Advance Parole Denial

In all the time I have been participating in the VJ boards, I have yet to see one post about an I-131 denial.

AP for family based I-485 petitions are never denied, being able to travel home for personal family reasons are not denied by USCIS.

Many give no reason other than "To Visit Family" as reason for applying for AP.

Our Syrian born immigration attorney (immigration is ALL that he does) who filed Leiqin's AP firmly stated that she will be fully scrutinized upon return. Meaning, they will look at ALL and every little piece of supporting evidence to see if everything is up-to-date, correctly filed etc. He further stated there is a risk (he would not give me odds) that without having a GC there is a risk of their refusing her re-entry.

Getting notice of her GC approval shortly after filing AP certainly let me breathe a big sigh of relief.

I think I can say also that we've never heard of anyone with an AP being turned away at the POE.

You're right. WE haven't. But, our attorney has. And, his seriousness about it was disconcerting at best.

Do you know what the reason was? Paperwork not together, or something else?

That WOULD be pretty scary.

I think I can say also that we've never heard of anyone with an AP being turned away at the POE.

You're right. WE haven't. But, our attorney has. And, his seriousness about it was disconcerting at best.

Do you know what the reason was? Paperwork not together, or something else?

That WOULD be pretty scary.

Yes, very scary. And, I don't mean to scare anyone here. Personally, I think if all filing, biometrics, fees etc are up-to-date odds are very low of being refused re-entry. But, that's my take on it and you know how much that will buy you.

Anyway, no, I do not no the reasons why. Might possibly be that he has more middle eastern filings.

Ever think he was trying to scare you, to get more cash (I.E. use his services) just a thought... :rolleyes:

Ever think he was trying to scare you, to get more cash (I.E. use his services) just a thought... :rolleyes:

Ted's a good guy. Has actually given me breaks. Especially, after having paid for his service when my original filing for my former Nanning SO ended. He has often waived charges for Leiqin's filings. But, I won't have it and insist that he charge me (at a discount :lol: ).

Yes, I am lazy when it comes to filling out forms. I rather just throw cash out and let the pros do it for me. Ted's a pro and I am lucky to have such an astute person handling and advising us on this journey.

Pete ... if you are granted AP and comply with the proceedures why would there be any unusual risk on re-entry?

Do you know of any cases where re-entry was denied?

From the Document:

Parole into the United States is not guarenteed.

In all cases, you are still subject to immigration inspection at a port-of-entry to determine whether you are eligible to come to the United States via terms of this document. Even if you heve previously been granted parole, the Department of Homeland Security retains the descrition to deny you parole if the Department determines approving your parole application would not serve the public interest of the United States.

I have not heard of anybody being denied reentry, but this statement

indicates they can do what they want.

"Sure, you can have AP....we just won't let you return." :rolleyes:

I do remember reading on VJ last year of more than 1 case of a K1 being denied at the POE on their initial entery of the USA. Only a phone call allowed to the petitioner, but no information was allowed to be exchanged as to the reason. After the benificary was returned to their country they had contact again of course. The reasons were not clear to me, but something along the lines of the POE wanted a signed statement from the benificary at the POE that their marriage was a fraud, and the benificary would not sign, so they were deported. True or not, I do not know.