Reply from Guangzhou

I'm not sure if you are empathetic, surprised or sarcastic. I hope it's one of the first two.

Yes, we received a blue card (they are 8X10 cardboard cards) with nothing checked (i.e., "we cannot issue a visa for the following reasons . . .") and only a hand written request (in the margins of the blue card) asking for two statements from me and an additional photo.

Seven weeks after we sent them that stuff we are still waiting to hear from them.

Since previously "DCF" filings have been 100% successful, we are a little surprised. My wife and I have been married for a year and we have been living in China together for almost 10 months. At what point do we become a legitimate couple?

ok - so you got a blue slip on a DCF I-130 !! OMG !!

I am surprised at a blue slip for DCF I-130 filing.

A 'final' white card, with a Notice of Intent to Deny (NOID), on a DCF I-130 has to be terminally the worst outcome possible.

My apologies, I hope you can rectify your wife's case with GUZ before it gets bumped back to USCIS.

Since previously "DCF" filings have been 100% successful, we are a little surprised. My wife and I have been married for a year and we have been living in China together for almost 10 months. At what point do we become a legitimate couple?

Yes, the previous rate was 100%, but your case is really different than most DCFs... JMO.

Yes, the previous rate was 100%, but your case is really different than most DCFs... JMO.

He can't be the only DCFer that had a chinese exwife that scammed him before. It's understandable that they might want to look at this a little closer. The problem is, how long will it take?

Indeed, that is the point, Charles. Empathetic concern is certainly far removed from benign indifference.

He can't be the only DCFer that had a chinese exwife that scammed him before. It's understandable that they might want to look at this a little closer. The problem is, how long will it take?