Immigration health exam, help...

My TB test was 12mm. Like most other Chinese, I did X-ray check. The doctor said there's a tiny scar in my lung and there may be germs sleeping. He gave me some medicines as preventative measures to kill those sleeping germs, if any. He checked 'Abnormal' under "exam for TB" in my immigration health report and also remarked "PPD Abnormal CXR without evidence of active TB".

I don't know if that will jeopardize my case?

Like was said, there shouldn't be any problem.

Once in the US the USCIS may require followup treatment, you should make yourself familiar with some of the information available at the CDC website Division of Tuberculosis Elimination (DTBE) - Home Page

You will also want to read up on the BCG Vaccine which has been widely used in China as this has been known to cause false positives in the standard TB skin tests.

It will not be a problem.

One point to remember is that doctors in China are highly incentivised by hospitals to prescribe and sell medicine. Often medications are prescribed that are not necessary.

Be sure to carefully preserve you chest x-ray. Don't fold it. Don't roll it.

Know in detail what TB related medicines you have taken including when and for how long.

After arriving in the US you will be contacted by US Public Health officials. They will want to see you and the x-ray (no costs, it's free).

They will scan the x-ray from China and shoot another one for comparison.

With in a week or so you will be given a clean bill of health and the matter is finished.

Guest Rob & Jin

Once in the US the USCIS may require followup treatment, you should make yourself familiar with some of the information available at the CDC website Division of Tuberculosis Elimination (DTBE) - Home Page

You will also want to read up on the BCG Vaccine which has been widely used in China as this has been known to cause false positives in the standard TB skin tests.

Lee, BCG its common in alot of countries, i have it, so i too get a reaction, however its the cxr thats the concern, but the Dr wrote " no active disease" so thats good. I think maybe they will want to follow it up in the USA, but medically its not really a problem, just you never know with GUZ and USCIS

Lee, BCG its common in alot of countries, i have it, so i too get a reaction, however its the cxr thats the concern, but the Dr wrote " no active disease" so thats good. I think maybe they will want to follow it up in the USA, but medically its not really a problem, just you never know with GUZ and USCIS

No, I did the health exam here in US.

Actually the report was issued by an American doctor. Will there be any problem with USCIS?