FYI: No FIFO operations for GUZ, so goodluck!

I confirmed today that GUZ sent the P4 out last friday scheduling our interview for 3/26/08! While I am thrilled finally that we are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel as well as the very convenient date (1 - 2 weeks earlier would of been in the middle of my wife's brothers wedding and my planned bday party in China), it's interesting to note that GUZ does not have any sort of First In First Out (FIFO) process there.

Case in point, if you compare my P3 process vs. Shenzhen K1, you'll see that I should actually be scheduled 1 week ahead of him:

My Timeline:

DOS P3 Sent - 12/15/07

P3 DOS Form returned to GUZ - 12/22/07

P3 DOS Form GUZ received - 12/24/07

P3 DOS Form GUZ entered - 1/11/07

DOS P4 Sent - 2/01/08

Interview Date - 3/26/08

Shenzhen K1:

DOS P3 Sent - 12/20/2007

P3 DOS Form returned to GUZ- 1/06/08

P3 DOS Form GUZ entered - 1/22/2008

DOS P4 Sent - 2/01/2008

Interview Date - 3/13/08

So in the end, I am schedule 2 weeks later...very strange! So just like all things in China, it seems the US Consulate GUZ is also afflicted with the organized chaos policy when it comes to processing Visa. Don't compare yourself to others, because in the end, it will make no sense at all.

Good luck ya'll! :rolleyes:

Edited by yaya44 (see edit history)

I confirmed today that GUZ sent the P4 out last friday scheduling our interview for 3/26/08! While I am thrilled finally that we are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel as well as the very convenient date (1 - 2 weeks earlier would of been in the middle of my wife's brothers wedding and my planned bday party in China), it's interesting to note that GUZ does not have any sort of First In First Out (FIFO) process there.

Case in point, if you compare my P3 process vs. Shenzhen K1, you'll see that I should actually be scheduled 1 week ahead of him:

My Timeline:

DOS P3 Sent - 12/15/07

DOS P4 Sent - 2/01/08

Interview Date - 3/26/08

Shenzhen K1:

DOS P3 Sent - 12/20/2007

DOS P4 Sent - 2/01/2008

Interview Date - 3/13/08

So in the end, I am schedule 2 weeks later...very strange! So just like all things in China, it seems the US Consulate GUZ is also afflicted with the organized chaos policy when it comes to processing Visa. Don't compare yourself to others, because in the end, it will make no sense at all.

Good luck ya'll! ;)

First, Congratulations on getting you interview date confirmed !!! :D

Next, as has been stated many times before, each petition is unique, based on the circumstances of the respective petitioner and beneficiary. Even cases filed on the exact same day, will follow different timeframes, as the file progresses from step to step.

I watched many others, here and at VJ, who filed later than me, get their NOA-2’s two to three weeks before mine. Many over at VJ were comparing WAC #’s, and many with higher WAC’s obtained the P-2 approval prior to my number being approved. Then we each had differing transit times to the NVC, and then the time at the NVC also varied from filer to filer. That is just the way it is !! B)

There are too many variables in this process to be able to adhere to a strict FIFO procedure. When adding into the mix, the diverse backgrounds of each individual, the name checks, K-1 vs. K-3, children vs. no children on the petition, even maybe where the file was within the box on the pallet in the warehouse, etc, etc. Therefore, a couple of week differential is well within any norm, IMHO. Trying to compare to another member, like Shenzhen K-1, is not really relevant.

Just be very happy and now focus on preparing for a successful interview !!! :)

OK……I wasn’t going to ‘go there‘; however, truth be known, I think the folks at GUZ, do look at, and factor in, one's post counts here at CFL !! ;)

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)

This has been explained here for years as the case...

the best way to describe it is like going to the movies and forcing the seating into the rear seats foward... ergo, the later you enter the better your seat :)

But.. to make it interesting... add in a few blank rows every 10... and then periodically go back and fill from those blank rows (of course, back to front)... ;)

Congrats, yaya, yaw will soon be in bliss.

Don't be worryin' none about how them folks in Guano work things. They'll turn ya into a yoyo if ya start tryin' to think yore gonna get rationality out of them. You will not find the word, rationality, in any gubmit dictionary.

tsap seui

My Timeline:

DOS P3 Sent - 12/15/07

DOS P4 Sent - 2/01/08

Interview Date - 3/26/08

Shenzhen K1:

DOS P3 Sent - 12/20/2007

DOS P4 Sent - 2/01/2008

Interview Date - 3/13/08

Good luck ya'll! :redmad:

Well two thoughts from Shenzhen K-1 aka Mark!!!

1. I tried to tell yaya44 they needed 2000 posts for a P-4, but no, they did not listen to me!!

2. I am just a good guy!!

3. My daughter's birthday is March 13, what a present for her when in GZU!!!! :ranting: :rolleyes: :lol:

My Timeline:

DOS P3 Sent - 12/15/07

DOS P4 Sent - 2/01/08

Interview Date - 3/26/08

Shenzhen K1:

DOS P3 Sent - 12/20/2007

DOS P4 Sent - 2/01/2008

Interview Date - 3/13/08

Good luck ya'll! ;)

First, Congratulations on getting you interview date confirmed !!! :D

Next, as has been stated many times before, each petition is unique, based on the circumstances of the respective petitioner and beneficiary. Even cases filed on the exact same day, will follow different timeframes, as the file progresses from step to step.

I watched many others, here and at VJ, who filed later than me, get their NOA-2¡¯s two to three weeks before mine. Many over at VJ were comparing WAC #¡¯s, and many with higher WAC¡¯s obtained the P-2 approval prior to my number being approved. Then we each had differing transit times to the NVC, and then the time at the NVC also varied from filer to filer. That is just the way it is !! B)

There are too many variables in this process to be able to adhere to a strict FIFO procedure. When adding into the mix, the diverse backgrounds of each individual, the name checks, K-1 vs. K-3, children vs. no children on the petition, even maybe where the file was within the box on the pallet in the warehouse, etc, etc. Therefore, a couple of week differential is well within any norm, IMHO. Trying to compare to another member, like Shenzhen K-1, is not really relevant.

Just be very happy and now focus on preparing for a successful interview !!! :D

OK¡­¡­I wasn¡¯t going to ¡®go there¡®; however, truth be known, I think the folks at GUZ, do look at, and factor in, one's post counts here at CFL !! :D

Congrats..................

and roger - gag me with a post count why don't ya..........

79 more to my first thousand :P