Finally Cleared!

Guest Dawson

Guest Dawson

My Birthday wish came true when Xiaofang called the day after with the good news that the GZ consulate called to tell her the visa was ready! :D :o

We heard that the name check was slower for those with more common names (like Chen) and her friend who is now working for the UK consulate in GZ has confirmed this.

She said she now understands why Xiaofang had to wait so long because they have the same issue at the UK Consulate. There are so many hits to check against a common name.

My best prayers for you all and much thanks for your posts all these months.

Timeline:

1st NOA May 30 2002

2nd NOA Aug 9 2002

P3 Received Sept 25 2002

Interview Jan 16 2003

EMS (Visa Ready) May 16 2003

Guest berni&fang
We heard that the name check was slower for those with more common names (like Chen)

She said she now understands why Xiaofang had to wait so long because they have the same issue at the UK Consulate.

conratulations! :D :redblob: :redblob: :redblob:

my name is also FANG, so it took xiaofang around 5 month to get the namecheck cleared, right? does she have a common last name too?

thanks

bernie&fang,

Yes, her last name if Chen and it took six months for the clearance since it was first submitted in Dec 2002

First of all, congratulations Dawson. I am glad you finally heard something. :redblob:

Second, my wife shares the same family name you mention. We got the white slip post-interview on August 20th and did not receive the visa until March 10. So we were ten days short of seven months from interview to acutal visa issuance. Hopefully things will work more quickly for those still in the pipeline. We were 18 months start to finish. :D