American Citizen Hour in GUZ

Guest Tony n Terrific

Guest Tony n Terrific

Does anyone know when and what time the ACH hour is at the American Consulate in Guangzhou? Also what preperation do you have to do to be admitted there for ACH? I tried to find this info on the Websight but no luck. Thanks.

Edited by Tony n Terrific (see edit history)
Guest Rob & Jin

Does anyone know when and what time the ACH hour is at the American Consulate in Guangzhou? Also what preperation do you have to do to be admitted there for ACH? I tried to find this info on the Websight but no luck. Thanks.

Mondays and a US passport B)

Mondays and a US passport B)

And it looks like they changed the time, from 2:00 to now 3:00 p.m.

See the new link on the new USCONGUZ web page:

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/citizen.html

:rolleyes: Chengdu is still Fridays as I we went to find out what the problem was with mother in laws interview, we spoke with an idiot Tina that was in charge of interviews. Reason was family and social linkages, I asked could you define this , she kept telling me it is on the paper yes I see that , now define it I asked and she couldn't do it, what kind of people do we have working for us at embassys, hate to get hurt there as the idiots probably wouldn't know what to do :ph34r:
  • 2 months later...

Mondays and a US passport :)

Correction. That link is for the NON Immigration visa hour.

The Immigration visa hour has a check in at 2:00.

Here's the new link.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/u....oving_to_monday

If you show up at 3:00 you will be locked out.

Mondays and a US passport :)

Correction. That link is for the NON Immigration visa hour.

The Immigration visa hour has a check in at 2:00.

Here's the new link.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/u....oving_to_monday

If you show up at 3:00 you will be locked out.

Understand the update !!

It was 2:00 pm (start time) in the past couple of years; then they changed it to 3:00 pm (start time) late last year, and now it is changed to 2:30 !!?? :lol:

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am wondernig what is the procedure to attend ACH? Do I just head straight to the 5th floor w/ my passport? And once on the 5th floor, will it be easy to find that location where ACH is held?

Or is there a line that forms outside of the consulate and they bring us in?

Thanks,

Kalexe

Guest WenDylan

Hi,

I am wondernig what is the procedure to attend ACH? Do I just head straight to the 5th floor w/ my passport? And once on the 5th floor, will it be easy to find that location where ACH is held?

Or is there a line that forms outside of the consulate and they bring us in?

Thanks,

Kalexe

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=26544&hl=

Take tsap seui's info... if anyone knows best, its him. :)

WenDylan: Thanks

Rob & Jin : Yes, i read the threads, but i couldnt find the information i wanted. Maybe i'm not searching thoroughly enough. But if you know the exact thread , please help me =) Sorry if i sounded like i was trying to get something free without doing the work.

The confusion is someone told me that I would need to wait outside the consulate in a line and they would bring us in...hence the question i asked in my post.

Tsap sieu thread mentions that he just went up the 5th floor. His post was in 2007, so i'm just trying to find out if they've changed procedures or anything.

If anyone is still wondering, i was told by a employee in the consulate to wait at the 4th floor. Then later he verified with his colleagues and told me to wait at the 1st floor outside the consulate. Actually, you dont have to do any of that. You just walk to the 5th floor yourself and line up at window 18 or whatever window they'll use. At 2:00 they start giving out numbers and a paper to write your questions. It is really not obvious what I was standing in line for unless you ask the security guard and even they are unclear. There are no signs stating that it was for ACH.

If anyone is still wondering, i was told by a employee in the consulate to wait at the 4th floor. Then later he verified with his colleagues and told me to wait at the 1st floor outside the consulate. Actually, you dont have to do any of that. You just walk to the 5th floor yourself and line up at window 18 or whatever window they'll use. At 2:00 they start giving out numbers and a paper to write your questions. It is really not obvious what I was standing in line for unless you ask the security guard and even they are unclear. There are no signs stating that it was for ACH.

Yes - American citizens can go up there at any time by showing their passport to the guard on the fourth floor. If you wait anywhere else, you might find yourself forgotten about.

There are 2 security checks on the fifth floor - go to the one on the right. The one on the left is for visa applicants. Once past the checkpoint, the American citizens and Chinese citizens can mix in front of the restrooms, which are common to both areas.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)