Preparing I-134 Affidavit of Support...

As I am preparing all that is required to go along with the I-134 Affidavit of Support, I have to ask:

Do I need to include the W-2's with the tax transcripts?

How many years of past tax transcripts are needed?

The I-134 I have lists the exp. date of 04/30/07. I have read that this form is to be updated soon. Is the updated/most recent form released yet?

Who is required to provide the completed I-864 form?

I do have the form 4506-T (Request for Transcript of Tax Return) along with the phone number, fax number and address for this request. It states that transcripts can be processed within 10 days, but the W-2's can take up to 45 days to process. I would hate to delay the delivery of the transcripts if the W-2's are not needed.

Thanks to all who may provide help with these questions.

Clayton

Edited by clayton2103 (see edit history)

Clayton,

I'm taking an extra copy of my 2006 tax return and a W2 from it that I had my accountant make for me when I had my taxes done. And I have transcripts that I ordered from '04 and '05. The most you will need is the past three years I believe. I don't think it's necessary to have W2s from all three years. Others may set me straight.

I just looked at the USCIS website and the current I-134 still has an expiration date of 4/30. As others have stated in the past, I don't know that that date matters too much. You're on pretty much the same timeline as me. I think we have time to wait for a new version if they issue one or just use this one if they don't.

As for the I-864 and 4506-T questions, I'm not too sure. Others will be able to answer those I'm sure.

Hope this helps.

In our case this what the I-134 included.

• I-134 signed and notarized.
  • Tax transcripts from the IRS for past 3 years, (Redundant for the (1040,W2,1099) but are free from the IRS
  • Photo copy of IRS form 1040, and W2s for past 3 years
  • Letter from my employer stating annual salary, job responsibility, and that is full time, on company letterhead.
  • Photo copies of past 6 months pay stubs up to a few weeks before the interview.

Edition Date :2/28/07. Versions 12/04/06, 7/14/06 and 6/17/06 are also acceptable.
I-134

Keep in mind the expiration date on government forms has to do with the review and comment period on the new form, not when the form is no longer valid. The date is on the form is when the departments using the form can no longer submit comments to the Office of Management and Budget OMB the OMB number on the form is an internal designation on the survey.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/library/OMBINV.DHS.HUD.html

They will use the form long after the comment period expires.

You only need the basic tax transcripts, they have the data that is on the W-2 forms. I looked at the transcript order form, and just called 800 829 1040 and ordered them, had them in less than a week.

http://www.irs.gov/faqs/faq1-6.html

You only need the W2 forms to back up the numbers in any 1040 forms that you use as income evidence, anyone can just make up a 1040 that looks good, the W2 is to prove the numbers on the 1040.

The I-134 is used for K-Visa interview at the consulate.

The I-864 is used when applying for a green card, it is provided by the US citizen sponsoring the immigrant. It is used when a K-Visa holder adjust status in the USA or at the consulate for CR-1 or IR-1 visa because they are immigrant visas that directly result in a green-card.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

• Tax transcripts from the IRS for past 3 years, (Redundant for the (1040,W2,1099) but are free from the IRS
  • Letter from my employer stating annual salary, job responsibility, and that is full time, on company letterhead.
  • Photo copies of past 6 months pay stubs up to a few weeks before the interview.

Edition Date :2/28/07. Versions 12/04/06, 7/14/06 and 6/17/06 are also acceptable.
I-134

Keep in mind the expiration date on government forms has to do with the review and comment period on the new form, not when the form is no longer valid. The date is on the form is when the departments using the form can no longer submit comments to the Office of Management and Budget OMB the OMB number on the form is an internal designation on the survey.

You only need the basic tax transcripts, they have the data that is on the W-2 forms. I looked at the transcript order form, and just called 800 829 1040 and ordered them, had them in less than a week.

You only need the W2 forms to back up the numbers in any 1040 forms that you use as income evidence, anyone can just make up a 1040 that looks good, the W2 is to prove the numbers on the 1040.

The I-864 is used when applying for a green card, it is provided by the US citizen sponsoring the immigrant. It is used when a K-Visa holder adjust status in the USA or at the consulate for CR-1 or IR-1 visa because they are immigrant visas that directly result in a green-card.

I have been self-employed since 2004 and only have W-2's from 2004 (worked for a company till April 2004) (2005: self proprietor, 2006: corporation, none of these years did I have a formal payroll with W-2's). Will 3 years tax returns be ok or should I obtain transcripts?

I-134

I have been self-employed since 2004 and only have W-2's from 2004 (worked for a company till April 2004) (2005: self proprietor, 2006: corporation, none of these years did I have a formal payroll with W-2's). Will 3 years tax returns be ok or should I obtain transcripts?

Get the transcripts, they prove income, and cannot be faked like 1040s

I-134 instructions:

C. If self-employed:

1. Copy of last income tax return filed; or

2. Report of commercial rating concern.

I-134

Get the transcripts, they prove income, and cannot be faked like 1040s

I-134 instructions:

C. If self-employed:

1. Copy of last income tax return filed; or

2. Report of commercial rating concern.

Report of commercial rating concern? May I ask what that is?

Report of commercial rating concern? May I ask what that is?

Legal mumbo-jumbo that even a law forum has no idea about what is being asked for.

SEE: http://chat.lawinfo.com/report_commercial_...6273/index.html

Reports used to establish your financial stability and credit-worthiness over time. (hows that sound?) :D

Thanks all. I'll wait to be asked for one...then freak out. It almost sounds like a D&B (Dunn & Bradstreet) rating?

Do I need to include the W-2's with the tax transcripts?

Hi Clayton,

I got my P2 approval yesterday, so I am in the same boat as you are.

The tax transcripts will show the total income you earned in a typical year. If you were married before and filed together, it will not show if you earned most of it or if your ex-wife did. So the W-2s will show what you earned of that total income.

If you filed single, no need to worry about this.

I have heard it is good to have your I-134 signature/notarization date closer to the interview date, since it is a reflection of your income status. To get this now might be too early. I will probably get mine after P3 is returned by my SO.

Hi everyone. Reading this thread, I just noticed that my mom (who is our co-sponsor) didn't submit tax transcripts from the IRS. Instead, she printed out her tax forms from Turbotax and signed them over again. Then she wrote a letter explaining that these are the copies she had and that she signed them again to show that they are official. She had this letter notarized.

Is there any chance that this will not be enough? Should I have my mom get the tax transcripts instead? I'm really annoyed at myself for not having noticed this thing about tax transcripts earlier¡­

Hi everyone. Reading this thread, I just noticed that my mom (who is our co-sponsor) didn't submit tax transcripts from the IRS. Instead, she printed out her tax forms from Turbotax and signed them over again. Then she wrote a letter explaining that these are the copies she had and that she signed them again to show that they are official. She had this letter notarized.

Is there any chance that this will not be enough? Should I have my mom get the tax transcripts instead? I'm really annoyed at myself for not having noticed this thing about tax transcripts earlier¡­

This method is supposed to be acceptable... but I've seen a rare case where they asked for transcripts anyway.

The only 'TurboTax' problem I've seen was someone forgot to sign it after printing.. you should like you went one step further and got a notarized letter... should be ok. Just wait and see...

This method is supposed to be acceptable... but I've seen a rare case where they asked for transcripts anyway.

The only 'TurboTax' problem I've seen was someone forgot to sign it after printing.. you should like you went one step further and got a notarized letter... should be ok. Just wait and see...

Thanks a lot, David! She also provided W-2s, etc, so I think it should be alright¡­