I-751: Removal of Conditions

Hi Ed,

good point to raise... my wife didn't change her chinese family name... so my guidance on the cover followed that fact; for you, I would agree to follow what is on her greencard.

Thanks so much David, now I understand why you are using the chinese name. That makes sense to me now.

Well, I will be mailing off our package today. It is a pretty thick binder of papers and we spent a lot of time on it all and I feel like we have the I-751 covered real well because of all the great information on this site.

Special thanks to Tine Martin and his wife Ella who we call on the phone occasionally for information and to just to talk to. Thanks so much to people who care.

Ed and Yilan Reed

• 5 months later...

Well we are finally there. Thanks for all the info Dave. Now to get these letters from friends redone.

I wonder if pictures of remodeling a house will work, showing her laying tile and grout and me cutting them with my new toy. You know she is laying while I am cutting. And pics of the disagreements in the process :P

Edited by SheLikesME? (see edit history)

I sent in 2 affidavits, some pics of us with my parents and some friends, and a few bank statements with both our names. Oh and the birth certificate for our son! Waited 11 months and recieved a letter stating she was good and should recieve her 10 yr GC within 60 days. No interview

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks David for this helpful thread. I have the following questions:

1. Ltr from friends: Should this letter be hand written? Can it be written in word, printed, and then signed by my friends? Also, do they need to be mailed to us (with envelope) or simply just need to be a piece of notorized paper?

2. Tax return: does it need to the most current tax return or the past two years tax returns?

1. Ltr from friends: Should this letter be hand written? Can it be written in word, printed, and then signed by my friends? Also, do they need to be mailed to us (with envelope) or simply just need to be a piece of notorized paper?

2. Tax return: does it need to the most current tax return or the past two years tax returns?

1. YES can be typed and then signed infornt of a notary, does not need to be is an envelope.

2. Past two years showing joint filing, and should be current returns (2008 is current year), I ordered transcripts and sent the transcripts, not returns.

NOTE: Send photo copies of these things and keep the originals filed in a safe place.

1. YES can be typed and then signed infornt of a notary, does not need to be is an envelope.

2. Past two years showing joint filing, and should be current returns (2008 is current year), I ordered transcripts and sent the transcripts, not returns.

NOTE: Send photo copies of these things and keep the originals filed in a safe place.

Thanks very much for your rely! However, I thought ltr from friends need to be original right?

Thanks very much for your rely! However, I thought ltr from friends need to be original right?

Photo copies:

USCIS no longer routinely requires submission of original documents or "certified copies." Instead, ordinary legible photocopies of such documents (including naturalization certificates and alien registration cards) will be acceptable for initial filing and approval of petitions and applications.
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Bring originals to the interview if they interview you, or send them if they request them.

• 1 year later...

We are just getting ready to start this process.

I notice the last post on here is on 2009. Has much of anything changed to the process in the last year or two?

Hey there! It has been two years already!

Nope, nothing has changed.

You should have no problems with this, from what I see the two of you can show running a happy business together!

We are just getting ready to start this process.

I notice the last post on here is on 2009. Has much of anything changed to the process in the last year or two?

Hey there! It has been two years already!

Nope, nothing has changed.

You should have no problems with this, from what I see the two of you can show running a happy business together!

Thanks Dan! Since we're both partners in our LLC, I think that will help a lot too. The question is, what kind of business-related paperwork should I send them?

Thanks Dan! Since we're both partners in our LLC, I think that will help a lot too. The question is, what kind of business-related paperwork should I send them?

Copies of anything that shows the partnership.

Also the normal stuff showing living together.

In my case my wife and I were and still are doing a home business, I sent copies of things like pay checks paid in both names, and copies of bank statements in both names, credit cards in both names, etc...

Copies of joint activities, like photos at various taiji meets around the USA would do nicely.

Just need to show being a happy couple.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)
  • 4 months later...

I didn't see it as I scanned though the posts on this thread but the price went up sense I ran my I-751 instruction and what's listed on the first post, not sure when, but its $505 for I-751 and $85 each for Bio's

Thanks, corrected it in the first post.

• 5 weeks later...

Thank you David, for this excellent and important post. Like you suggested I have been preparing for the I-751 since POE. We have numerous photos, trip itineraries and a time line from meeting until present. I am now 4 months from submission so I'm putting the finishing touches on our package. It seems like I've had a part time job doing visa preparations for the past 3 years. Thank you again. Zhou Zhou