I-751: Removal of Conditions

Thank you, very helpful information here as I am getting ready to file the I-751.

One quick question, do you actually send complete photocopies of your credit cards and bank cards with this application? Do you grey any part out? Or is just the credit card statement sufficient?

Maybe I am too wary of identity theft...

Thank you, very helpful information here as I am getting ready to file the I-751.

One quick question, do you actually send complete photocopies of your credit cards and bank cards with this application? Do you grey any part out? Or is just the credit card statement sufficient?

Maybe I am too wary of identity theft...

In our case I copied credit card and bank statements that showed both names on them, I did not bother graying out anything, adjuducators at the USCIS are not in the habit of stealing this info.

• 1 month later...

Five of use have recieved Request For Evidence even after submitting many of the items listed above. A couple of things I noticed on the RFE that were not listed was my DL's and 6 months of joint bank statements, Front and back copies of any checks issued to you AND/OR your spouse.

I would like to post the RFE letter here if I can.

• 3 weeks later...

Since we recently went through this process ourselves, I thought I would share with the forum our cover page detailing what we sent:

Dear USCIS,

This package is our I-751 Petition.

In support of our I-751, please see the following documents:

I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

List of addresses of (wife) since becoming a permanent resident

Copy of front and back of (wife)’s Permanent Resident Card (Green Card)

Copy of Birth Certificate of our daughter born to this marriage (certified copy available upon request)

Most recent bank statement from our joint CHASE checking and savings account

(husband)'s 401k beneficiary info showing (wife) as beneficiary

Copies of 2010 and 2009 Federal and State Joint Tax Returns

Original Affidavit of (Husband's Friend)

Original Affidavit of (Husband's Coworker)

Copy of 2011 Holiday Christmas Card mailed to friends and family

Photo page showing family photos of (husband, wife, baby born to the marriage)

Since (wife) is currently a homemaker not seeking employment, our mortgage, utilities, and automobile registrations are all in the name of (husband) only, so these documents were not submitted.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

(Husband) and (Wife)

• Like 2

We received the letter giving us a biometrics appointment date & time. We'll be in the PRC at that time so I sent the form back with the date of our return on it. Mailed the original to ASC in VA and a copy to ASC in VT. Did this per instructions so all should be in order when we return.

Edited by Zhou Zhou (see edit history)

We received the letter giving us a biometrics appointment date & time. We'll be in the PRC at that time so I sent the form back with the date of our return on it. Mailed the original to ASC in VA and a copy to ASC in VT. Did this per instructions so all should be in order when we return.

Lets hope, I have seen where the ASC fails to get message and puts you down as a no show causing more problems.

I have also seen no problems with walking in early too.

Also lets hope they don't call you in for an interview while out of the country either.

Lets hope, I have seen where the ASC fails to get message and puts you down as a no show causing more problems.

I have also seen no problems with walking in early too.

Also lets hope they don't call you in for an interview while out of the country either.

There is a box on their letter where you check if you can't keep the appointment. I wrote below it requesting them to reschedule it after we return...I sent the 2 copies they wanted and kept a copy incase I have to go to "Plan Bravo"...Like you said, "Let's hope..." Thank you Dan

Five of use have recieved Request For Evidence even after submitting many of the items listed above. A couple of things I noticed on the RFE that were not listed was my DL's and 6 months of joint bank statements, Front and back copies of any checks issued to you AND/OR your spouse.

I would like to post the RFE letter here if I can.

I will send you a PM with my email to send the RFE letter. Just blank out anything you want using a graphic editing tool, or tell me what to blank out in our PM.

• 7 months later...

Hi all, for the I-751 will they require proof of financial viability. I understand that we will need to submit our tax returns, but will we also need to submit recent pay stubs and multiple months of bank statements?

Also do you know if applying for any kind of federal aid/health programs will have any effect on the application. Thanks!

Answered first question in the other thread you started.

As for fed health benifit, no should have no effect on this at all.

• 3 weeks later...

My dear Ying, is now a U.S. resident for another ten years and has received her new Permanent Resident Card. This was an easy "Hurdle" only involving 45 pages of paper, $590, a day in Jacksonville, FL and a 255 day wait. Cynically speaking, no more hoops to jump through for 10 years, but I ain't bettin' on nuthin'. Thank you again, Dan for all your great advice and help. ZZ

My dear Ying, is now a U.S. resident for another ten years and has received her new Permanent Resident Card. This was an easy "Hurdle" only involving 45 pages of paper, $590, a day in Jacksonville, FL and a 255 day wait. Cynically speaking, no more hoops to jump through for 10 years, but I ain't bettin' on nuthin'. Thank you again, Dan for all your great advice and help. ZZ

And at the 10 year mark it is just filing an I-90 for new card, and a bio-metrics.

The other option to get that monkey permanently off your back is to file the N-400 at 3 or more years residency and go for citizenship as my wife did.

Are you saying that the I-90 is the only thing you fill out and send in? No IRS copies, no joint ownership docs, no letters from friends, just a form and a biometrics?

Yes when renewing a 10 year permanent card all that is filed is an I-90 to apply for a new card, that is all along with having biometrics done for renewal.

One additional note USCIS will not automatically revoke residency if a 10 year card expires, an LPR is for life hence Permanent in LPR, so if for some reason LPR fails to apply to renew the 10 card before expire, simply renew it ASAP.

• Like 1