I am very happy that I received my NOA-2 yesterday, but I am also a little confused by it.

The form states:

The above petition has been approved, and forwarded to the listed consulate. Please contact the consulate with any questions about visa issuance, or if you would now like them to forward the petition to a different consulate. The petitioner can also file Form I-824, Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition, with this office to request that we notify another consulate of the petition approval for visa processing purposes. THIS FORM IS NOT A VISA AND MAY NOT BE USED IN PLACE OF A VISA.

(I am a little confused. I thought after approval, the petition would be automatically forwarded to the National Visa Center for processing. Then, I thought they would send it to Guangzhou because that is the only consulate in China that processes fiancee visa apllications. I do not see any consulate listed on the notice of action form. And finally, I do not understand what they are saying about Form I-824. Do we have to file that to continue the processor is that used for other circumstances that do not apply here?)

Yes, all petitions first go through NVC and then on to the consulate, the wording on the approval notice assumes the average petitioner does not know this and just simplifies it to "petition sent on to consulate".

The part about I-824 is generic wording for K-3 spousal visa petitioners, in their case they would have sent an I-130 and then I-129F to USCIS, in this case USCIS has been holding back the I-130 and sending the I-129F to the consulate, if the petitioner wants the I-130 also sent to the consulate for eventual processing into a CR-1 or IR-1 visa they are telling the K-3 petitioner that an I-824 is needed to get the immigrant visa petition transfered on. SEE: http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/PN_i-129f.pdf (This Does Not Apply to K-1 and K-2, only K-3)