Name change after she gets here

I don't want to throw a stone into this pond.. but my feeling is that most chinese who change their name do this only for the USC or the idea of "change" into the culture; most chinese would not change their name.

SO, they are doing this in the moment and do not understand all the implications fo the change (as this post is a great point of us also not knowing).

I told my wife she would not change her name at all... she picked an english name... she agreed. I offered to change my name to hers.. she said I already had a chinese name, so no need to change my name.. seems so simple.

If we decide later or if she ever decides to become a citizen, we could do something later.. .but I saw no point in her changing something that neither one of us understood the long term implications of...

It's just a name.. so sooner or later means nothing really... food for thought.

I finally got a straight answer out of NW airlines. They said with the ammendment page in her passport there will be no problem booking the plane ticket in her married name. They did suggest that she bring a copy of her marriage certificate with her as additional documentation.

There really is no problem with traveling to China though, even if there is no ammendment done to the passport. She would need to book the ticket in her maiden name though without the ammendment. Coming back into the USA they are only concerned with the green card.