I'm getting everything together now to petition for a K1. Did anyone try do anything special with all the papers? E.x. Put into a blinder with different tab label sections et cetera. Tell me what would work and make everything easier for the USCIS. Thanks. =) Greatly appreciate everyones help here. :yahoo:

Guest Rob & Jin

I'm getting everything together now to petition for a K1. Did anyone try do anything special with all the papers? E.x. Put into a blinder with different tab label sections et cetera. Tell me what would work and make everything easier for the USCIS. Thanks. =) Greatly appreciate everyones help here. :cheering:

Some do, some don't. It would appear they (USCIS) just rip it apart anyway and reassemble it how they want.

Very exciting time getting ready.

Just triple check everything, make sure everything is signed and dated correctly.

Good luck and welcome to the long wait :cheering:

Claire,

Yes. I spent hours of prep to make ours as neat and orderly as possible. Coversheet with tabs...the works. Bound as USCIS wishes.

Here is a link for:

General Tips on Assembling Applications for Mailing.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

This may help you.

Clayton

Edited by clayton2103 (see edit history)

it is up to you,but i think the most important thing is to get all your information correct .Some of the people who work at USCIS are so grumpy,they are clearly not happy for whatever reason,you could stick sunshine in the envelope,still wouldn't make them any more pleasant,but

it's only my thoughts.

it is up to you,but i think the most important thing is to get all your information correct .Some of the people who work at USCIS are so grumpy,they are clearly not happy for whatever reason,you could stick sunshine in the envelope,still wouldn't make them any more pleasant,but

it's only my thoughts.

They should be a little happier now since the application jumped from $122 - $455. :jump:

it's only my thoughts.

They should be a little happier now since the application jumped from $122 - $455. :jump:

Happier yes............more motivated???? NO!!

it's only my thoughts.

:jump: Now I am wondering, what it takes to get a job there? If I can get a job there, I want to find out everything about the process, and the situation there what it's like. :jump: Then fill everyone on the info.

Claire,

Yes. I spent hours of prep to make ours as neat and orderly as possible. Coversheet with tabs...the works. Bound as USCIS wishes.

Here is a link for:

General Tips on Assembling Applications for Mailing.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

This may help you.

Clayton

My lawyer did the same and a notarized letter stating we would get married within 90 days of her coming here. Some put together a letter of evolution, my lawyer said the simple letter works better! :rolleyes:

it's only my thoughts.

They should be a little happier now since the application jumped from $122 - $455. :rolleyes:

:unsure: Now I am wondering, what it takes to get a job there? If I can get a job there, I want to find out everything about the process, and the situation there what it's like. :) Then fill everyone on the info.

One of the USCIS employee's benefits is that they are entitled to a 2 week expediting process. But it is a once in a life time benefit.

Here is what a former adjudicator said about it.

Q¡£ Quick question: I am preparing to put my documents together now and I am debating between putting it in 3 hole binder, thick clips or a folder with 2 punched holes on top. What is the best and most appreciated option?

Here's what happens at the center. Once your mailed petition arrives at the service center mail room the money and application are separated, then your information/application will be removed from whatever you place it in and put into a standard applicant file just like all the others. As I said earlier up the page, all the petitioners stuff/docs etc... is placed on the left side of the applicant file and the CIS generated stuff is on the right hand side.

So it doesn't really matter what you send it in really, as long as it stays together until it hits the mail room. I sent all of my stuff in with a big black clip holding everything together and my check paper clipped on the cover letter. Then put everything in a US Mail Express mail envelope. it made it there yesterday AM and I'm sure I' was in my own little cozy A-file by the end of yesterday afternoon. :)