HR 2235 update

Then, too, I noticed Joe Scarbrough last night mentioned that INS (He still calls it INS) is keeping families apart ( he said it almost under his breath) but are doing little to keep our borders safe. BTW, Joe is an ex R congressman.... :rolleyes:

Nice letter Carl, but if you want to send it to Graves, I would also enclose a letter to your own congressmen with a CC so that Graves knows that others are hearing from you. Just a thought?? MH told me in a e-mail return some time back that since 9/11 the Life Act has been out on hold.

Missouri has been getting lots of illegals from south of the border from what I saw on CNN about 2 months ago, so maybe the people of that state are raising a job problem and Graves is trying to pass this bill.

Here's the latest status on HR 2235

Carl

H.R.2235

Title: To suspend certain nonessential visas, in order to provide temporary workload relief critical to the successful reorganization of the immigration and naturalization functions of the Department of Homeland Security, to ensure that the screening and monitoring of arriving immigrants and nonimmigrants, and the deterrence of entry and settlement by illegal or unauthorized aliens, is sufficient to maintain the integrity of the sovereign borders of the United States, and for other purposes.

Sponsor: Rep Graves, Sam [MO-6] (introduced 5/22/2003) Cosponsors: 1

Latest Major Action: 6/25/2003 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Immigration, Border Security, and Claims.

Guest R2D2
Here's the latest status on HR 2235

Carl

H.R.2235

Title: To suspend certain nonessential visas, in order to provide temporary workload relief critical to the successful reorganization of the immigration and naturalization functions of the Department of Homeland Security, to ensure that the screening and monitoring of arriving immigrants and nonimmigrants, and the deterrence of entry and settlement by illegal or unauthorized aliens, is sufficient to maintain the integrity of the sovereign borders of the United States, and for other purposes.

Sponsor: Rep Graves, Sam [MO-6] (introduced 5/22/2003)      Cosponsors: 1

Latest Major Action: 6/25/2003 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Immigration, Border Security, and Claims.

It might pass. Seems it is going into Asa Hutchinson's hands. :blink:

Guest R2D2

Just found out by a Bio on CNN that Dick Cheney voted against every integration issue, including the Martin Luther King day, equal rights amendment, and busing for integration, while he was a congressman from Wyoming. In addition, he worked for Nixon and Ford. Since when has it been that a prerequisite, to be a Republican, to be biased towards color? Seems Bush picked his people based on this agenda. I am going to have to change my party affiliation. :wacko: