Quick question about NVC

I just got off the phone with her and told her I'd like her to continue. I had also spoken with my wife about this and she said she would prefer if I keep the lawyer.

My feeling is, now I have earned special status with my lawyer. She's told me that anytime I call the secretary is to come find her so she can take the call right away. And I plan to test this.

She also did some research on what I have to do for a baby born in China. Chengdu only told me that they needed my passport, my wife's passport and a birth certificate for the baby, and for us all to be present. But, my lawyer says, according to the law we need to file an "FS-240 Report of Birth Abroad" and provide evidence that the US parent has resided in the US over the past 5 years. She said Chengdu may be a little bit more relaxed about this for some reason but this is what the law states. Better to be safe than sorry, I think. Bring more than you need.

She also said the FS-240 takes about a week to process and this document is what they accept at POE for the baby's entrance into the US. After the baby is in the US we can apply for the baby's passport.

As far as the money goes... For me, it's not that important. If we already saved some significant time by her filing at MSC instead of CSC, that in itself is worth the money.

I got so focussed on talking about the baby's issues I forgot to ask her about the MSC/CSC thing. I'll definitely find out, though. I think people here would like to know.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

K3 petitioners file the I-129f with the Missouri Service Center which has a Chicago, Ill. mailing address. MSC was set up to handle the Life Act visas, both V and K3. Until BCIS creates a petition form specifically for K3 filing, petitioners are to use the I-129f omitting certain information as stated in Item #12 of the instructions.

Saw the news on Yahoo, but CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN!!!

Thanks.....saw it too. Very much appreciated. She's telling her family she'll be here in two months. Her niece is beginning to have separation anxiety. This thing is starting to feel real for the first time since we started. :rolleyes:

K3 petitioners file the I-129f with the Missouri Service Center which has a Chicago, Ill. mailing address. MSC was set up to handle the Life Act visas, both V and K3. Until BCIS creates a petition form specifically for K3 filing, petitioners are to use the I-129f omitting certain information as stated in Item #12 of the instructions.

Did your P3 come from GZ or NVC?

GZ

GZ..........

tywy99....

Aint that sumthin'. You were the first to turn me onto the whole customs/DHL/waybill thing. I appreciated that more than you can know. Glad to see you're on track again too. Race ya to GZ? We're working on our P3 as I write this via Yahoo w/webcam. Wish you could see her face. It looks like :rolleyes: . She wants it in the mail on Saturday. Kuai kuai kuai........

GZ..........

tywy99....

Aint that sumthin'. You were the first to turn me onto the whole customs/DHL/waybill thing. I appreciated that more than you can know. Glad to see you're on track again too. Race ya to GZ? We're working on our P3 as I write this via Yahoo w/webcam. Wish you could see her face. It looks like :D . She wants it in the mail on Saturday. Kuai kuai kuai........

Hi Dave,

Yep, I know that you two are as excited as we are and I am happy for all who has gotten p3's this week and for those who will get p3's shortly. We have been working on the forms too and want to get them in the mail ASAP.

Race to GZ?.....OK, your on!...lol :rolleyes:

Good luck to you, good luck to me, and good luck to ALL! :D

I've been scanning various timelines.. according to the "new process" is it really taking more than a month for paperwork to get to GZ once its been approved at the NVC? The NVC told me that they sent my forms to GZ on August 7, I was going to wait until the 21 or 22 before I started contacting them.. am I better off waiting?

I've been reading stories of GZ just cutting off communications with the american citizen if they get tired of hearing from him/her, so I am trying to be as spartan as possible with my communications..