Finding Love Abroad, Then Support Online for Visa Quest

I wonder if Candle could ever get into the "Post"? I'm not a VJ member but I've been there sevral times looking for info. It's a good site but I'm strictly a CFL member.

We all face troubles with immigrations. They are just so large that one can easily fall into the cracks. It happens all the time. I'm still dealing with them. But you know?...dealing with such large governmental bureaucracys prepares you to be able to deal with anybody on the phone! :threeques:

Thanks for the article, Jing Quan

Guest Rob & Jin

Nice article and good information!! :o :ph34r:

I do not know what to do next, agree with what she said or just be sad!!

That article is most of our lives in a nutshell in many ways!! :unsure: :)

Good article, but no mention of cheetoos !! :threeques:

I know nothing about the facts of the case except what is in the article.

I am not saying that I agree with the denial, but for the sake of discussion I will say that I am not surprised by the denial, based strictly on the facts given in the article.

My analysis may be way off, but from a personal standpoint I think there is a huge difference between a 21 year old male and a 38 year old female who are trying to obtain a fiance visa, and a 35 year old male and a 52 year old female, for example. Again, just my personal opinion, but I think that if both parties to the engagement are of a mature age, it is probably easier for them to convince the gatekeepers that their relationship is bona fide.

Again, I am not saying the denial is correct. I am just commenting on the facts that are in the article. The "bride" seems to concede that her fiance does not come across as being smitten with her. It seems to me that no matter how macho a man is, if he is smitten, it will show.

The same is true of a woman in my mind. If I couldn't see love shining in Ping's eyes, I wouldn't try to make myself believe that she loved me, even if she could get past the gatekeepers. I also wanted to see evidence myself that her love grew with the passage of time, but that is just my preference. Because of that preference, I feel that the time it is taking us to get the visa is a helpful reality check for both of us.

Having said that, enough is enough! We are ready. :ph34r:

True enough, and I missed the large age gap!! :threeques:

Any young man in the age of 18-35 or so is going to have problems getting to the US, enough said. Also, from that region of the world is even tougher, not being racist, read the US web pages! :unsure:

Guest Rob & Jin

I wonder if Candle could ever get into the "Post"? I'm not a VJ member but I've been there sevral times looking for info. It's a good site but I'm strictly a CFL member.

We all face troubles with immigrations. They are just so large that one can easily fall into the cracks. It happens all the time. I'm still dealing with them. But you know?...dealing with such large governmental bureaucracys prepares you to be able to deal with anybody on the phone! ;)

I also prefer CFL, but I use VJ for its statistics. They have a much larger base from which to draw the statistics, so it has helped us quite a bit in that respect.

I have been surprised at how few people on VJ are on the Guangzhou trail. After our NOA-2 was issued on October 1, there have been only half a dozen or so other couples whose NOA-2 has been approved in October who are in the China database.

Plus, lets face it Ty, if someone wants a generally mature analysis of an issue, they will be much more likely to find it on CFL (except, of course, any analysis pertaining to sheep or goats). :P

Yes i agree, not many Guz , hopefully that means that hasn't been a big increase in China petitions, because we all know what that will do to Guz's processing times. :) :rolleyes:

We all face troubles with immigrations. They are just so large that one can easily fall into the cracks. It happens all the time. I'm still dealing with them. But you know?...dealing with such large governmental bureaucracys prepares you to be able to deal with anybody on the phone! :)

I also prefer CFL, but I use VJ for its statistics. They have a much larger base from which to draw the statistics, so it has helped us quite a bit in that respect.

I have been surprised at how few people on VJ are on the Guangzhou trail. After our NOA-2 was issued on October 1, there have been only half a dozen or so other couples whose NOA-2 has been approved in October who are in the China database.

Plus, lets face it Ty, if someone wants a generally mature analysis of an issue, they will be much more likely to find it on CFL (except, of course, any analysis pertaining to sheep or goats). :blink:

Yes i agree, not many Guz , hopefully that means that hasn't been a big increase in China petitions, because we all know what that will do to Guz's processing times. :) :unsure:

There does seem to be a real slow down of NOA1 - NOA2, or am I missing something here??

Anyone that is keeping track of time lines have any thoughts on this??