I-130 RFE for wife's son.

Back in Jan I received an RFE for the I-130 we filed for my wife's son. No where in the application did it want his birthcertificate, so I figured we had until interview to come up with it. Yeah, you guessed it, I was wrong. This was what the RFE was for and it gave us until March 14. If not receved by this date it would be considered abondoned.

Well, it was like pulling teeth to get it from China. Lisa ran into several roadblocks. Finally her brother found out who to talk with and her Aunt helped expite the translation. So it was sent to us on Feb 28. I imediately turned around and sent it to USCIS certified mail. They received it Mar 10th in the mail room. I have been waiting with clenched teeth to know if they would confirm they received it on time.

Well I got an email today, stating that the RFE documents were received on Mar 20th (6 days after the deadline), however it did state that processing of this case has been resumed. Whew. It looks as though they are entering it into their system as of the 20th, yet they are honoring the mailroom received date so we beat the deadline.

Thank you CSC....

They have to accept the date it was stamped in at the office. That is the official date of receipt. That is the standard that all U.S. government offices use. I know this since I am employed by the U.S. government and have considerable experience with this. Should they deny based on the later date they would lose in an appeal situation.

Great news Michael.

Next step should be approval and then on to NVC for a few mail exchanges before heading to GZ.

Don't forget to start building up some relationship evidence for you and Lisa for your sons interview.

Oh yeah I forgot Lisa plans to take him to the interview. :angry:

Just don't forget his birth certificate too.

If you really want to impress them you could start working on more evidence of the same kind. B)

• 2 weeks later...

More progress..

Just got the NOA2 today.

Approved and forwarded to NVC.

Any ideas how long before interview? Normal time or is it shorter since he doesn't need name checks being under 14. I only hope I don't have to go to GUZ in the summer. May last year was hot enough.

More progress..

Just got the NOA2 today.

Approved and forwarded to NVC.

Any ideas how long before interview? Normal time or is it shorter since he doesn't need name checks being under 14. I only hope I don't have to go to GUZ in the summer. May last year was hot enough.

You've got a few mail exchanges to go with NVC before they send it to GZ.

Just pray you don't have an interview during August while the Olympics are going on, if you get a date in that time you might want to request a different date. When we asked for a rescheduling for our son they pushed us out about 5 weeks.