NVC processing stopped.

I've been checking daily for my cases that I paid online at the National Visa Center. I would call almost daily also. This past monday, I tried to logon and couldn't, I received the following message:

Sign In Failed

Please be advised that the case that you have attempted to access is not eligible for further processing by the National Visa Center at this time. Please click on the Contact the NVC hyperlink if you believe that you have received this message in error.

I called NVC and they would only say adminstrative processing, I would have to wait more time. OF course when I hear Administrative processing :lol: I became concerned, but I decided to wait and see, I called tues, weds... same thing AP... anyway I spoke with a woman at the DOS this morning and she said my wife's CR1 was complete, but was waiting on my son's... I didn't ask at that time, but I was happy... anyway I decided to call back and inquire about my son's... turn out I was waiting and waiting because I included my wife on son's I-864... the papers and instructions in some places seem to tell you to do so and in other places tell you not to. My mistake, but they told me they sent me a letter on June 5, I have not received it yet. The operator did tell me I could fill out another I-864 and send it in and he told me where to fill in... #8, yes #9 n/a #10 0,1 21a 0,1

I just fedexed the corrected one. hopefully, we can proceed to Guz soon. I'm only blaming myself, so hopefully someone will avoid this little delay in the future.

Edited by NewDay2006 (see edit history)

Hang tight brother C. Looks like we will get there at the same time. ;)

I'm hanging my man, ... just not as cool and collective as you :)

The thing is, a person that is finished when thier case is complete would get the above message in red. I could still sign into my son's, whiich was a signal that his wasn't complete. My wife's was complete, but no one at the DOS would tell me this.

Edited by NewDay2006 (see edit history)

I'm hanging my man, ... just not as cool and collective as you ;)

The thing is, a person that is finished when thier case is complete would get the above message in red. I could still sign into my son's, whiich was a signal that his wasn't complete. My wife's was complete, but no one at the DOS would tell me this.

Since you have paid the IV fee for your wife and son, and have sent in the DS-230 then all they need is the I-864 for your son. Just a short delay. I am still waiting to send in the DS-230 as soon as I get the notice in the mail.

Our Lord sent my darling wife to me but He also said that I would have to wait. But 4 years???? I guess that I am not to question Him. :)

Our Lord sent my darling wife to me but He also said that I would have to wait. But 4 years???? I guess that I am not to question Him. :)

Aw, go ahead and ask the guestion, Chawles. Let me know what he says, would ya? ;)

tsap seui

I'm hanging my man, ... just not as cool and collective as you ;)

Since you have paid the IV fee for your wife and son, and have sent in the DS-230 then all they need is the I-864 for your son. Just a short delay. I am still waiting to send in the DS-230 as soon as I get the notice in the mail.

Our Lord sent my darling wife to me but He also said that I would have to wait. But 4 years???? I guess that I am not to question Him. ;)

As they say my Brother... Good things comes to those who wait :P ... we are waitin. Good people such as you have made this "bearable" by letting me blow off steam from time to time... One day I look forward to you and I being in the relaxed state that Toplaw is currently in. I'm not comparring our relationships to his, just the relaxed and happy portion. :)

Our Lord sent my darling wife to me but He also said that I would have to wait. But 4 years???? I guess that I am not to question Him. ;)

Aw, go ahead and ask the guestion, Chawles. Let me know what he says, would ya? ;)

tsap seui

Truth be know is that I did ask Him. :) But you don't want to know the answer! ;) :P

this is the DOS hot potato... unclear how to handle the I-864 when more than one person is being sponsored. But the general rule is each person is a separate case and not to duplicate them on each others case.

The rationale is, if one of them is actually denied then there would be a miss count among all the I-864s.

It will all be worth the wait...

this is the DOS hot potato... unclear how to handle the I-864 when more than one person is being sponsored. But the general rule is each person is a separate case and not to duplicate them on each others case.

The rationale is, if one of them is actually denied then there would be a miss count among all the I-864s.

It will all be worth the wait...

Very true on all counts.

After asking here, I filled out the I-864 as David indicated, basically each as its own application, not referencing the other.

Then I added an attached page explaining what I had done, and that any way you counted it I had enough to cover them all.

I don't know if the attachment was needed or not, but they processed it with no trouble.

Bad News, but Good News.

You were able to get something out to them prior to the AP notice. That should speed up the AP process considerably.

But - it only prolongs the wait. Grrrr.

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)