I wanted to start a poll but i guess that option has been taken off. So the question is how many of you who went through the embassy interview already was ask to show three years of income?

I also have another question. If my K1 petition gets approve and my fiancee goes for the interview before I can get official copies of my tax report W2 before Jan 29, 2009 stating the amount of cash I made for 2008, is there another way to obtain this in advance? Another option to show prove 2008 income?

I was overseas for almost a year for 2007, I made below the poverty level. But this year I am expecting about 26,000 for 2008.

Edited by Claire (see edit history)

My wife wasn't specifically asked to show three years of tax records. The VO just said: "Can I see your taxes?", and she gave him what she had, which happened to be the recommended three years worth. I don't know if that helps you.

As for your other question, the only thing I can think of is to take copies of your pay stubs for the year up to the date of the inteview, assuming the interview is before you get your W2s. You'll also be taking the employer letter stating what your salary is and that you're employed as of the date of the interview. If that amount is over the required minimum then I guess it will depend on how closely the VO wants to scrutinize the past three years.

I"m sure others will have a much more specific/informed opinion. :whistling:

If you get the employer letter as Dave sugested have it notarized. Our HR department has a notary on staff. Yours may too.

It should include "permanent employee" and your current annual pay.

This is the required proof of employment letter. Have recent paystubs that match this information.

If you get the employer letter as Dave sugested have it notarized. Our HR department has a notary on staff. Yours may too.

This is the required proof of employment letter. Have recent paystubs that match this information.

Jay, I have had my I-134 notarized, but not my employer verification letter, is this something [new], you have read somewere ???

I have already sent all of this off to my Lao Po.

Jay, I have had my I-134 notarized, but not my employer verification letter, is this something [new], you have read somewere ???

Roger, My bad. I am organizing my paperwork now. My employer notarized it for me - can't hurt. I see now that the requirement is for company letterhead. I appologize if I caused confusion. Thanks Roger.

Hi Roger,

I remember you mentioned about a guy in Nanning who helped your wife with her P3. I don't remember what his name was. Can you tell me his contact information please? Thank you.

Roger, My bad. I am organizing my paperwork now. My employer notarized it for me - can't hurt. I see now that the requirement is for company letterhead. I appologize if I caused confusion. Thanks Roger.

I did the same thing Rog, since the notary is in the next office to my direct boss!! Everything in my 134 is notarized, just to be sure! :D

Hi Roger,

I remember you mentioned about a guy in Nanning who helped your wife with her P3. I don't remember what his name was. Can you tell me his contact information please? Thank you.

Yes Claire,

His name is Roger Lin.

Many here have used him and all speak well of him !! :D

I will PM you with the contact info. He assists with all, along the way, which is most helpful on the China side of the equation.

Roger

K1s don't usually get asked for three years; if there is an issue, they more often ask for a co-sponsor.

I would drop any concern over the three years and only be concerned with what will be the most recent income year and/or the past one.

An employer letter will best establish the current income... Taxes only show what you made, but not that you still make it... [as to notarizing the employer letter; it's not necessary, but honestly it covers the fact that this is not written by the beneficiary nor sponsor. If there was any question about it by the VO, they would ask for a notarized version]

The paperwork is so simple for K1, you don't need to pay anyone to fill it out.. just ask questions here as needed.

Claire,

You could always just delay returning your P-3 until you have your 2008 W-2 or just request an interview after Feb 2009 when you return P-3.

I can do that? Oh tell me more because I think what if I do ask for a delay until I get the W2, will it make the embassy think maybe me and my fiancee isn't serious enough?As mostly every couples once they get the P3 will proceed to the last step right away. If this is possible then good! Do you know anyone who has request a delay for the interview and everything was fine?

Edited by Claire (see edit history)

don't over think it... the consulate sees all types of submissions... some take the P3 return as needing all the notarized items and so they delay for quite a while.

Return it when your ready... most are on the shortest, most impatient path possible... don't request a delay, just delay the P3, but I'm still not sure why so much worry...

don't over think it... the consulate sees all types of submissions... some take the P3 return as needing all the notarized items and so they delay for quite a while.

Return it when your ready... most are on the shortest, most impatient path possible... don't request a delay, just delay the P3, but I'm still not sure why so much worry...

It's my first time sir. :roller:

By law your employer has to get you your w-2 forms by February 1st. I wouldn't ask for a delay unless absolutely necessary. In the mean time save all your pay stubs. They show what you have been payed year to date. For a K-1 visa the I-134 isn't even actually required unless the VO asks for it. The I-134 is just one way to show you have sufficient income. I think if he went to interview with your pay stubs year to date and a letter from your employer stating you really do work for them. any sensible VO would accept it. Worst case scenario your sweet heart gets a blue slip for it and you submit income evidence to overcome. Probably still faster than waiting for a new interview date.

Good luck Clare.