affidavit of support tax question

I am thinking ahead to my affidavit of support (still months away.) And because I'm about to do my taxes I wanted to see if anyone knew the answer to this question:

I made some money here in America, but I was teaching English in China for half the year. So I was wondering if I could put down the income I made in China into 2007's taxes, because I never got any W2s from the Chinese University...

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, therein lies the problem, I don't know if the Chinese University will give me documentation. Unless you are paid in cash, there is some type of paper or computer trail. Think about the way you are paid and how you can document it if you wish to claim that part of your income, be creative.

I guess another route would be to get a co-sponsor. But if I do that do I need my co-sponsor's W2s for the past 3 years? Not required, but always a good idea to have it handy at interview time. The VO may not ask to see any financials, or may ask for 1 year, or may even ask for 3 years. Simply order free tax transcripts from the IRS for the 3 years in question, then you don't need to worry about W2s, 1099s, 1040s, etc...

INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO RECEIVE FREE TAX TRANSCRIPTS BY MAIL (10-15 DAYS)

Dial 1 800 829 1040

Press 2

Press 2

Enter SSN

Press 1

Press 1 if correct

Press 4

Enter the numbers in your street address

Press 2

Enter the year you want the transcript for (remember, you need the last 4 years)

Press 1 if correct

Press 1 if correct

Press 2 for another year; or

Press 3 to end