129F PDA boxes too small

Hi all,

I don't know if anyone else has encountered this problem. I've filling out the 129F for my fiance , and went to print it out to verify it prints ok.

What I have found is that the fields that are not long enough to type in all the information, for example the fields for residential addresses and job history, when I type in the information it all will type in just fine. Then at the right end of the box, there is black square with a white + sign.

I figured that when I printed, the boxes would expand to accommodate the text. I've found this is not so. That the address just gets cut off. Clear the immigration service is not going to accept this.

Is there some way to get the boxes on the forms to expand (I use a Mac and I'm runner Acrobat Reader 8.1), or do I need to figure out a way to short the address so it all fits in the space provided.

I'd love to hear from someone that has run into and resolved this problem.

thanks

Michael

Visa Pro provides one with larger fields.

http://www.visapro.com/INS-Forms-Download.asp

First of all, thanks for the comments and suggestions. I looks like I might have to add the attachment with the longer addresses. I did try downloading the form from Visa Pro, but it also was limited in how much information I could put in. Perhaps it is a bit of a Mac and PC issue?

It seems odd to me that the INS forms would not allow for fields to expand to accommodate more information.

Oh, and I just realized I mentioned the 129F in this request for help, but it is actually the g325a that I'm having trouble with.

You want to know what is really scary? I'm getting good at rattling off these docment numbers and I even know what they refer to! java script:emoticon(':lol:', 'smid_15')

First of all, thanks for the comments and suggestions. I looks like I might have to add the attachment with the longer addresses. I did try downloading the form from Visa Pro, but it also was limited in how much information I could put in. Perhaps it is a bit of a Mac and PC issue?

It seems odd to me that the INS forms would not allow for fields to expand to accommodate more information.

Oh, and I just realized I mentioned the 129F in this request for help, but it is actually the g325a that I'm having trouble with.

You want to know what is really scary? I'm getting good at rattling off these docment numbers and I even know what they refer to! java script:emoticon(':(', 'smid_15')

Another choice is to leave the "too small" field empty, print the form, then hand write in the address.

I have been able to get some to fit this way if it was close.

I had the same problem, I went the long route and left those blank when I printed, then hand wrote them in. Someone smarter than me, asked his lady what her adress was in pinyin (using actual chinese words in english text, for street, road etc..) As the adress doesnt really need to be understood by the english speaking staff, it just needs to be correct for receiving mail and background checks etc.. The adress should shorten that way and fit. (I assume this isnt a problem, he got his visa in 5 months!)

I had the same problem, I went the long route and left those blank when I printed, then hand wrote them in. Someone smarter than me, asked his lady what her adress was in pinyin (using actual chinese words in english text, for street, road etc..) As the adress doesnt really need to be understood by the english speaking staff, it just needs to be correct for receiving mail and background checks etc.. The adress should shorten that way and fit. (I assume this isnt a problem, he got his visa in 5 months!)

I'm fortunate enough to be able to read Chinese, so I can translate it into pinyin. You are right, that it needs to be in pinyin to do the background checks. The tricky thing is, for none Chinese speakers, is that if you miss even one letter in the pinyin, it will make it impossible for them to verify something. so, I suspect you really need to make sure you got right.

As to getting the text to all fit in the form. Eventually, I found a way to use Adobe Acrobat to change the text in certain fields, to make it smaller and to choose a narrower font, so I could get it to all fit.

Very nice to hear someone got their visa in 5 months. It is a real encouragement!

Michael

I have PDF creation/editing software. I simply opened the downloaded form and merged some fields together to create one long one. Then I was able to place her address in the form with no problems. Using Adobe, you would need the full version of Acrobat to do this. They allow you to download a 30 day trial.