Can any Candleforlove members tell me how to begin the DCF filing in China? I live in Guangdong Province, and my spouse is a Guangdong Chinese, so I am pretty sure that I am going to deal with the US Consulate in Guangzhou.

However, I am new to this whole thing. Please show me EVERYTHING you know about DCF filing here in Guangzhou area okay?

BTW, how long does it usually take for DCF? I heard it is around 6 months. Is it true? Cause I am thinking about bringing my spouse home for Christmas this year.

Any info will be great to me!

With a grateful heart,

Thank you so much.

IN HIS LOVE!

PRAISE HIM!

Cause I am thinking about bringing my spouse home for Christmas this year.

TB ... the quote above triggered a thought ... it almost sounds like you'd be bringing him home for a visit.

Just want to make sure you know that these visas are for people who want to emigrate from China and become a permanent resident/citizen of the US.

If you two intend to live in China for the next few years this is not the visa to apply for.

Right on! A true wife is not a "Christmas present". You two are planning to spend the rest of your lives together, right?

TB ... the quote above triggered a thought ... it almost sounds like you'd be bringing him home for a visit.

Just want to make sure you know that these visas are for people who want to emigrate from China and become a permanent resident/citizen of the US.

If you two intend to live in China for the next few years this is not the visa to apply for.

DCF is street slang for "Direct Consular Filing"; filing the I-130 petition for a spouse instead of filing in the US; the former requires either a work visa or residency permit and cuts alot of time off the process; the latter is otherwise required to be filed in the US and has the optional I-129F petition leading to a K3.

When talking to the consulate, don't use "DCF", they won't know this term... say, "filing a I-130 petition"... technically it gets filed to the USCIS overseas office at the consulate/embassy...

Hello Jim;

Thank you for your thoughts...I should have said I would like to have my husband home "In time"in for Christmas. Yes, this is a permanent immigration.

Praising Him,

True-Blonde

Right on! A true wife is not a "Christmas present". You two are planning to spend the rest of your lives together, right?

Sorry for the confusion, everyone. Thank you all for your interest in helping us. The immigration move to the US is permanent.

My husband is a Chinese man. He is the love of my life and a wonderful gift from GOD.

IN GOD'S LOVE!

PRAISE HIM!

good luck!! Chinese husbands are so much fun!! Hahahahaha!!! I like the peronality of a Chinese man way more than that of a western man!!!