how do i send chinese text in email?

I am not sure this is the place to post this,but i am trying to send thru email on yahoo,chinese text,(simplified)(chinese characters).to my wife,I write my text in english,and i copy it,and then paste it on a translator,then copy the chinese text,then paste it into yahoo mail,it looks fine,until i send it,then when i look into my "sent" folder" it is not in chinese characters its in some weird writing looks like this "e/o?$$*h@@1o_+c" well something weird like that?how do I get it to send out in email,chinese (simplified) characters? I can look at yahoo.com.cn, and i see all the chinese characters....i hope i am making sense. hope someone can help

thanks jim

You need to tell your internet connection you are using Chinese not jibberish!! Go to your internet icon and then go to properties, click on the general tab. You need to add Chinese text and then it should work. Also I use google translator when I am in the mood to send a letter in Chinese!! :P :P

But a quote from my SO!!! Leave the translating to me, her software is much better!! :) :) ;)

I am not sure this is the place to post this,but i am trying to send thru email on yahoo,chinese text,(simplified)(chinese characters).to my wife,I write my text in english,and i copy it,and then paste it on a translator,then copy the chinese text,then paste it into yahoo mail,it looks fine,until i send it,then when i look into my "sent" folder" it is not in chinese characters its in some weird writing looks like this "e/o?$$*h@@1o_+c" well something weird like that?how do I get it to send out in email,chinese (simplified) characters? I can look at yahoo.com.cn, and i see all the chinese characters....i hope i am making sense. hope someone can help

thanks jim

Use gmail instead of Yahoo mail. Gmail will recognize the codec automatically. Otherwise you need to switch the language setting in your yahoo mail to "simplified Chinese". I don't think the browser will make any difference but I will recommend Firefox too. No IE, No Yahoo and Hotmail.... You will be much happier. Let me know if you need a "invitation" to get a Gmail.

Best wishes,

Gino & Lulu

As long as you are using IE as your browser just go to view on the top. Select encoding and be sure you have it set for Chinese simplified. This will get the ÖÐÎÄ rather than gibberish. You can also install your MS language Chinese keyboard from the control panel to type using pinyin.