Choosing Hotel for Interview

Guest hi5pro

Lulu and I are shopping for the hotel for our interview on Dec. 11th. Can you share your experiences and tips of choosing one near the US Consulate? Price you paid and the hotel contact infos? Thanks first !! :lol:

Best wishes,

Gino & Lulu

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lulu and I are shopping for the hotel for our interview on Dec. 11th. Can you share your experiences and tips of choosing one near the US Consulate? Price you paid and the hotel contact infos? Thanks first !! :lol:

Best wishes,

Gino & Lulu

I am going to GZ on Dec 5th and am planning on staying in the building of the US Embassy. Check them out.

My email address is yang_jiahua2000@yahoo.com.cn. My web is http://www.yangjiahua.com. Another web is http://usa.bbs.net/bbs/hotel/index.html . These are Chinese version, you wife can read and contact with me .If you or your friend has other questions , you can look for me in there. About 250rmb additional for assistance with medical , it is impossible to be existent in my here . I had never do so , and I will not do in the future. Maybe have misunderstanding between you and me or my phone. Please believe my behavior.Because I stay in the consulate building very long time, many people know me and my phone. I wish you did not look for other people. My phone is 13724842886. English introduce apartments of TianYu Garden: our office address is suite A805 , 8th Floor, Tian Yu Garden (‡U phase),136-146 Lin He Zhong Road, Tian He District, Guangzhou. At the same building of U.S consulate in Guangzhou.

The transportation is very convenient. It is only 500 meters from the East Railway Station and the Bus Station to our apartments.

We have some types of chambers in our hotel. Such as one bedroom with a bathroom, a kitchen and a living room, or two bedrooms or three bedrooms. We offer two choices for you. You can either share the house with others or rent the house on your own. For the first one, the price are as follows: single bed:120-138 yuan per day

Double bed:138-158 yuan per day Standard room with two beds:158-168 yuan per day In the second, the price are as follws:

One bedroom with a bathroom, a kitchen and a living room:200 yuan per day. Two bedroom with a bathroom, a kitchen and a living room:280-320 yuan per day. Three bedroom with a bathroom, a kitchen and a living room:360 yuan per day. The price of now has the variety. This is the most special price currently.

Wish you happy everyday! Have a good life!

I got this posting from a previous CFL post.

Maybe I will see you there.

Mark

We stayed in Mr Yangs rental apartment in the same building as consulate, cost us 200rmb per night.

SEE: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=302166

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)
Mr. Yang's place sounds like the place to be since the IV unit moved from Shamian Island.

When they were still at the American consulate on Shamian Island, we stayed at the International Seamen's Club across the river opposite the White Swan hotel.

It really depends upon how much you want to pay. I think Ilovesunshine stayed at a place across the street from Yang's hotel. He like it. You can find his post and his experience there. There are many right in that area. I think the westin is right there also, but much more. We just stayed at Yang's and it was fine, typical chinese style. Western toliet, with shower head in bathroom (no seperate shower stall). Hard beds. This is the same in most chinese style hotels.

The Yang's really make the stay nice. Mrs. Yang's sister took us to the medical exam and fast tracked the lil' rabbit and her son through it. Then Mr. and Mrs. Yang came to our apartment twice to discuss our evidence. Then when blue slipped they had us up to their home twice to discuss what to do and expect. We wound up friends with them both. I guess Mrs. Yang has had her baby by now...hope everything was okay...and I hope to see them both again and have some laughs when we get the word from GUZ to come back...one of these days.

tsap seui

Thanks everybody for your suggestions. I think I have 3 choice and I'll let Lulu pick one.

1) Mr. Yang's: 200 RMB per night.

2) Grand Palace Hotel: 420 RMB per night.

3) Dragon Pearl Hotel: 250 RMB per night.

Western Hotel is way too expensive for us and all we need is a clean bed.

Best wishes,

Gino & Lulu

Mr Yang can help if you have trouble, but he always tells chinese woman that if american man pushes than he can get consulate to do it. Than woman looks at you and thinks huh, my man no push he does not care. So if you can live the answer to everything is just have american man push, but some times it did work for us. We were able to push our way up to get Ping's finderprints taken, but not for me to get into the visa area until the next ACH. Yang kept telling Ping that I can push my way into the visa area, and consulate never let me do that.

Mr. Yang's place sounds like the place to be since the IV unit moved from Shamian Island.

When they were still at the American consulate on Shamian Island, we stayed at the International Seamen's Club across the river opposite the White Swan hotel.

It really depends upon how much you want to pay. I think Ilovesunshine stayed at a place across the street from Yang's hotel. He like it. You can find his post and his experience there. There are many right in that area. I think the westin is right there also, but much more. We just stayed at Yang's and it was fine, typical chinese style. Western toliet, with shower head in bathroom (no seperate shower stall). Hard beds. This is the same in most chinese style hotels.

We stayed at the Grand Palace hotel, which is on Lin He Zhong Road, the first side street past the consulate (if you are walking away from the CITIC tower/Westin hotel area).

Mr. Yang was charging 350 for his "shared rooms" during the lull between the Canton Fair in October, whereas we got the 4-star Grand Palace for 480 RMB. For an extra 130 RMB over Mr. Yang's place, we got a very nice buffet breakfast, a comfortable room, internet access, and a shower with a tub. It may be difficult for your SO to sleep the night before the interview but if you are like me, you want her as comfortable as possible.

I have stayed in many hotels in China, having had a business there, and the Grand Palace hotel was a good experience compared with most Chinese hotels. The beds were softer, but still not like a western bed. I think it would compare to a 3-star Marriott or Howard Johnson's here in the US.

My birthday happened to be the night before Sunshine's interview. I didn't tell management, and when we got to the room that night, a cake, some juice, and some snacks were in our room with a birthday card from the GM. Sunshine swears she didn't tell him, so he could only get this information by being attentive to us at check-in. I appreciated this thoughtful touch.

On 001, there was some discussion that Mr. Yang's place is shared accommodations, much like renting a house with others. If there are small children running about in such an environment (many people bring their children to the interview, since it is often required), this might keep you from getting a good night's sleep. Of course, I didn't visit Mr. Yang's place, so cannot speak much about this, only mention the comments others gave to Sunshine when we were looking for a place.

Of course, if you want others to talk with, or to have someone look over your paperwork or give advice to you or help run your SO to a medical appointment, maybe Mr. Yang's place will be very useful.

Here is a link to the hotel, from sinohotel.com (you can book with sinhotel and not have to pay until you show up, unlike some other hotel booking services):

http://www.sinohotel.com/hotel/hotel.html?hid=841

Hope it helps,

ILS

This is the phone number to Angela... AKA ROMANTIC on Candle...

020-35587558 or 13729868644.

I saw she last posted in August of this year. We stayed in her apartment in October of 2005 and our room looked down on the line forming in front of the consulate. Very clean and neat with many price variations. Angela speaks fluent english and has experience in the immigration process.

I only hope she is still in Guangzhou!

We payed 200 rmb for a 2 bedroom fully functional apartment and she even had someone pick us up at the airport for a little bit more!

My gal and I are staying at Mr.Yang's and I am comfortable with that decision. He has been very helpful to her on the phone numerous times, and I think he may be very helpful to her for, if nothing else, confidence and comfort. She was very pleased when talking with him via telephone, and that is all I really care about. (I lived on a ship for 3.5 years, I can sleep anywhere!!!) : )

I have spend the whole night search and organize the hotels infos around US Consulate and created this Hotel Map.

The price info is base on http://www.guangzhouhotel.com/bestrates.htm during early Dec. 2007. Your mileage may vary.

You can click on the "Yellow Note" sign next to the hotel (Yellow Person Sign) to view the details. Hope this can help others finding the hotel for the interview.

Best wishes,

Gino & Lulu

Edited by hi5pro (see edit history)