While waiting on a NOA2

how do you know when you've been tuoched, mine currently says case pending. Does it say "touched" with a date? or what..

I've been waiting a month for my NOA2 so I probably wont get it for another two, I remember when I got back from china the wait time was more like a month... *sigh*.

how do you know when you've been tuoched, mine currently says case pending. Does it say "touched" with a date? or what..

I've been waiting a month for my NOA2 so I probably wont get it for another two, I remember when I got back from china the wait time was more like a month... *sigh*.

All a touch is, is a new activity date when you log on.

Or in other words in answer to your question about touches.

An Adjudicators job performance is based on several factors. 1) how many files (petitions) you process everyday 2) number of applications "kicked back" because you made a mistake and they shouldn't have been approved and 3) attention to details and how many errors you make. Management gets a report on each Adjudicator (we all have a individual ID #) showing the total # of petitions processed, number kicked back and how many errors we made. They can call this up anytime and we were required to keep a daily tally of the work we did. When performance appraisal time came around, you would discuss your individual performance with your supervisor.

That¡¯s one of the reasons why you might see that your application was "touched" several times on a given day but no change in status. The adjudicator began working it (touch), went to lunch (touch), came back from lunch (touch) and finished reviewing it and sent it off to be processed (touch). Its touched when it goes back into the queue and etc...

Keep in mind every time a file changes hands whether its signed out to an Adjudicator or some staff person, its gets "wanded" into the system so they can track who specifically has the file. Each file has a scannable bar code. Sometimes you'd be working a file that has someone else working another component of the file or one of the family members. We would always try to keep family members together and approve them at the same time.

Getting back to the way it works,

If at any time you weren't processing enough petitions you would usually be talked to by your supervisor. Generally, this was only if there appeared to be a "trend" in your productivity. Everyone has days when they could process a lot vs. other "slower" days. A lot depends on the complexity of the petition you were working and some other "bean counting" tricks you could use to keep your #'s up. Everyone is trained on certain petitions first and progresses to the more complicated ones. This way they have the more experienced Adjudicators working the more difficult petitions like the 485's etcr question, this may help you understand touches.

All a touch is, is a new activity date when you log on.

Or in other words in answer to your question about touches.

An Adjudicators job performance is based on several factors. 1) how many files (petitions) you process everyday 2) number of applications "kicked back" because you made a mistake and they shouldn't have been approved and 3) attention to details and how many errors you make. Management gets a report on each Adjudicator (we all have a individual ID #) showing the total # of petitions processed, number kicked back and how many errors we made. They can call this up anytime and we were required to keep a daily tally of the work we did. When performance appraisal time came around, you would discuss your individual performance with your supervisor.

That¡¯s one of the reasons why you might see that your application was "touched" several times on a given day but no change in status. The adjudicator began working it (touch), went to lunch (touch), came back from lunch (touch) and finished reviewing it and sent it off to be processed (touch). Its touched when it goes back into the queue and etc...

Keep in mind every time a file changes hands whether its signed out to an Adjudicator or some staff person, its gets "wanded" into the system so they can track who specifically has the file. Each file has a scannable bar code. Sometimes you'd be working a file that has someone else working another component of the file or one of the family members. We would always try to keep family members together and approve them at the same time.

Getting back to the way it works,

If at any time you weren't processing enough petitions you would usually be talked to by your supervisor. Generally, this was only if there appeared to be a "trend" in your productivity. Everyone has days when they could process a lot vs. other "slower" days. A lot depends on the complexity of the petition you were working and some other "bean counting" tricks you could use to keep your #'s up. Everyone is trained on certain petitions first and progresses to the more complicated ones. This way they have the more experienced Adjudicators working the more difficult petitions like the 485's etcr question, this may help you understand touches.

Mike, I think whether it is first-hand or third-person knowledge, you are right-on here, in your assessment. :cheering:

Having been a reviewer of case files and investigations, both at the supervisor and then management review levels for so many years, I can easily understand what you infer here.

There were always those officers who were the star-pupils, who always turned in a thorough, clean, spell-checked, accurate, and self-reviewed report, which was easy to read/review and thus easy on the brain to process.

Then there were those, who upon a cursory review of the file and its contents, you knew immediately it would take a lot of time and effort to review, assess, and then, with the ¡®red pencil¡®, mark it all up and return it to the author to fix.

Some would be so bad, you would just send it back and tell them to start over. :xmastree: :toot:

Therefore, I am sure for these USCIS officers and VO¡¯s who review dozens of files a week, the wheat stands out from the chaff and some case files are a joy to read and assess, while many others will give them a headache.

Question: Do your sources tell you; will the original case file (Acco clipped binder) stay pretty much together, after being torn apart and scanned as it came in the door at USCIS ?? Do all of the doc¡¯s and even the photos, if included, stay with the file at the Service Center, on to the NVC, and then the same for the VO¡¯s final look at GUZ, aside from any archive scanning ???

Question: Do your sources tell you; will the original case file (Acco clipped binder) stay pretty much together, after being torn apart and scanned as it came in the door at USCIS ?? Do all of the doc¡¯s and even the photos, if included, stay with the file at the Service Center, on to the NVC, and then the same for the VO¡¯s final look at GUZ, aside from any archive scanning ???

Here's what happens at the center. Once your mailed petition arrives at the service center mail room the money and application are separated, then your information/application will be removed from whatever you place it in and put into a standard applicant file just like all the others. All the petitioners stuff/docs etc... is placed on the left side of the applicant file and the CIS generated stuff is on the right hand side.

So it doesn't really matter what you send it in really, as long as it stays together until it hits the mail room. I sent all of my stuff in with a big black clip holding everything together and my check paper clipped on the cover letter. Then put everything in a US Mail Express mail envelope. it made it there yesterday AM and I'm sure I' was in my own little cozy A-file by the end of yesterday afternoon.

Here's what happens at the center. Once your mailed petition arrives at the service center mail room the money and application are separated, then your information/application will be removed from whatever you place it in and put into a standard applicant file just like all the others. All the petitioners stuff/docs etc... is placed on the left side of the applicant file and the CIS generated stuff is on the right hand side.

So it doesn't really matter what you send it in really, as long as it stays together until it hits the mail room. I sent all of my stuff in with a big black clip holding everything together and my check paper clipped on the cover letter. Then put everything in a US Mail Express mail envelope. it made it there yesterday AM and I'm sure I' was in my own little cozy A-file by the end of yesterday afternoon.

Thanks for the detailed answer mike, I read that adjucators story on VJ a while back. Now I know where to look for a touch :-)

I just bought my plane ticket for my next trip in February! Yes!

Guest Rob & Jin

Mike, you did not wrap it in a safeway bag, you are doomed :rolleyes:

Mike, you did not wrap it in a safeway bag, you are doomed :lol:

It was wrapped quite securely, inner tyvek bag, then watrproofed, then UPS box :rolleyes: .

As she is beside me now, my method must have somehow worked. :D

Mr Lee can attest to the packing abilities I posess. Might take a little extra time to open, but everything will arrive dry and intact, guaranteed. :P