Translation Questions

Well, I'm waiting for P3 to be sent otu now. So while I am visiting Shanghai with my fiancee we figured we get her police report, marriageability document, and birth certificate all done.

So, my question is..Do I get all three documents translated?

My great mind tells me YES. But just to ask and maybe save some money for other fun things I'd liek to know if all three need to be translated.

I know the birth certificate has to be but the other two Im wondering.

Thanks again for the advice, Best wishes to all.

And wow, what a pain in the f****** A**...it is to get all these documents in Shanghai and taking taxis who don't know the way or complain that you want to go somewhere.

yes, you will need to get all of these documents translated into english by a certified translator. it usually comes in a white booklet with the pages glued at the center with a embossed seal on the outside and red seals on the chinese pages. it should also state that this is a accurate translation of the document. i would get 2-3 translations of each or have the translator to make color copies before he glues it together because its difficult to make copies without tearing the book apart. hope this helps.

Edited by dale7570 (see edit history)

Any documents or evidence submitted which are not in the English language need to be translated by a certified translator. I think getting multiple books is best way to go since they are bound this takes away any doubts that these pages belong together. Otherwise there is no way to tell that the pages you submit are true translations or not. and open the door for possible questions.

Well, I'm waiting for P3 to be sent otu now. So while I am visiting Shanghai with my fiancee we figured we get her police report, marriageability document, and birth certificate all done.

So, my question is..Do I get all three documents translated?

My great mind tells me YES. But just to ask and maybe save some money for other fun things I'd liek to know if all three need to be translated.

I know the birth certificate has to be but the other two Im wondering.

Thanks again for the advice, Best wishes to all.

And wow, what a pain in the f****** A**...it is to get all these documents in Shanghai and taking taxis who don't know the way or complain that you want to go somewhere.

A notary office will do all of this and on 4 pages.

Chinese version, English version, Notary legal page in English certifying the translation and then the same in Chinese. Good Luck!! :o