finally i filed the I-129F/I-130

hello everyone,i was married in nanning china in august and after 2 months of chasing down documents here and for my wife in china,its finally done.i sent in my applications just over 2 weeks ago.i havent yet received my notice of reciept yet but from what i understand they are flooded with applications hence the delay.basicly im just wondering now what should i be doing.are there any surprises in store for me in this process.i know it is going to take a very long time,but i dont want something i overlooked or something i dont have to make the process longer.i had professional help filling out the documents so im pretty sure they are correct.my wifes english is fair and she is currently attending english classes 3 nights a week.also we practice every night on yahoo messenger for about 2 hours.anyway if anyone has any suggetions or idea or knows something that i dont,feel free to respond,i will take any and all help.i havent seen my wife in 4 months and i just dont want this to take any longer than it has to,thanks all.....

hello everyone,i was married in nanning china in august and after 2 months of chasing down documents here and for my wife in china,its finally done.i sent in my applications just over 2 weeks ago.i havent yet received my notice of reciept yet but from what i understand they are flooded with applications hence the delay.basicly im just wondering now what should i be doing.are there any surprises in store for me in this process.i know it is going to take a very long time,but i dont want something i overlooked or something i dont have to make the process longer.i had professional help filling out the documents so im pretty sure they are correct.my wifes english is fair and she is currently attending english classes 3 nights a week.also we practice every night on yahoo messenger for about 2 hours.anyway if anyone has any suggetions or idea or knows something that i dont,feel free to respond,i will take any and all help.i havent seen my wife in 4 months and i just dont want this to take any longer than it has to,thanks all.....

Yeah

you will find yourself hanging out on here a lot,everyone is pretty cool on here,and it helps pass the time,i have yet to receive my NOA1,i been waiting since late september,things are picking up a little now though at USCIS.

Guest Rob & Jin

Welcome to CFL, the long wait and growing waistline and shares in cheetos.

The best advice I can give you is only listen to Trigg, Roger, Mikey, Dennis and of course me. The rest here dont have a clue. :rolleyes:

Good luck

Guest Rob & Jin

Welcome to CFL, the long wait and growing waistline and shares in cheetos.

The best advice I can give you is only listen to Trigg, Roger, Mikey, Dennis and of course me. The rest here dont have a clue. :rolleyes:

Good luck

Screw you Rob! :P

;)

Jim , I'm deeply wounded ;) :crutch: ;) :P

A couple of suggestions:

1) Decide if you want to file I-130/I-129 (K3) or only I-130 (CR/1).

2) Read ahead fill out all the forms as if you already needed to get them done. This way you find out all those documents you need to accumulate, and you can make a nice list for you wife to start acquiring them.

3) Remember if you file the I-129f, USCIS policy is now to NOT process the I-130, so you can't effectively go both, and just take the faster one.

I went only I-130 because I believed I could make it almost as fast as K3, and my wife would get ss# and greencard on entry. Also, since she gets greencard stamp on entry she can travel immediately back to China to take care of any business we need to there, or to another country for honeymoon.

If you look at my timeline, you will see a very fast NVC process. I used some of the "shortcuts" from over on visajourney, and I'll be glad to help you(or anyone) if you choose to go the I-130 route.

A couple of suggestions:

2) Read ahead fill out all the forms as if you already needed to get them done. This way you find out all those documents you need to accumulate, and you can make a nice list for you wife to start acquiring them.

3) Remember if you file the I-129f, USCIS policy is now to NOT process the I-130, so you can't effectively go both, and just take the faster one.

I went only I-130 because I believed I could make it almost as fast as K3, and my wife would get ss# and greencard on entry. Also, since she gets greencard stamp on entry she can travel immediately back to China to take care of any business we need to there, or to another country for honeymoon.

If you look at my timeline, you will see a very fast NVC process. I used some of the "shortcuts" from over on visajourney, and I'll be glad to help you(or anyone) if you choose to go the I-130 route.

To contrast credzba's path........

I am pursuing the K-3/K-4, because it appears to me it will be the fastest path out of Guangzhou for my Lao Po, 10.5 to 11 months, with the new math. Accordingly, I have abandoned the I-130 for CR-1/CR-2.

Moreover, one must remember, even though Lao Po will not have the Green Card sooner, as with the CR-1; the K-3 Spousal Visa (unlike the K-1 Fianc¨¦e Visa) will still allow her to immediately travel back and forth between China and the USA, should there be a family emergency or some other need.

The only down side is her not being able to work sooner than later; however, this was never a consideration for our situation, nor is the AOS process or fee. Being together, is paramount in our situation.

Last, my I-129F file, passed through the NVC in three working days, and by the end of this week, will have already been in queue at GUZ for one month.

Each person must review all the data and select the path which works best for them and their circumstance.

Congratulations on your marriage and welcome to CFL !! :)

A couple of suggestions:

To contrast credzba's path........

I am pursuing the K-3/K-4, because it appears to me it will be the fastest path out of Guangzhou for my Lao Po, 10.5 to 11 months, with the new math. Accordingly, I have abandoned the I-130 for CR-1/CR-2.

Moreover, one must remember, even though Lao Po will not have the Green Card sooner, as with the CR-1; the K-3 Spousal Visa (unlike the K-1 Fianc¨¦e Visa) will still allow her to immediately travel back and forth between China and the USA, should there be a family emergency or some other need.

The only down side is her not being able to work sooner than later; however, this was never a consideration for our situation, nor is the AOS process or fee. Being together, is paramount in our situation.

Last, my I-129F file, passed through the NVC in three working days, and by the end of this week, will have already been in queue at GUZ for one month.

Each person must review all the data and select the path which works best for them and their circumstance.

Congratulations on your marriage and welcome to CFL !! ;)

Good Luck and welcome to the family of CFL!!

Many good people and help here!!!

Roger gave you some good insight and has been through some mine fields to say the least!!

Read everything you can here and then make your own decision that you can live with as you wait and wait and wait............ B) :)

...Remember if you file the I-129f, USCIS policy is now to NOT process the I-130, so you can't effectively go both, and just take the faster one...

I thought I was doing pretty good about staying on top of the news here but this is the 1st I've heard about this - which part of cfl do I need to be keeping a closer eye on for this kind of news ?

...Remember if you file the I-129f, USCIS policy is now to NOT process the I-130, so you can't effectively go both, and just take the faster one...

I thought I was doing pretty good about staying on top of the news here but this is the 1st I've heard about this - which part of cfl do I need to be keeping a closer eye on for this kind of news ?

Each and every post in these 4 sections. You catch bits and pieces here and there,but it all adds up. It took me over 2 months when I joined to read each post going all the way back to when CFL started. Each member has the choice to stay around and joke in TC and such, or become informed, the choice is always yours.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showforum=20

hello everyone,i was married in nanning china in august and after 2 months of chasing down documents here and for my wife in china,its finally done.i sent in my applications just over 2 weeks ago.i

Hey losfer1 -

I'll be filing at the end of this month, so lets see how 'the race' goes for the appointment dates. I-130/I-129F/K-3 as well.

If you don't mind, would you find the area here, where you can input your timeline data ? I'll be doing the same the day I mail off the packet.

Each and every post in these 4 sections. You catch bits and pieces here and there,but it all adds up. It took me over 2 months when I joined to read each post going all the way back to when CFL started. Each member has the choice to stay around and joke in TC and such, or become informed, the choice is always yours.

I was referring to where he said the policy is 'now' to not process, which contradicts all the previous bits and pieces I've seen, and which sounds to me like a recent change, and I was wondering how I missed news about a recent change since I'm staying on top of the new posts that happen every day

Sorry if I have given the impression that I'm only here to joke - it's just my way of trying to balance all the things there are to worry about and analyze to death in all of this

I was referring to where he said the policy is 'now' to not process, which contradicts all the previous bits and pieces I've seen, and which sounds to me like a recent change, and I was wondering how I missed news about a recent change since I'm staying on top of the new posts that happen every day

Sorry if I have given the impression that I'm only here to joke - it's just my way of trying to balance all the things there are to worry about and analyze to death in all of this

Public Notice

November 14, 2006

USCIS Announces Transfer of Form I-129F (K-3-spouse of U.S. Citizens only), Petition for Alien Fiancée

Beginning October 23, 2006, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) National Benefits Center (NBC) began transferring Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), (petitions for K-3-spouses of U.S. citizens only), to the California Service Center (CSC) and the Vermont Service Center (VSC), depending on the location of the related Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative. This transfer is being implemented in preparation for Phase 3 of the USCIS initiative to use centralized filing and bi-specialized adjudication.

Through this Bi-Specialization effort, USCIS continues to align similar workloads between two “sister” service centers, CSC and VSC, to better manage cases and improve customer service.

USCIS will continue to forward approved Form I-129F (K-3) petitions to the National Visa Center (NVC) for consular processing. However, it will retain approved Form I-130 petitions, based upon a mutual agreement with the Department of State.

USCIS will retain all approved Forms I-130 for retrieval upon the beneficiary’s eventual application for adjustment of status (Form I-485), unless the petitioner clearly indicates on Form I-130 that the beneficiary will use the consular process. USCIS will store approved Form I-130 petitions at its National Record Center (NRC)......

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)