Is getting a copy of his current marriage book really neccesary?....i have not read anywhere that the VO will ask for this...her divorce book and single paper should suffice...and also having proof of them not co-habitating..ie, statements of residence, certified and notarized letters of people she knows attesting to the fact they no longer are with each other etc. should be ample proof...i am sure there are many that to get a copy of the ex's current marriage book would be very difficult if not impossible..not to mention a distasteful task to try to complete

Dale - I've not heard of this 'paperwork ' requirement at all. Divorce Papers? Sure ! Certificate of Single? Sure ! But the ex spouse's current marriage book, translated into English? all notarized? Never heard of it.

Do you see in some GUZ document where this is a requirement?

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

Dale - I've not heard of this 'paperwork ' requirement at all. Divorce Papers? Sure ! Certificate of Single? Sure ! But the ex spouse's current marriage book, translated into English? all notarized? Never heard of it.

no. i just thought it would be a good idea so the vo doesn't have any thoughts about her being involved with her ex. perhaps this is overkill?

no. i just thought it would be a good idea so the vo doesn't have any thoughts about her being involved with her ex. perhaps this is overkill?

I've not heard of this burden of proof for a chinese benefiary.

I have heard about this burden of proof for american petitioner, ie -

provide recent utility bill from ex-wife.

BUT - unless you've already received a blue slip, asking for this information from yer lass, I wouldn't sweat this at all. Her divorce document is sufficient, imo.

I live in another state from my ex. Would I still have to get a utility bill of my ex? We do not comunicate hardly at all and under great restraint when we have to. What a pain! :unsure:

Why isn't the certified copy of the divorce decree signed by the judge sufficient?

Guest Rob & Jin

I live in another state from my ex. Would I still have to get a utility bill of my ex? We do not comunicate hardly at all and under great restraint when we have to. What a pain! :unsure:

Why isn't the certified copy of the divorce decree signed by the judge sufficient?

If you cant, you cant, just add a attachment with her ss#, address, stating no communication.

I was rereading the EZFAQ yesterday, and ya know?

I'm having second thoughts about my original answer to Dave.

It seems there be Visa fraud coming and going, on both sides of the pond, so get all proof that you can !!!

I am leaning towards this concept though...

If you don't know where she is, or if you haven't talked in years, then I think a handwritten affadavit signed by us notary would be sufficient, add it into the kitchen sink .

But I don't wanna raise yer level of concern, not yours, and certainly not Dale's . Seriously, I'm rethinking the answer to Dale should be -

Hey - call him on telephone, ask him to make a copy of his current marriage book, send it to yer lass.

But I think it would cause more problems than it would solve, ie - Dale's lass's exhusband might want some squeeze money to do this.

IF ya didn't do it with front-loading when you submitted the petition, then you won't exactly need it at interview time. You WOULD need it if and only if this was the topic of an overcome .

Guys, All guz wants to know for certain is that the ex-spouses are not still involved, aka visa fraud.

If they suspect visa fraud, then they will ask for more proof, but if there is nothing else pointing to fraud, chances are good they will not ask for this.

Really, I don't think it is worth getting ahead of time for 3 reasons:

1) If they suspect visa fraud they may ask for this, or they may ask for something else entirely. Thus your wasting your time until you know.

2) Even if you had this at the interview, and they ask for it, I would bet 90% of the time the officer would not look at it anyway. If they have a blue slip planned for visa fraud, your gonna get a blue slip. They will find some reason.

3) Last, it is a pia for your spouse. She doesn't want to deal with her ex, and really the more communication she has with him, the worse your case if guz accuses her of still having a relationship with him.. you understand?

Dale I understand that you are trying to prevent a blue slip but some things are better off left alone. I agree with Credzba on this one. The very thing you are trying to prevent just might cause one in this case. After all, if they are intending on giving you a blue then there will be nothing stopping them.