Citizenship Question

I have a question regarding the time frame for applying for citizenship.At what point can you take the test? Is it three years after getting green card? Also does the time matter if you have divorced?

My ex has her green card and was wondering at what time she can apply for citizenship.She got her temporary stamp in December 2003 and has her 10 year card now.

Thanks for any info in advance.

Have a nice day

Paul

I have a question regarding the time frame for applying for citizenship.At what point can you take the test? Is it three years after getting green card? Also does the time matter if you have divorced?

My ex has her green card and was wondering at what time she can apply for citizenship.She got her temporary stamp in December 2003 and has her 10 year card now.

Thanks for any info in advance.

Have a nice day

Paul

As she is no longer married to the USC on a family based green card, the time requirement is 5 years. If still married to the same USC, it would be 3 years.

Ok Thanks.

Forgot to ask tho, my bad. Is that 5 years from date of temp stamp or from actual 10 year card?

Thank you

Paul

3 or 5 years from the date you got LPR status (Conditional or Un-conditional), this can be the date you got the temp I-551 stamp in passport at POE if entered the country using an immigrant visa like (CR-1 or IR-1) or at USCIS field office if got stamped after a successful adjustment of status interview. This date should be on the green-card.

You can read the additional requirements here: http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/M-476.pdf