Address used on forms

Guest Dolby

Guest Dolby

Hi, I'm preparing to submit I-129F for K-1 and have the following questions:

1. For my address, instead of using my home address, can I use an address from mailbox etc. (UPS store)? (this is really a mail box, but instead of "p.o. box", it is a street address with suite number.

(i want to ensure that important mailing do not get lost/intercepted by housemates. But I worry a background check might find this to be suspicious.......should i be concerned?)

2. For her addresses in China: in the past 5 years she's lived at different cities for odd jobs and now schooling in Beijing. But her Chinese official registration address remains in her hometown (Urumqi). Should we simplify it and just put down that one or two addresses she's registered to officially in China?

Thanks

Dolby

Guest Dolby

Thank you, Eric and Yuhui, for your insight. As Skrunks also pointed out, I now know how to handle her address so it'd be a consistent story on the form.

However, can you elaborate a little more on why do you advise against using a commerical mailbox as my contact address. (and whether you know of any factual evidence suggesting it to be a bad idea) Thank you for your time.

Guest Dolby

One more question on filling out these forms.

I assume the INS wants all the information filled in English (except where explicitly stated otherwise). So those names and addresses in Chinese, I would just do pin-yin translations myself and fill them in?

thanks

Guest Dolby

To Owen:

Did Shenyang mean to say no mailbox for her (fiance in China), or no mailbox for you (in the U.S.)? Thanks.

To everyone:

as for the security check, i know the FBI performs a check on her (fiance in China). But does the FBI check on me as well?

I have nothing to hide, but if the FBI does perform security check on U.S. fiance, that would explains why it might not be a good idea for me to use commerical mailbox (raises suspicion).

Thanks in advance.