I-765, I-131, G-325A, I-485, I-864

Finalizing these forms and was hoping someone can shed some light on a few remaining questions?

I-765:

Question 1: I'm assuming we use new married name?

Question 4: Country of citizenship? China? sorry if this is stupid question! Address I wrote previous to this is here in the US.

Question 10: Is Alien Registration number same as I-94 number?

I-131:

Part 1: Question 1: A#? I-94?

Question 5: Use maiden name? (not married name so name matches passport?)

Part 3 Question 1: Date of departure/Question 2: expected length of trip?

Part 7:On seperate sheet, state how you qualify for an advance parole document?

Question 1: More than one trip?

G-325A:

File number...A? What is "A" number?

Applicant's last address outside the US of more than one one year? Isn't this the same as previous question "applicant's residence last five years?"

I-485:

Part 1: Address-C/O? Is this my "name" since street number is requested next?

Part 3: Nonimmigrant Visa Number? Is this her passport number since she does not have visa number written anywhere on her visa?

I-864:

Question 6: Alien registration Number? A- is this I-94 number?

Question 21h: Household size? Numbers add up to 3???? Shouldn't they only be 2???

Question 25: Best to only show 1 year??? 2nd year self-employed...not great...3rd year decent.

Thank you so much everyone for your help to finalize these last questions. Tried samples at visajourney but not very clear!

Thanks again!!! : )

I-765

1: Yes married name

4: Citizenship has not changed it is China

10: A# may be written on back side of I-94 card, or it will be on I-129F Approval notice above benificiary's name.

http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/albums/Immigration/I-129F-NOAs/NOA2.jpg

I-131

Part 1 Same as 10 above.

Part 3 Date and length of travel is not needed for family based cases, just state to be determined, or to be able to visit family while I-485 is pending.

Part 7 does not apply to family based cases.

(The AP document will be valid for 1 year and can be used for multiple trips)

G-325A

A# is explained for #10 above under I-765.

And yes same address as previous address. (G-325A is used for more than I-485, it is used by US Citizen when filing a petition for a visa (I-128F or I-130 so could have a different address if used by a USC)

I-485

Part 1: C/O is used in cases where you may want a third party to be able to receive the green-card or other letters sent by USCIS, it can be left blank.

A# and I-94 numbers are not the same I-94 is preprinted on the front of the I-94 card. for A# see #10 above under I-765

Non-immigrant visa # should be red number on Visa.

http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/albums/Immigration/Visa/visa_after_entry.jpg

I-864

6) See #10 above under I-765

21H) DO NOT COUNT SPOUSE AS SPOUSE on (21c), THEY ARE THE PERSON YOU ARE SPONSORING ON (21a) Do not count her twice.

25) past year is required past 3 years are optional. Also it is recomended to attach a letter from employer, and copies of a few recent pay stubs.

NOTES:

I-131, I-485, and I-764 all require 2 passport photos each.

Treat each application separately, NO Sharing of evidence, each needs it's own set of evidence, and photos. Everything is sent together in same envelope to the PO box specified by I-485.

USCIS dose not require certified copies of anything, ordinary photo copies of evidence is fine. Keep all originals for later inspection at AOS interview.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Dan you're wonderful!!!! Thank you so much for taking all the time to reply and for your abundance of help!!!! I DID, infact, research all of this, and found so many conflicting answers on different websites, that I just had to post!!!

Thanks again for helping to finalize something that needs to be sent out soon. Visa expires on March 15th and I am told not super important to file before, but probably a good idea. Don't want to wait till last minute and hope to have everything perfect to send soon!

Thanks again!!!

I-765

10: A# may be written on back side of I-94 card, or it will be on I-129F Approval notice above benificiary's name.

I-131

Part 1 Same as 10 above.

Part 3 Date and length of travel is not needed for family based cases, just state to be determined, or to be able to visit family while I-485 is pending.

G-325A

And yes same address as previous address. (G-325A is used for more than I-485, it is used by US Citizen when filing a petition for a visa (I-128F or I-130 so could have a different address if used by a USC)

I-485

Part 1: C/O is used in cases where you may want a third party to be able to receive the green-card or other letters sent by USCIS, it can be left blank.

A# and I-94 numbers are not the same I-94 is preprinted on the front of the I-94 card. for A# see #10 above under I-765

I-864

21H) DO NOT COUNT SPOUSE AS SPOUSE on (21c), THEY ARE THE PERSON YOU ARE SPONSORING ON (21a) Do not count her twice.

25) past year is required past 3 years are optional. Also it is recomended to attach a letter from employer, and copies of a few recent pay stubs.

NOTES:

Treat each application separately, NO Sharing of evidence, each needs it's own set of evidence, and photos. Everything is sent together in same envelope to the PO box specified by I-485.

USCIS dose not require certified copies of anything, ordinary photo copies of evidence is fine. Keep all originals for later inspection at AOS interview.

One last question if I may? Shall I list my wife on I-864 Question 24b and then check Box 24e, or just check Box 24e and write N/A for 24b?

Thanks so much for helping me to see daylight with forms! (fyi, my income above $40k, so not listing assets)

I-765

I-131

Part 1 Same as 10 above.

G-325A

I-485

I-864

NOTES:

One last question if I may? Shall I list my wife on I-864 Question 24b and then check Box 24e, or just check Box 24e and write N/A for 24b?

Thanks so much for helping me to see daylight with forms! (fyi, my income above $40k, so not listing assets)

Michael,

I think you can just leave 24b blank and put her name in 24e as you indicated.

If you're not comfortable leaving it blank, then NONE would be more appropriate I think.

OR

You could use form I-864EZ and not have to worry about it. :diespam:

Michael,

If you're not comfortable leaving it blank, then NONE would be more appropriate I think.

OR

You could use form I-864EZ and not have to worry about it. :D

24 b and 24 e have to do with income sources.

We kept it simple and used I-864EZ, all it asks for is IRS returns, employer letter, and a few recent pay stubs. I-864EZ if or (Single immigrant, no joint sponsor, and no assets used)

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-864EZ.pdf

Thank you all!!! Love your timeline Dave & Christine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael up for air I see??

Not far behind then I can ask you questions after you figure all this out??

Mark and feng!! :lol:

Barely....work has been a bear, and squeezing in many other things early am and after work. Thanks to all of you, I am nearing completion of AOS forms and soon to gather all required documents for folder assembly. Just can't seem to find much time, but still loving life!!!

Hope my previous questions are of help and we are always here if you need more!!!

I-765

I-131

Part 1 Same as 10 above.

Are you sure about this? I have been reading about many others writing this letter? Forgive me questioning your expertise! Just dotting the "i's" and crossing the "t's". Thanks again!

G-325A

I-485

I-864

NOTES:

Michael,

OR

You could use form I-864EZ and not have to worry about it. :eyebrow:

I-765

I-131

Part 1 Same as 10 above.

Are you sure about this? I have been reading about many others writing this letter? Forgive me questioning your expertise! Just dotting the "i's" and crossing the "t's". Thanks again!

For part 7 1 check off if for one trip or more than one trip.

7.2 and 7.3 do not apply K-1/2 holders must have document in hand before leaving the country.

All you have to say on seperate paper is that the AP is for travel home to see family.