K-1,K-3. or CR-1 question

I know this question has come up many times. I know K-1 is fastest. But sometimes the fastest is not always the best way.What I am wondering is if there is somewhere that explains the answers in written Chinese.

My girlfriend wants to know which is fastest way for her to get here.She can speak English but is worried she will not understand in written English.She has worked in USA before, but is in Shanghai now.

She feels more comfortable with written Chinese.So she can make clear.If someone can help I would greatly appreciate it or PM me.

Thank you very much in advance for help.

Have a nice day

Paul

I am not sure that there is a compare page on the 001 forum.

http://usa.bbs.net/bbs/01/index.html

There is also a page on VJ that gives the pro and con.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=compare

It all depends on priorities.

K-1 tends to be quickest due to less processing at USCIS, and NVC.

K-3 is a bit longer due to 2 petitions being handled by USCIS (I-130 and I-129F)

CR-1/IR-1 is a bit longer due to additional processing at NVC.

CR-1 has the big advantage of being a true immigrant visa, it results in a green-card being issued immediately at POE, allows work, travel, getting SSN, and even can apply for driver's license shortly after arriving.

K-3 was designed to rejoin couples when CR-1 was taking sometimes years longer than K-1, this tends to not be the case anymore, in fact there have been reports of K-3's being closed at USCIS and they just let the CR-1 proceed. K-3 has the added pain of being NOT-Work authorized, so Cannot get a JOB, SSN, Driver's License until after they apply for and get either EAD or Adjustment of status (Green-card). EAD can take 90 days or more to get, and AOS costs $1010.

I will add my two RMB, with the caveat that I am not even close to being as knowledgeable as most of the other people on this forum. But I have actually been through this process twice, hard as that may seem to believe. This is because I married a Chinese woman in 2005, but she deceived me and she actually had no romantic interest in me. She was only interested in a green card and was obviously a really good actress. Live and learn.

We were divorced about 8 months after she arrived in the US on a CR-1, and now I am working on another CR-1 for my current wife. She is not a good actress, and her love is sincere, and more.

The relative details and plusses & minuses of the respective visa types are not my expertise, but I can say in my opinion getting a green card at POE and a Social Security number and the right to get a driver's license counts for a great deal. It is a real drag (to say nothing of the added expense) to have to continue to wrangle with USCIS after your loved one has actually arrived. I strongly feel it is worth the one or two or three months it may take to get the CR-1, if, indeed, it takes measurably longer. Then, all there is is the AOS if you both have not been marrried for two years when he/she arrives.

Such expressions as "slow and steady win the race" and "the faster I go the behinder I get" come to mind.

This process takes a long time, whichever path you choose. A few weeks here and there with a more meaningful result seems worth the extra time to me. Others may feel differently.