What if You Haven't Work For Over a Year?

Ok my friend wants to find out, do you have to work over one year to prove that you are financially stabled and that you are making over the required money for two by the IRS? Or do you have to wait after one year until you get a copy of that W-2? Or just ask your current employer to give a you a letter that says you work for them, this is how much you're making, et cetera?

Looking forward to your favorable replies! Thanks in advance. :)

If it is CR1 then your friend will be required to submit the previous 3 years of IRS transcripts with the I-864 along with proof of employment. If your friend is a K1 then they will have to provide a I-134 with a letter from the employer stating ongoing employment and the salary. 1-3 years of tax returns will be needed for this form also.

You can also use a cosponsor if your income is not sufficient.

If it is CR1 then your friend will be required to submit the previous 3 years of IRS transcripts with the I-864 along with proof of employment. If your friend is a K1 then they will have to provide a I-134 with a letter from the employer stating ongoing employment and the salary. 1-3 years of tax returns will be needed for this form also.

My friend is heading the K1 route. Correct me if I'm wrong. Does this mean as long as he has been working at a job that pays him over $20,000 annually per year, that he hasn't been at for over a year and just started, that should be fine right? As long he gets the employer to state the ongoing employment+salary and 1-3 years of tax return?

My friend is heading the K1 route. Correct me if I'm wrong. Does this mean as long as he has been working at a job that pays him over $20,000 annually per year, that he hasn't been at for over a year and just started, that should be fine right? As long he gets the employer to state the ongoing employment+salary and 1-3 years of tax return?

That is fine and it meets the criteria that is asked for on the 1-134. However please keep in mind that when it comes interview time then the VO can do or say whatever they want outside the criteria guidelines. This post from USCONGUZ will help you understand this.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=27335

That is fine and it meets the criteria that is asked for on the 1-134. However please keep in mind that when it comes interview time then the VO can do or say whatever they want outside the criteria guidelines. This post from USCONGUZ will help you understand this.

In this case, what if I just started working for a couple of months, and make over the 125% poverty level and I have the employment statement from my lawyer, 1-3 tax return from previous years, that should be fine? Would this be an advantage for us, if he tells the interviewer he own a business and that he will still continue doing business even if he is abroad? Will that add any pluses?

:unsure:

In this case, what if I just started working for a couple of months, and make over the 125% poverty level and I have the employment statement from my employer, 1-3 tax return from previous years, that should be fine? Would this be an advantage for us, if he tells the interviewer he own a business and that he will still continue doing business even if he is abroad? Will that add any pluses?

:D

:D Still expecting a reply.

Edited by Claire (see edit history)

What if your fiance was self-employed overseas, but you haven't work for over a year yet. Will that be a good thing when you're interviewing? Because if I was in the interviewer shoes, I would say to myself, "Eh, ok US partner hasn't been employed for long, makes over the 125% level, however they still got all the require documents I needed to see. Cool. And this person right in front of me, who looks fantastic is self-employed making their own money. Oh what the heck, give them the VISA!"

LOL!!!