between August last year and December (maybe a few in January this year), GZ would still do interviews before the clearances were received. This group is the original black hole./

I recall this group very well Don, seeings how we were a part of it. :)

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this process having only been in the system sense the end of June. I have been reading the post religiously and this latest string is starting to allow me to see a little light at the end of the tunnel.

I am curiouse as to everyones oppinion on my timeline for K3/K4. To date, no additional information from NSC or NVC.

By the way, congratulations to those of you that are starting to get very happy results.... :ph34r:

Bryan

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this process having only been in the system sense the end of June. I have been reading the post religiously and this latest string is starting to allow me to see a little light at the end of the tunnel.

I am curiouse as to everyones oppinion on my timeline for K3/K4. To date, no additional information from NSC or NVC.

By the way, congratulations to those of you that are starting to get very happy results....    :ph34r:

Bryan

Bryan.

Don't sweat it.. Filing was only 45 days ago for 1st petition... A mere hour on gov't time clock :angry: ( yeah, I know.. a lifetime for us poor mortals )

Start raising hell September 1

Yea! ... I have my eyes set on the "Time To Raise HELL".... Dates. I wanted to give everyone a chance to maybe follow a "Fresh" K3 from start to finish, under the "New System". Maybe this might be a way to start to gage things on an early note.

So I am offering my time line as a starting point and invite others to join in so we can watch the progress. After all, I have seen where just a hand full of people, doing the right thing the right way, can make such an impact on the process and help others at the same time.

Thanks for your response Eric. Always appreciated. :blush:

Bryan

Yes you are right tywy, The dates posted are the receipt dates on the I-797C and not the dates I received in the mail. Sense the information on both I-130 & I-129F state everything is counted from the receipt date on the form, I posted that date for my time line.

Don, I think as far as milage goes, I'm in a good location. (Wisconsin). I work in the Greater Chicago Area, so NVC is just down the road for me.

Thanks for the estimates.

Bryan

Hello everyone,

I called NVC today to find out about my case. I filed K3, and they told me that they had already assigned a case number(GUZxxxxxxxxxx) and were on the last step before they forward it to Guangzhou. Of course the operator would not commit to a approximate time before it is actually sent. Does anyone have any idea about how much longer that will take? Any information is good and i appreciate your comments.

Thank you very much, Patrick

hi Patrick.My fiancee filed our case in VSC in May and got approvaled in June, security clearance started on July 2nd and ended August 8.It took 5 weeks in NVC.I am under new method.hope this is helpful. francine

Here's my timeline to-date (I'm going the K1 route):

02.12.2003 - Sent in I-129F

02.19.2003 - NOA1

07.07.2003 - NOA2

07.11.2003 - Arrived at NVC

08.07.2003 - NVC Approval & Sent to GZ

Hi Bobby,

I'm doing K1 too and my timeline is very similar to yours. B) Did you go through CSC? I mailed my I-129F around 2/12, NOA1 on 2/21, NOA2 on 6/21, and NVC on 6/23. But I haven't heard boo from NVC since. I've given up calling them since they never have any new info for me. B)

Just curious... Did you get a letter from NVC about the approval? I'm thinking maybe I should give them a call again tomorrow just to see how they're doing... :rolleyes:

Jerry

Jerry-

Actually, I went through the dreaded TSC.. it took less time than I feared (though much more time than I originally thought). I never received the promised approval letter from the NVC. They gave me my case number (the GUZ number) the first time I called (when my forms were delivered to them) and the last time I called they just told me that the forms were forwarded to GZ. I plan on calling or e-mailing GZ at the end of the week to see if they've received my paperwork.

Based on some reading of others' experiences, I've found that the NVC will give you one of three canned responses:

1 - We've received your paperwork

2 - The paperwork is on hold (security check problems)

3 - We've forwarded the paperwork on to the consulate

I'm pretty sure you won' t be able to get any further response out of them unless you get your congress-person involved.

Basically, I figure if the NVC has forwarded the paperwork, you've been approved, and as long as my fiancee receives her p3, I'm not going to really be too worried.

Jerry-

Actually, I went through the dreaded TSC..  it took less time than I feared (though much more time than I originally thought).  I never received the promised approval letter from the NVC.  They gave me my case number (the GUZ number) the first time I called (when my forms were delivered to them) and the last time I called they just told me that the forms were forwarded to GZ.  I plan on calling or e-mailing GZ at the end of the week to see if they've received my paperwork.

Based on some reading of others' experiences, I've found that the NVC will give you one of three canned responses:

1 - We've received your paperwork

2 - The paperwork is on hold (security check problems)

3 - We've forwarded the paperwork on to the consulate

I'm pretty sure you won' t be able to get any further response out of them unless you get your congress-person involved.

Basically, I figure if the NVC has forwarded the paperwork, you've been approved, and as long as my fiancee receives her p3, I'm not going to really be too worried.

hi bobby,did you call GZ and get information about when your P3 will reach you?