HI all,

Well, Sarah arrived today safe and sound. She flew on China Air from Beijing to JFK in NYC direct. She went through POE without any problems, and we then took the long drive home - over four hours - usually about 90 minutes. The trip was much longer than usual due to weekend traffic. Anyway, I will let her post her impressions when she's ready. Right now she is sleeping off some jet lag - and I am a very happy man. At one point she fell alseep in my car and I couldn't help but feel this overwhelming sense of love for her - :wub: :wub: :wub:

Her excitement and sense of wonder and awe have given me a new way to look at my own country. Why this? Whats that? etc.....

Next is a full weekend meeting family and friends, including the Connecticut meeting of CFL/001 families on Sunday. Later next week we will be heading for Cape Cod for a couple of weeks of sun, surf and fishing. Sarah is a true Qingdao girl and will eat fish any time - breakfast, lunch, dinner, desert, etc. She will love the Cape's seafood! Given that I love to go salt water fishing we are a good team. I catch 'em, she eats 'em!

Gizmo decided to take a chance and immediately jumped in her lap. She was bit startled as he is a particularly large cat and she thought at first that he might be a small dog. They are off to a good start. No signs of the giant wok yet.

One last thing - for months I have been preparing my house for her arrival. I decided to have the kitchen renovated while I was in China for the three weeks. Well, to make a long story short, they didn't finish before I returned yesterday. Not only that, but there is a coating of dust over the whole house as these jerks didn't think to put up a sheet to prevent the dust from spreading. I have definately failed the house inspection! :o :P Sarah has been a great sport about this with her typical response to such things " No problem!" :) B)

All I can say is that like so many others have reported, it's all worth it in the end.

dave

HI all,

Well, Sarah arrived today safe and sound. She flew on China Air from Beijing to JFK in NYC direct. She went through POE without any problems, and we then took the long drive home - over four hours - usually about 90 minutes. The trip was much longer than usual due to weekend traffic. Anyway, I will let her post her impressions when she's ready. Right now she is sleeping off some jet lag - and I am a very happy man. At one point she fell alseep in my car and I couldn't help but feel this overwhelming sense of love for her -  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Her excitement and sense of wonder and awe have given me a new way to look at my own country. Why this? Whats that? etc.....

Next is a full weekend meeting family and friends, including the Connecticut meeting of CFL/001 families on Sunday. Later next week we will be heading for Cape Cod for a couple of weeks of sun, surf and fishing. Sarah is a true Qingdao girl and will eat fish any time - breakfast, lunch, dinner, desert, etc. She will love the Cape's seafood! Given that I love to go salt water fishing we are a good team. I catch 'em, she eats 'em!

Gizmo decided to take a chance and immediately jumped in her lap. She was bit startled as he is a particularly large cat and she thought at first that he might be a small dog. They are off to a good start. No signs of the giant wok yet.

One last thing - for months I have been preparing my house for her arrival. I decided to have the kitchen renovated while I was in China for the three weeks. Well, to make a long story short, they didn't finish before I returned yesterday. Not only that, but there is a coating of dust over the whole house as these jerks didn't think to put up a sheet to prevent the dust from spreading. I have definately failed the house inspection! :o  :P  Sarah has been a great sport about this with her typical response to such things " No problem!" :)  B)

All I can say is that like so many others have reported, it's all worth it in the end.

dave

dave,congradulations and I like the last sentence of your post.

Dave, I read Sarah's post with interest. I am very happy for both of you. Say hello to Alan and Kate for me. Maybe next year when my sweatheart gets here. :) :D

Dave, I read Sarah's post with interest. I am very happy for both of you. Say hello to Alan and Kate for me. Maybe next year when my sweatheart gets here.  :)  :D

Hi R2d2,

Thanks and yes, soon we all be able get together! Sarah and I are praying for all couples to be reunited soon. We know that we have been very lucky to finish this process in less than one year. I will say hello to Kate and Allen for you -

Dave

So glad to hear you guys are back home, safe and sound. After all you have been through Dave and Sarah, you deserve only the best and much happiness together. Sorry to hear the construction workers left the house in a mess, but I guess these things happen. :D

So Gizmo is a large cat huh? That means there should be plenty of hair to go around, enough for Sarah and me. :lol: :) :lol:

Again, best wishes and much love to both of you. Li sends her regards. We have recently moved back across the border into Tennessee, living in the countryside near a very small town. She loves it here. Li is a real " nature girl". More on that in a separate thread later.

So glad to hear you are together in the US. About the get together with Enight.....you will be seeing red spots for days - she loves to take pictures!  :D  Keep us posted on settling in, I'm really curious about Sarah getting the EAD stamp coming through the POE. It was JFK? I heard they still do that.

Again, glad you are both here together. Enjoy you Cape Cod adventure!

Did she in fact get EAD stamp coming through POE???? :lol: :blink: :P

HI Mick and Don,

You know, I never even thought to look but Yes, in fact, she has the EAD stapled to her passport. It says "Employment authorized until Oct. 10th. " I am very surprised by this. We were planning to do this on Monday. I guess that means we can go straight for the social security card, right?

Dave

Really happy to hear that your EAD experience was so easy. You guys deserve it. As for us, as Don says, our experience was at the other end of the spectrum. :D

But I am not complaining. Life is good. :D

No, your right, it's a stamp on the card that is stapled to her passport. Why are these folks so inconsistent???? Maybe more people should think about coming to New York if possible. Didn't Tony's fiance also come through JFK recently? Did she also get the stamp? Just curious. Thanks, Dave